Name changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Also, quit bickering and accept the man's opinion, ffs wtf. I don't mind name changes and shit just as long as they're reasonable, infrequent, and functional, so feel free to open up a new name change thread with those conditions in mind.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I don't mind name changes and shit just as long as they're reasonable, infrequent, and functional, so feel free to open up a new name change thread with those conditions in mind.

With all due respect (TO EVERYONE), I think the conditions have to be more concrete than that, just for the sake of being organized and fair to everyone. Can we draft up some numbered, solid rules in accordance to this?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
No, I didn't. Prove this. Like I said, I have made it clear more than once that I would not resist any motion to change names. I just don't like it at all. I'm sorry for not being passive aggressive about my opinion.

Saying that you won't resist makes no difference at all since you CAN'T resist anything if people decide on a course of action.

When you go well out of your way to speak against an idea, you're making a point of your involvement being integral to the discussion at hand. You don't seem to understand that HOW you state your opinion dictates how it will be seen.

I have seen no indication that the name change thread was closed past you being inconvenienced over people changing their names.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Also, quit bickering and accept the man's opinion, ffs wtf. I don't mind name changes and shit just as long as they're reasonable, infrequent, and functional, so feel free to open up a new name change thread with those conditions in mind.

No one said they didn't accept his opinion, and I'll be damned if I can't dispute it if he can go on about how awful name changes are.

We're having a discussion here, bickering constitutes name calling and insulting each other, you're misrepresenting the conversation entirely.

I do agree that there needs to be some limits past doing whatever the fuck with your name all the time though.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Saying that you won't resist makes no difference at all since you CAN'T resist anything if people decide on a course of action.

Of course. But I could have attempted to, even fruitlessly. Continually argued the point, made a few threads about it in the Staff section, and generally just tried to lobby the shit out of it. Instead, I said; 'I don't think this is a good idea in fact I think it is a bad one here's why, but hey, do what you want'.

When you go well out of your way to speak against an idea, you're making a point of your involvement being integral to the discussion at hand.

I believe in everyone getting a chance to state their opinion, even if they're the only one stating it. No one's opinion should be ostracized or completely overflooded just because it's unpopular.

You don't seem to understand that HOW you state your opinion dictates how it will be seen.

You're absolutely right. However, I was blunt about my opinion, but not particularly rude. Let's be honest here, if I had that tone and I was on the majority's side, no one would be complaining. I've seen it happen. A lot.

As an aside, considering that you can be blunt to the point of rudeness (to the point where you couldn't get away with it in real life blunt), this is pretty funny coming from you. Practice, preach, etc?

I have seen no indication that the name change thread was closed past you being inconvenienced over people changing their names.

To be fair, I closed it and said 'Hey, nobody is in trouble, we just want to make things more concrete', and then Mako also posted 'No fuck that everyone is in trouble this name change shit has gotten out of hand.'

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
`

No one gives a fuck about his opinion, they just give a fuck about the bullshit and victim-card-playing associated with it, as well as the fact that the first name change thread was only apparently closed because of his whining.

Incidentally,
It's just a matter of looking at things differently, I've never been to a forum where either A. you could change your name or B. anyone really cared because we were busy with other things
Yes you fucking have, it was called ACF.

I also don't see why anyone needs to make a new name change thread. Just reopen the old one, and if anyone abuses name changes you can always just... deny them their name change. It appears that common sense gets applied way too seldom here these days.

Last edited:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
No one gives a fuck about his opinion, they just give a fuck about the bullshit and victim-card-playing associated with it, as well as the fact that the first name change thread was only apparently closed because of his whining.

No I actually closed it so we could construct some concrete rules and draft up some stuff that's fair to anyone. If anything, Mako was far more pissed than I was. Unfortunately, that never went though, but c'est la vie.

Are you going to try to crucify me for this, Aaron? I'm sorry I don't meet your posting standards. I already acceded the point like several posts ago.

Yes you fucking have, it was called ACF.

Oh cool, I stand corrected, one forum vs. the dozens if not hundred I've been to. Which is related to this one, no less. Good example, really!

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Like they said, Mr. Worf, you don't need to play the victim and just relent to the fact that frankly, sometimes you must man up and face the music. Elsewise, it will just incite more and more out of us to feel that you are infact... incompetent and lazy.

Edit: Don't be silly, no one ever sees/lives with a hundred forums in their internet life.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I believe in everyone getting a chance to state their opinion, even if they're the only one stating it. No one's opinion should be ostracized or completely overflooded just because it's unpopular.

Your opinion is being singled out because you've CONTINUALLY injected it into the conversation and made a big deal about it, which in turn caused everyone else to.

