• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Now just the official "Fuck Konami in general" thread #fuckonami

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Kojima Productions is dead, long live Kojima Productions :monster:

PZUhgAF.jpg

Ghost X

Logos should be simple. That's arguably on the complex end of the scale :P. The next question would be why he has decided to go with that particular image. Anyways, always excited about good Kojima news.

Ghost X

This is new studio's logo. Looks like a medieval knight and also a space suit. It expresses the vision of "aiming the new world with the latest technology and pioneering spirit".

Sooo... medieval knight fits in to this vision how? :P. I think there is more to it than this.

I like this too :P.

And this.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I've only been vaguely following all this business with Konami and Kojima. But man, what a mess. Konami are being a bunch of dicks about the hole thing. :closedmonster:

And that makes me kind of sad because nostalgic childhood Contra feels :sadpanda:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Well, this just made my whole damn day. I REALLY hope that we get to see a collaboration happen with him, GDT, & Norman Reedus again. Also, with the confirmation that the game is gonna hit PC as well as PS4, I think that a P.T. off-shoot would be an awesome move to get them all of the trajectory that they could ever dream of for a first game.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Ya know... the more I think about this, the more I'm pretty sure that Kojima was in a really shitty place with Konami (like we've heard rumor of), and the sudden viral success of the P.T. Demo was his bargaining chip as a way to un-fuck himself from the situation he was in.

Konami, reacted as a big corporation does by attempting to stamp it all out as hard as possible -- resulting in only exacerbating everyone's awareness of the situation because of the lack of transparency, and then the resulting negative backlash when the demo got pulled and everything went totally dark. Again -- Kojima being as well versed as he is, I don't think that he didn't know this would happen, and was probably counting on it.

He had to stick around to finish out MGSV - again with Konami fucking around with things, and once that was done, them putting him on his extended "vacation" that no one believed. The whole silence did nothing but exacerbate ire for Konami and more love for Kojima.

Then, PlayStation picks him up, and does the most open-company thing ever by making a video about it in Japanese with subtitles and puts it online.

I think that if there's any company that really understands what the viral success of the P.T. Demo was and the value of Hideo Kojima is, it's PlayStation. I'd be stunned if they aren't working to make a spiritual successor to what they'd been building with "Silent Hills". Specifically, because of what went down when, not to mention that there's no way that Kojima doesn't know every single legal line he can and can't cross if he were putting that together. Pairing that with apparently being a PS4 exclusive with a later PC release. I don't see how you can do any wrong at this point.

Also, I'm way happy that the other trapped Japanese developers know that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel to getting out from the oppressive corporate bullshit.

His official site looks to be up: http://www.kojimaproductions.jp/sp/

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I don't really like all the third party console exclusives that have become the norm these days, but Kojima has an open mind so here's hoping it's just a Silent Hills doppelganger

That aside, I'm so, so super glad he's left Konami for good.

Ghost X

Not sure if it was included in those links, but I've read Kojima is also interested / open to the idea of working with GDT again.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Hideo Kojima's Mission Unlocked -- a feature from The New Yorker

Especially enjoyed these comments:

"The only way to create high-end games is to target the global market. But in order to target the global market, the management behind the project needs to have a keen sense for what will work, and be willing to take risks.”

"If you’re only focused on the profits immediately in front of you, the times will leave you behind. It becomes impossible to catch up again.”

"When working in big companies, especially Japanese companies, every little thing has to be approved beforehand, and you need paperwork to do anything. Now that I’m independent, I can do what I want with much more speed. I don’t need to invest time in unnecessary presentations. I shoulder the risk.”

I wonder who he's talking about. :awesome:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'm actually somewhat curious who Kojima's Hollywood friend is... and why he turned him away from exploring a deserted island?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'd bet that given recent events it's Guillermo Del Toro, and he's also had his big ups and downs with his own industry, but keeping to it and sticking to his guns is what's kept him going and getting to the projects he cares about. I think it's solid advice to just push through.

Top Bottom