The Ultimania translations linked here can also be accessed via the Guide Book Translations section.
The obscure FFVII DVD released in 1997.
- PlayStation versus Toshiba DVD: FMV Analysis
- Absolute Steve’s FFVII Guide (Offsite: GameFAQs)
For the most comprehensive guide out there on how to play FFVII and even how to get a perfect save file, look no further!
- Versions Guide (Beta)
This is the temporary “forum thread” edition of the guide. It will eventually be adapted into a full front page feature, complete with even more observations.
- FFVII International 4th Disc Image Gallery
112 images from the bonus disc that is only included in the second (complete) Japanese version of FFVII.
Interviewed: Hironobu Sakaguchi, Tetsuya Nomura, Kazuyuki Hashimoto, Yusuke Naora & Nobuo Uematsu.
- FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania p. 8-13 “Creators’ Discussion”
Yoshinori Kitase, Kazushige Nojima & Tetsuya Nomura talk about the making of FFVII.
- Final Fantasy VII Developer Speaks Out About “The Travelling Salesman”, interview by GlitterBerri.
Weekly Famitsu: FFVII 15th Anniversary Feature
A 12-page coverage of the game’s plot and production history. The FFVII cast interviewed were Kitase, Nomura and Nojima (and two anonymous PR staff).
- Yoshinori Kitase Interview
- Tetsuya Nomura Interview
Early Material File
|From the FFVII Ultimania Omega (2005).
Early concepts for the world, characters and themes.
- Character Files: Page 518, Cloud, Barret & Tifa.
- Character Files: Page 519-520, Aerith, Red XIII & Cait Sith.
- Character Files: Page 520-523, Yuffie, Cid & Vincent.
- Worldview & Terminology: Page 523-525
- Scenarios & Scripts: Page 525-526
- Scenarios & Scripts: Page 527-528
- Scenarios & Scripts: Page 528-529
- Scenarios & Scripts: Page 528-529 (Part 2)
The Unused Text Series
|Text and scenes found within the game code of the retail editions. Complete with in-depth commentary written by Shademp.
• Article Index and Term Register
• Part 1: Bombing Mission & The Train Ride
• Part 2: Sector 7 Slums
• Part 3: Train Escape & The Sector 5 Slums
• Part 4: Honey Bee Inn – (1) Entrance, Lobby & Dressing Room
• Part 4: Honey Bee Inn – (2) Waiting Room & Second Floor
• Part 5: Rescuing Aeris, Story Time at the Inn – (1) Wall Market to Shinra HQ Library
• Part 5: Rescuing Aeris, Story Time at the Inn – (2) Shinra HQ Library to Kalm
• Part 6: Chocobo Farm to Corel Prison – (1) Chocobo Farm to Cargo Ship
• Part 6: Chocobo Farm to Corel Prison – (2) Costa del Sol to Corel Prison
• Part 7: Gongaga to Wutai
• Part 8: Keystone Quest to End of Disc 1
A fascinating article about the localization of j-rpgs, FFVII included. Provides insight to the translation process and just who handled these monumental tasks.
- Gameplay Videos of Final Fantasy VII Demos (Offsite)
- Unseen Version of Final Fantasy VII in New Square Promo Video, news item from July 2012.
- Max Natural HP/MP Challenge Completed by songsengnim, newspost from March 2012.