Now just the official "Fuck Konami in general" thread #fuckonami

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Looking forward to this: https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/694904861423325184

The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences is pleased to announce world-renowned game creator and auteur Hideo Kojima will join film director, screenwriter, producer and novelist Guillermo del Toro to present the Thursday afternoon Keynote Address at the 2016 D.I.C.E. Summit (#DICE2016) conference, taking place Feb. 16-18, 2016, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.

In a session titled “A Conversation with Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro,” these master storytellers will offer insight into their creative vision and the driving forces behind their artistic pursuits. Moderated by longtime video game host and producer Geoff Keighley, this conversation will revisit some of their fondest memories from their own individual careers as well as some of the pivotal moments from each other’s work that remain a constant source of inspiration.

Extra pleased that Geoff Keighley is doing it, since he had the balls to call out Konami for their shit live during the VGAs.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
This is by far my favourite thread of rollercoastered emotions and madness next to the FFVII Remake one. I really can't hope strongly enough that it actually comes full circle.

X :neo:

Lex

Administrator
So I've actually been watching a shitload of Jimquisition recently (I went on a random YouTube binge) and now I can't remember why I used to dislike Jim Sterling (it was less an outlike dislike and more an unwillingness to watch any of his videos). Aside from occasional awkwardness, I agree with almost everything he says, and I've got a supreme amount of respect for how forward he is with his opinions on the industry. I think I was inspired to watch his videos from his "Square-Enix are carving their games to bits" video, and his publisher/ dev insights are just so fascinating.

One good thing that's come out of this binge is I've had a real education of the whole Konami situation. And wow, truly #Fuckonami XD. I've come a long way from that one statement I made a while ago that's floating around in someone's sig :monster:

Now, I know Gabe shared one of his vids a little while ago in this thread (

Jim's going in hard.
) but he's made a few more since that are just as insightful.

This was the first one which I'm sure was posted earlier again in the thread and that most people have seen:

and then there was this one:

and in a lot of his videos he's had a "fuckonami news" segment which is fairly hilarious.

Vito

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Not having a PS4 to download this in time will be one of my biggest gaming regrets ever.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
3073838-ludens2_refix2_postertrim_s.jpg

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
So, I know this is the fuck konami thread but I feel like a title change is in order, just because every time I see this thread updated my heart leaps thinking that Silent Hills has been ressurected and then my hopes are dashed again and again.

So how about the Kojima Productions thread? Or should we just abandon this one entirely and start fresh?

Top Bottom