You're absolutely right. However, I was blunt about my opinion, but not particularly rude. Let's be honest here, if I had that tone and I was on the majority's side, no one would be complaining. I've seen it happen. A lot.

And the opposite has happened too, so?
As an aside, considering that you can be blunt to the point of rudeness (to the point where you couldn't get away with it in real life blunt), this is pretty funny coming from you. Practice, preach, etc?

Yeah no. I'm an asshole, I can do that because I'm not staff. People don't look to me in situations like this, and most simply don't give a shit, because a lot of the time my demeanor is a direct result of people I'm friendly with, and they won't give a damn how I say what I say, because they're smart enough to know I mean no offense.

To be fair, I closed it and said 'Hey, nobody is in trouble, we just want to make things more concrete', and then Mako also posted 'No fuck that everyone is in trouble this name change shit has gotten out of hand.'

Except it seemed fairly obvious both Mako AND Yopy were joking, and when I spoke to Mako on msn later that day he didn't make a big deal about the issue at all, in fact I was the one who did.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Like they said, Mr. Worf, you don't need to play the victim and just relent to the fact that frankly, sometimes you must man up and face the music. Elsewise, it will just incite more and more out of us to feel that you are infact... incompetent and lazy.

What do you want from me? Like I said, I have already acceded the point. I disagree with it, and I played the 'smallest violin in the world' card because my opinion was being completely missed by some people.

I already acceded the point. Do you guys want me to send you money or something? I gave up the battle several posts ago! Now you want to shoot me because of how I worded it?

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
Why do we have to make a new one? Why can't we just reopen the original one in the first place? What if MOG closes the new one too?

I also don't think we should bring up other forums too. This is just our forum. We should do what we feel comfortable on doing. I thought what we had going was pretty good. Nobody changed their names every week. Probably every two weeks but I didn't see anything more than that. People who are saying that they saw people change names every 3 days is stretching it a bit. Not everybody did that, one person probably did it, and the only time I ever saw a whole lot of people do it was when a truth or dare game was going on and Aaron was staff.

The whole thing just sounds to me as if, since Aaron wasn't on staff anymore, people just cba with the name changing thread and now they don't wanna deal with it anymore. Course you guys say differently, but it seems that way. I just hope you guys get a structured set of rules regarding this for future use. I say just use what we had before, including using old thread. It was fine before, and it'll be fine afterwards.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I said that I'm against it, and I also said that I wouldn't resist it, either. I'm not restricting anything. I'm sorry, saying what I feel when it's not what everyone else wants means I'm not a team player. I was wrong. Cast me into the pit of fire.
I don't think you interpreted me correctly. The fact that you think your slight inconvenience of having to read the aka field for five seconds to figure out who someone is is significant enough to raise a complaint about having to do so publicly is what I was commenting about. It doesn't really matter how hard you argue for it - and since you know you're completely outnumbered on this issue, there really isn't a god damn thing you could do about it, so it isn't much of a point in your favour that you're not trying to filibuster the issue.

With all due respect (TO EVERYONE), I think the conditions have to be more concrete than that, just for the sake of being organized and fair to everyone. Can we draft up some numbered, solid rules in accordance to this?
Conditions already were agreed upon earlier in the thread, which makes me wonder if you even read it. That said, there's absolutely no reason it's even worth worrying about it. If a staff member doesn't feel a member has asked for enough name changes, a name change should be given. That's all that needs to be done.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Your opinion is being singled out because you've CONTINUALLY injected it into the conversation and made a big deal about it, which in turn caused everyone else to.

And the opposite has happened too, so?

I dunno. It's sort of stupid.

Yeah no. I'm an asshole, I can do that because I'm not staff. People don't look to me in situations like this, and most simply don't give a shit, because a lot of the time my demeanor is a direct result of people I'm friendly with, and they won't give a damn how I say what I say, because they're smart enough to know I mean no offense.

You're right. However, I do not think I was being an asshole in this point.

Except it seemed fairly obvious both Mako AND Yopy were joking, and when I spoke to Mako on msn later that day he didn't make a big deal about the issue at all, in fact I was the one who did.

I supposed I completely missed the point. But why didn't Mako or Cthulhu open it back up? In a way, they condoned it!

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
What do you want from me? Like I said, I have already acceded the point. I disagree with it, and I played the 'smallest violin in the world' card because my opinion was being completely missed by some people.

I already acceded the point. Do you guys want me to send you money or something? I gave up the battle several posts ago! Now you want to shoot me because of how I worded it?

