• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

NewFull Metal Alchemist Anime

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The first ep was just released, and from the intro alone a heavier focus on the plot of the manga is much more apparent.

This is going to be fucking awesome

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I didn't realise this has started until someone showed me the opening, but I was planning on getting the first episode tonight.

Kind of anxious to see what the new VAs are like, since a lot of them have been changed. I liked the old ones, but I'll reserve judgement on the new ones until I actually watch it.

Need to catch up on the manga as well :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I watched it on TV yesterday. It definitely got a higher budget, and the original already had a pretty big one.

But, I must admit, when I heard there was going to be a new season, I thought the story was going to continue. I thought that would be sweet. Sticking to the manga is all well and good, but I didn't really need a remake of the series, I thought it was pretty good anyway.

That said, the episode was pretty sweet (what little I could understand of it, but it looked cool too, lol) and it certainly was unrecognizable from the first episode of the original anime. It was following a rogue alchemist with an ice-specialty. Which, while cool, I thought wouldn't really be an advanced alchemy technique, since he's not actually altering any molecular structure, just freezing stuff.
But then of course, he upped the ante a bit by freezing his own blood into weapons

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So is this anime gonna follow the manga continuity and plot or is it again...something totally different? I'm confused.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I dunno, I've only read a few of the manga in the middle of the series, for as little sense as that makes.

But does the manga start with the military (including Ed and Al) chasing an alchemist who specializes in ice
And is ultimately finished off easily by the Fuhrer
? Because that's how it started.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Very much NOT that :monster:

Plus they kinda ended it before. How can they make a new season?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
What do you mean? Its like a reboot of the series, I guess. As I said I was originally excited for a continuation of the story. Which would be difficult with the way the movie ended I know but that's why I was so intrigued. Besides, I hated the way that movie ended, it made no sense.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I've not yet seen the movie, but I have seen every episode of the original series. I'm wondering how it's possible for them to continue the series, given its "ending".

Focusing more on the manga plot is all good and everything, but it's kinda hard to do that without the two main characters :monster:

Ed: Then again, I've not read the manga in aaaaaaages. Over a year now, actually.
Last I recall, we'd just gotten a new Greed, after Gluttony ate Ed and...what's-his-face

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
No, that's not how it starts, hence my confusion. :monster:

It was just an introduction episode. Father actually cameoed in it.

I'm glad they're going to continue with the manga's plot, the original anime went to shit with it's batshit crap about going to fucking world war 2 germany.

Hell the art style is even closer to Arakawa's.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Tbh im gonna give it a miss, i liked the old series and cant really be arsed watching rendition of the pre-existing plot.
Ep was good mind you but i think a continuation after the film would have been better.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It's not a "rendition of the pre-existing plot" it's the story of the manga being animated like it originally should have.

Continuing the clusterfuck from the first anime would have been a fucking disaster imo. The main reason they're doing this is because the manga's story was so much more popular with a lot of people, and has much fewer plot wholes and weak narrative threads.

Sure, there's probably gonna be somethings changed this time around, which is apparent in this episode, but as long as the stronger story arc stays intact, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
So it's basically got nothing to do with the original series, then? Or, at least, is not set within the same storyline as the original (which, if memory serves, diverted from the manga very great deal around the time of Greed and the Demon's Nest bit)?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The first anime started to swerve from the manga's plot pretty damn early man.

But hopefully this one can recreate so many of the badass scenes from the manga.

I won't say the first anime didn't have it's moments, and it can be entertaining. But the manga for me is just so much better. I've been wanting to see the events of the manga animated so badly, that I'm giddy at the prospect of this one recreating them in animated form.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Well, yeah, but it went waaaaaay off course at that time.

I'm assuming, then, that my original assumption is correct? Not the same "world"?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Just pretend the original FMA anime was a fan fiction and now you're finally seeing the real anime which is in line with the original creator's vision and story :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'm assuming, then, that my original assumption is correct? Not the same "world"?

Yeah.

I won't bitch anymore about the original anime from now on, I'm just going to hope for the best this time around :monster:

This one's supposed to have 50 episodes, so I'm assuming this is just going to be the first season. I can't see the manga's story being told in only 50 episodes.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
It's not a "rendition of the pre-existing plot" it's the story of the manga being animated like it originally should have.

Continuing the clusterfuck from the first anime would have been a fucking disaster imo. The main reason they're doing this is because the manga's story was so much more popular with a lot of people, and has much fewer plot wholes and weak narrative threads.

Sure, there's probably gonna be somethings changed this time around, which is apparent in this episode, but as long as the stronger story arc stays intact, I'll be happy.
I never read the manga so that's prob why im indifferent.
FMA was probably one out of 3 anime's i enjoy more with the english dub also so that might also affect it.
I am glad however they kept the humour with armstrong etc :)

All in all though i think the movie was a good finisher to the last series.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
I tried watching it and it was ok, but I REALLY hate the japanese voices for FMA. To me, none of the voices seem to match the characters and I just cant stand watching it that way. The dub is a thousand times better.

So far though, the first ep of the original series was better. This wasnt bad, but they used the short joke way too many times in a short frame of time.

But Ive read up to manga 21 or 23, I cant remember, but this wasnt in it, but I think it's just an introductory episode kinda like what the first one did, but the first one was better.

The thing is, the first series deviated alot since they caught up with the manga halfway through. But I loved the ending of the first series, unlike alot of people. But I just think alot of people are picky or do it to be cool.

I dont like the opening as much as the other ones either though, and it's going to be tough to top some of the L'arc songs (especially since the movie's songs were from Awake, their best album IMO)

Top Bottom