New Square-Enix MMO this year

ForceStealer

Double Growth
...ugh, why?

Also note that that would have been my response even if FFXIV had been fantastic. So it's just made doubly true.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
ITT: Company in financial trouble embarks on incredibly risky new venture in a genre that is notoriously difficult to break into and even more notoriously expensive to develop and maintain.

The think tank has outdone itself on this one.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
1253886001_office-no.gif

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Square, just fucking kill yourself. Get it over with. You're wasting time.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I do believe that's what they're doing.

They need to do it faster then. It's like they haven't learned jack from their dance with failure. Wada needs to either resign or just sell the damn company, because it's just doomed at this point. Doomed. Doomed. Dooooomed.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Bit of a rant here. Just warning you in advance.

Shit. I'm dissapointed here. I still have some hope that Square will fix itself. I'm kind of an optimist so I never quite lose all hope. But this news has brought me about as close as I am capable of getting to true hopelessness where game companies are concerned. I mean god, haven't these people learned anything at all from FFXIV? Seriously, why not dedicate the time and resources to making a good single player game like they used to make? Or hell, if they really don't want to do that make a movie. That would be better than another MMO. Hell if we're being honest ACC is probably the best thing square has given as storywise in the last few years.

Given FFXIII's nature maybe doing a movie or two would be good, get all the hyper-detailed cut-scene madness out of their system that way so they can focus on good story-telling nstead of more MMO crap.

Seriously square, FFXI was decent at best, and FFXIV almost single-handedly redefined what it meant to be a bad MMO. Face it, MMO's are not your strong suit. Never have been and never will be. More importantly, we the fans don't want a new MMO. Truth is most of us never wanted a first one. We don't come to you for that. We come to you for stories and characters that have meaning and depth. Not so long ago you were good at that. Give that back. If you gotta throw Wada out, by all means.

Because I'll wager that Wada is a big part of the problem. If he left tommorow we would see improvement in company policies in the week. In the year our faith in Squares ability to make good games might even be fully restored. Even if thats not the case, getting rid of Wada couldn't hurt.

Maybe take a break from FF for awhile? Focus on trying some new stand-alone games. Don't worry so much about the graphics. Focus on good design and story-telling instead. Give us somethign fresh.

I want to see you recover square, I really do. I think you still have the potential to regain your old glory. But you need to stop dicking around for awhile and actually focus. We fans have limited patience, and many of us just aren't willing to wait much longer. So don't waist anymore time, just fix yourself.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
Bit of a rant here. Just warning you in advance.

Shit. I'm dissapointed here. I still have some hope that Square will fix itself. I'm kind of an optimist so I never quite lose all hope. But this news has brought me about as close as I am capable of getting to true hopelessness where game companies are concerned. I mean god, haven't these people learned anything at all from FFXIV? Seriously, why not dedicate the time and resources to making a good single player game like they used to make? Or hell, if they really don't want to do that make a movie. That would be better than another MMO. Hell if we're being honest ACC is probably the best thing square has given as storywise in the last few years.

Given FFXIII's nature maybe doing a movie or two would be good, get all the hyper-detailed cut-scene madness out of their system that way so they can focus on good story-telling nstead of more MMO crap.

Seriously square, FFXI was decent at best, and FFXIV almost single-handedly redefined what it meant to be a bad MMO. Face it, MMO's are not your strong suit. Never have been and never will be. More importantly, we the fans don't want a new MMO. Truth is most of us never wanted a first one. We don't come to you for that. We come to you for stories and characters that have meaning and depth. Not so long ago you were good at that. Give that back. If you gotta throw Wada out, by all means.

Because I'll wager that Wada is a big part of the problem. If he left tommorow we would see improvement in company policies in the week. In the year our faith in Squares ability to make good games might even be fully restored. Even if thats not the case, getting rid of Wada couldn't hurt.

Maybe take a break from FF for awhile? Focus on trying some new stand-alone games. Don't worry so much about the graphics. Focus on good design and story-telling instead. Give us somethign fresh.

I want to see you recover square, I really do. I think you still have the potential to regain your old glory. But you need to stop dicking around for awhile and actually focus. We fans have limited patience, and many of us just aren't willing to wait much longer. So don't waist anymore time, just fix yourself.

This is a general problem with Videogame Industry in general. You see, these days the industry is just business, NOT gaming, and the people in charge of large companies like S-E usually aren't really on touch with the gamer community. They DON'T know what we want, and there's a point where they have to try to keep the money circulating because their projects now involve just too much money. It's like a vicious circle.

...Things like this just prove once again that Videogame Industry is entering an awful era. In this particular case it's obvious that some dickheads with suits said "oh, MMOs produce a lot of money and everybody likes them, that's good, yeah that's good :awesome:" and here we are.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
This is a general problem with Videogame Industry in general. You see, these days the industry is just business, NOT gaming, and the people in charge of large companies like S-E usually aren't really on touch with the gamer community. They DON'T know what we want, and there's a point where they have to try to keep the money circulating because their projects now involve just too much money. It's like a vicious circle.

...Things like this just prove once again that Videogame Industry is entering an awful era. In this particular case it's obvious that some dickheads with suits said "oh, MMOs produce a lot of money and everybody likes them, that's good, yeah that's good :awesome:" and here we are.

I think its more just a problem with JRPG companies. Because these days we're still getting damn good games over here. LA Noire, Red Dead Rdemption, the Mass Effect series, the Dragon Age series. But yeah, there is a problem in the gaming industry.

I always think its funny in a sad way when game companies stop paying attention to the fan base. I can just see it.

Game Companies:Who cares what the fans want? Its not like they're the people who pay us, we don't need to keep them happy.

People with brains:Dude, you need to stop taking whatever it is your on.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Hell if we're being honest ACC is probably the best thing square has given as storywise in the last few years.
gtfo troll

Top Bottom