No, Mr. Worf. we just ask that you don't be lazy and actually do something of importance. The other staff has done, we have yet to see any from you. : (

We don't need cash. And giving up only means that you're prone to weakness and take weak directions, you must improve or else we will see nothing than incompetence.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Because Mako agreed there should be stipulations on name changes, but not that they should be stopped entirely. Which I agreed with too.

Also, he works a lot, and he doesn't always get the chance to do this dance as often as we do.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this has been blown out of proportion and it can be rectified very easily.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
No I actually closed it so we could construct some concrete rules and draft up some stuff that's fair to anyone.
Because that's so obvious from your closing post. Not to mention that didn't get done until I made a thread complaining about the lack of name changes.

If anything, Mako was far more pissed than I was.
As Dacon already pointed out, no he wasn't.

Unfortunately, that never went though, but c'est la vie.
Which proves staff need to get off their asses and stop being so damn lazy.

Are you going to try to crucify me for this, Aaron? I'm sorry I don't meet your posting standards. I already acceded the point like several posts ago.
You conceded that name changes would be allowed regardless of what you said. You haven't come even close to conceding how shitty your attitude about this has been.

Oh cool, I stand corrected, one forum vs. the dozens if not hundred I've been to. Which is related to this one, no less. Good example, really!
Your condescension and sarcasm are unnecessary, especially given that TLS staff have repeatedly gone out of their way to point out that this isn't ACF.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I don't think you interpreted me correctly. The fact that you think your slight inconvenience of having to read the aka field for five seconds to figure out who someone is is significant enough to raise a complaint about having to do so publicly is what I was commenting about. It doesn't really matter how hard you argue for it - and since you know you're completely outnumbered on this issue, there really isn't a god damn thing you could do about it, so it isn't much of a point in your favour that you're not trying to filibuster the issue.

What does this have to do with anything? I don't even care about it that much!

Conditions already were agreed upon earlier in the thread, which makes me wonder if you even read it. That said, there's absolutely no reason it's even worth worrying about it. If a staff member doesn't feel a member has asked for enough name changes, a name change should be given. That's all that needs to be done.

I disagree, I think there should be concrete rules (as in, ToS styled) towards it drafted up. However, you guys can handle it however you want to!

What if MOG closes the new one too?

oh my god

I have said about half a dozen times now that I will not in any way shape or form resist the opinion settled here!

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I think we all just need to step back from this for a moment and drink a cup of tea, then come back to this thread once we have some rules that people can agree to.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
To be honest, if changing names is really such a big fucking deal, just put me back on staff and I'll do every single freaking one of them.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
No, Mr. Worf. we just ask that you don't be lazy and actually do something of importance. The other staff has done, we have yet to see any from you. : (

We don't need cash. And giving up only means that you're prone to weakness and take weak directions, you must improve or else we will see nothing than incompetence.

I shall build a shining monolith honoring TLS that will pierce the sky itself.

Because that's so obvious from your closing post. Not to mention that didn't get done until I made a thread complaining about the lack of name changes.

Conceded.

Which proves staff need to get off their asses and stop being so damn lazy.

Perhaps.

Your condescension and sarcasm are unnecessary, especially given that TLS staff have repeatedly gone out of their way to point out that this isn't ACF.

You haven't come even close to conceding how shitty your attitude about this has been.

I honestly do not care what you think regarding this matter. Take that as you will.

To be honest, if changing names is really such a big fucking deal, just put me back on staff and I'll do every single freaking one of them.

No that's okay.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
imho 1 name change every 2 weeks aka field filled in of most well known or recent names, problem solved stop fucking bitching at each other.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
What does this have to do with anything? I don't even care about it that much!
Well shit, you could've fooled me, as well as everyone else I'm talking to on MSN. If that's really the case, perhaps you should rethink your manner of expressing yourself on these boards.

I disagree, I think there should be concrete rules (as in, ToS styled) towards it drafted up. However, you guys can handle it however you want to!
Because name changing is such a horribly intrusive task that we need to make a terms of service out of it. Uh-huh.

I honestly do not care what you think regarding this matter. Take that as you will.
BAWWWWW SOMEONE CALLED MY ATTITUDE SHITTY AFTER I SNARKED AT HIM SO I'M GOING TO IGNORE EVERYTHING HE SAYS.

Grow the fuck up. I respond in kind. Your attitude was shit, so you're getting a short-tempered response from me. If you want me to treat you like an adult, start behaving like an adult. That's all.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
imho 1 name change every 2 weeks aka field filled in of most well known or recent names, problem solved stop fucking bitching at each other.

See, my idea seems to be common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom