• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

You know what I find ironic?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well tastes, and interests change and the fact is, is that FFVII has a fanbase that has been around for 10 years since the original game.

It'd be rather unrealistic to think that their tastes and interests would remain the same. A lot of things have happened since FFVII and not everyone's gonna be a diehard fan who would like the games and additional stories that have been made today.

Username

Banned
Which is why a remake would really stir things up, the majority of people would buy for sure if made correctly.

I would of definatly preferred advent children...then remake of ff7, instead of all the other stuff. Its hard from my point of view as i do not know wtf has happned inbetween and stuff, but is all of that extra information relevant? would it of been better without that stuff mentioned?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It really depends on if you want more FFVII or not. That'd really determine if it'd have been better without the other Compilation stuff.

Clearly, those who think FFVII should've been ended and stayed ended will think...Nay. :monster:

I mean, that's clearly a subjective answer. I think they've all been good and the added information makes the story more interesting and entertaining. I don't regret any Compilation title. I may like more than others but like any other franchise, it has its good points and bad points. It's installments that are stronger than others. Just...yeah.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Jeeez, Mako, tell us something we don't know. :monster:

@V - It's difficult to simply ignore a continuation of your favourite game. Yes, in your own little world you could pretend FFVII ended there and then, but as a fan of the series you're still compelled to see what happens to those characters.

I don't think the Comp was unnecessary. I did enjoy FFVII's ambiguous ending, but it's a popular franchise and there was still potential there.

Remake? Not sure. I might change my mind when they started releasing scans and such, but it'd be like Konami remaking Metal Gear 2 in glorious HD but completely butchered by the retcons of MGS4. Cloud's dorkiness will be whitewashed, and he'll be emoing it up every five seconds. Red XIII won't talk until the end sequence. And they'll be a ton of references to the guys from the Comp that no one cares about.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I personally cared little / haven't played any of the Compilation titles besides FFVII itself and AC, and I'm personally quite content with that. AC was and is still the prime example of the possibilities of CG movies, and re-established SE as the creators of the best CGI - with Blizzard coming very close as second (since Warcraft 3). In that respect, AC was a very important movie, even if the story's confusing and probably stirred up loads of arguments.

I'd also like to play CC someday, it seems to be the best title in the Compilation besides AC, if not important to the entire story (although it seems to add a lot, too).

Username

Banned
That's the thing i wanna know from u ppl.

would u have preffered each additional part of the compilation to be realeased for the playstation (not psp), and not every other console, because thats prob the main reason i myself didnt buy the products, and the fact i dunno about the "whole" FF7 story kinda irritates me.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Multi-platform releases are the way to go nowadays. I don't particularly like each title having been released for separate platforms, but it does give SE a title in each potential market. With that in mind, I also think this was a bit of an experiment - which platform sells good, which one not so much.

Also, I'm sure there's a few handsful of people that have bought a PSP or whatnot just to be able to play a specific compilation title.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
Ever notice all the FF's have an army usually chasing after them.

That's nothing. In Final Fantasy Tactics, you have literally dozens of armies chasing after you.

The Corpse Brigade is rebelling in the lengthy flashback sequence.

Thieves are always ready to hit you up for some Gil.

You were already against Goltanna.

Then some asshole declares you a heretic, making you an enemy to the church & damn near everyone else on the planet because, unlike Yevon, Glabados was actually effective with that.

Then it turns out that Larg was planning to execute the princess, so you betray him, meaning HE'S against you now.

Then, somewhere along the line, you get involved with some random douche who has his own agenda. His army is thrown out of the picture, however, when he gets thrown off of a roof.

And this isn't even including the band of demons manipulating world events.

On topic: As much as I'd like a remake, I'd actually prefer more Compilation. I'm sorry, but I'd just hate to see everything Crisis Core & Dirge were building up to suddenly abandoned because it was "too tedious."

Last edited:

muchmoxie

slow down, you crazy child
AKA
kimmyowns, Oxydox
I would love to have a remake, but I don't find it as neccesary as a FFVI remake.

Top Bottom