• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hajimemashita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
How are you? I am fine! A big FFVII/Cloud Fan...since I was 11, now 22 lmao. It really doesn't seem so long does it? Anyways Hello! Nice to meet you all. Used to post on the old school forums. Anyways....Long live FFVII.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Welcome to the forums! ^^

Were you by any chance a member of the now dead AC.net forums? Your username seems familiar...

Welcome! You're almost the same age as me. XP Makes me feel old when I realize I'm a few months older than the entire FF series.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Actually yes I was a old member, "Cloud's Soul" was my username, but I've been more accustom with "Kuraudo" so I decided to change my name.

I'll be 23 in January, but yeah I've been on many FF forums, and I must say I liked AC website but, with this website called "Life Stream" it seems more fitting for a FFVII name than just a movie.

I do web work myself and such, but I am impressed with the layout for the front page. I specialize in CSS, XHTML, PHP.

Working with XML and some flash, but rarely.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The layout was done by Ravynne (where is she anyways?), but was initially inspired by an ACF design for some newsletter. Ravynne made it into its current form (with help from Pixel if I'm right), and I converted it into proper xhtml / css, largely based on the default Wordpress theme. And it's not good enough yet (imo), the sidebar on the left is supposed to extend all the way down, and there isn't a proper differentiation between single posts yet, so when scrolling you can't really see where one article starts and the other ends. If you happen to know how to fixx the first problem (= extending the left sidebar to fill the entire div it's contained in) and/or have a good idea for separating articles properly without looking horrid, do let me know :monster:.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=49.msg409#msg409 date=1228254173]
The layout was done by Ravynne (where is she anyways?), but was initially inspired by an ACF design for some newsletter. Ravynne made it into its current form (with help from Pixel if I'm right), and I converted it into proper xhtml / css, largely based on the default Wordpress theme. And it's not good enough yet (imo), the sidebar on the left is supposed to extend all the way down, and there isn't a proper differentiation between single posts yet, so when scrolling you can't really see where one article starts and the other ends. If you happen to know how to fixx the first problem (= extending the left sidebar to fill the entire div it's contained in) and/or have a good idea for separating articles properly without looking horrid, do let me know :monster:.
[/quote]

Word press doesn't have special codes correct? Just plain CSS and XHTML? If anything will have to extend a bit with CSS, I'll look into it. I want to say I know the code off the tip of my tongue, but I'll look at the CSS and XHTML, and see if I can find an answer.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=Kuraudo link=topic=49.msg419#msg419 date=1228255675]
Word press doesn't have special codes correct? Just plain CSS and XHTML? If anything will have to extend a bit with CSS, I'll look into it. I want to say I know the code off the tip of my tongue, but I'll look at the CSS and XHTML, and see if I can find an answer.
[/quote]

Neat-o, do you need access to the actual code or can you manage with a saved version of the frontpage?

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
I use dreamweaver lol. But I think I will attempt to use Firefox to see if I can do anything, if not you can email my email with the CSS...to be honest its just the CSS, just has to be off set with a code. What is going to happen is we are going to off set the graphic image you use for that, to repeat, X or Y...I forget which one is the vertical one...but its going to be set to Repeat itself, continuously. With that, its very simple, I just got to remember lmao.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It is repeating itself and whatnot, CSS just doesn't support vertical fill out of the box, :monster:. See also this article on the matter, the solution used therein doesn't seem to work though (or I'm doing it wrong, :monster: )

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Hmmm, I might need to see the CSS code...Firefox isn't as sneaky as you would think. But your box is at 100% Repeat Y yes?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=Kuraudo link=topic=49.msg505#msg505 date=1228325030]
Hmmm, I might need to see the CSS code...Firefox isn't as sneaky as you would think.  But your box is at 100% Repeat Y yes?

[/quote]

Yus, vrly. As for CSS, see here. The main divs that should be isolated for this problem are the #page thingy (which contains the entire page, sidebar + main content (and I think footer as well), the #sidebarbg div, which is basically supposed to be the filler that should fill all the way down to the bottom (and I think that repeat-y is default, it seems to do that (repeat itself) without explicitly defining it - but I could be wrong), the #sidebar div, which contains both the sidebar data (= menu items) and the background image (now that I mention it, that seems pretty odd. Let's just say that the #sidebar div is contained inside #sidebarbg).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom