New Famitsu Scans - Shantotto, Ex-Modes, Alternate Costumes, Dialogue, and more

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
I was going to post this straight to the top page but there is so much information that I just felt a little overwhelmed. So instead, I'll post links to the images here first and will take a bit of time writing up a really good article. :duhard:

For us FFVII fans is the proof the Square-Enix reads fanboy diaries by giving them Advent Children Cloud and that they read fangirl diaries with the inclusion of not just shirtless, not just one-winged, but One-Winged Shirtless Sephiroth.

And man, look at all that dialogue... long translating night ahead

Isabella

Your Mom
Er, wow, too much to take in.
Damn, I'm gonna end up buying this game after all, knowing me. Any word on NA release yet?

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Nice, I was hoping they would have like "Classic" costumes, these are modify (the default) so maybe there will be more? Wow sooooo awesome, I can't wait.

Oh apparently...the 22nd person in this game...is the boss from FFXIII Versus. Or so the rumor is going around on that.

SOLDIERis1337

Pro Adventurer
Re: New Famitsu Scans - Shantotto, Ex-Modes, Alternate Costumes, Dialogue, and m

I was kind of hoping Zack would be Cloud's alternate costume, but the AC outfit and the first tsurugi are a nice choice as well.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
[quote author=Schala-Kitty link=topic=56.msg460#msg460 date=1228280278]
I was going to post this straight to the top page but there is so much information that I just felt a little overwhelmed. So instead, I'll post links to the images here first and will take a bit of time writing up a really good article.  :duhard:

For us FFVII fans is the proof the Square-Enix reads fanboy diaries by giving them Advent Children Cloud and that they read fangirl diaries with the inclusion of not just shirtless, not just one-winged, but One-Winged Shirtless Sephiroth.

And man, look at all  that dialogue... long translating night ahead
[/quote]

Do you know how to use the Gallery function on the main page? It makes uploading images >9000 times easier. It's the little box above the text that says "Add Media:" It allows you to host all the images on TLS.net, and then you just add [gallery] to display them on the news post. (I merged your private news post with the recent one by D&D HERE, so that you can update any needed factual / translation-related info as needed)

Also - Does Cloud's AC Sword change between the single sword, and the combo-sword in his Alt costume depending on if he's in his EX-Mode? I believe that means that Sephiroth's EX-Mode unfurls his wing, while his Alt costume is only the FFVII Shirtless Final Boss form. (I still can't get over how ridiculously long Seph's Masamune is xD)

X :neo:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I'm hopefully not stepping on any toes by doing the dialogue :monster: I haven't really done anything like this in a while, so I was feeling nostaglic for translating odd lines out of context :monster:

Shantotto: "Right, the future is something one has to seize by force!"

Terra: "I want to go help them, but when I think what might happen if I lose control of my power again..."

Cecil: "... My brother is powerful."

Emperor: "Due to your little disturbance, that 'Bartz' has escaped."

Bartz: "Filled with really tough-looking guys. And anyway, just look at it!"

Squall: "That even if we're apart, we're still fighting together!"
This is the second part of a line, so if it seems a little odd that's why.

Zidane: "You're showing off too much, Squall! "

Sephiroth: "Fighting me won't get you the Crystal."

Warrior of Light: "Have you finished talking?"
To Ultimecia.

Frioniel: "Mine isn't something so noble. Just a sort of vague, childish dream."
To Cosmos, when asked his reason for fighting.

Frioniel: "... I see. Like father, like son."
To Tidus, after Frioniel fought Jecht.

Other stuff I've picked up:
- there's a replay function, where it saves data of your fight and you can edit it (move the camera around, etc.) and export it as an avi file.
- when using the online lobby, you have a chance of getting items called 'Artifacts'. These are weapons, etc. with you can rename, and doing so gives them special added effects ("Item Drop Rate +1", etc.)

I've not read the interview, but on FF7ACReunion I saw something about FFXII, where someone said "you'll have to wait and see". FFXIII, on the other hand, they apparently didn't get permission to use it, because putting it in Dissidia first would mean it might end up having to settle on the image of what the abilities and attacks and so on would be like? So FFXII, seems likely. FFXIII, not so much?

Also:
- In the Help section, characters from the past games explain things to you, in the same manner of speech that they used in their original games.

Re: New Famitsu Scans - Shantotto, Ex-Modes, Alternate Costumes, Dialogue, and m

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=56.msg487#msg487 date=1228310479]
- there's a replay function, where it saves data of your fight and you can edit it (move the camera around, etc.) and export it as an avi file.
[/quote]
That sounds really cool. Also, hooray for shirtless Sephy! *yummy*

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul

[quote author=Balthea link=topic=56.msg492#msg492 date=1228317495]
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=56.msg487#msg487 date=1228310479]
[/quote]
That sounds really cool. Also, hooray for shirtless Sephy! *yummy*
[/quote]
Don't know you well...but I knew a female would respond with that.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

Fucking hell, that sounds awesome. O_o

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
It seems that there's also a new feature in Dissidia, called the "Museum" (visible in the scan with Zidane's and Kuja's EX-modes).

Apparently, it's a mode with character biographies and such. There's also a profile for Ultros.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The Museum lets you look at character profiles (details on events from the original games, character model viewer), check your own play history, change the player icon on your friend card, and watch movies you've seen in the game.

Contents
- Character Files
- Summon Files
- Theatre
- Player Icon
- Record
- Battle Replay

Also, stuff you can buy from the PP Catalogue:

- Chaos Characters
- Another Form (outfits)
- Battle Maps to use in Quick Battles
- Icons for Friend Cards
- Battle Backgroud Music
- Effect boost for the bonus icons displayed on the calender (important, apparently :monster: )

Since you can buy new Quick Battle maps, then perhaps that scan that showed '25' maps doesn't mean that's all there is?

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=56.msg499#msg499 date=1228321339]
The Museum lets you look at character profiles (details on events from the original games, character model viewer), check your own play history, change the player icon on your friend card, and watch movies you've seen in the game.

Contents
- Character Files
- Summon Files
- Theatre
- Player Icon
- Record
- Battle Replay

Also, stuff you can buy from the PP Catalogue:

- Chaos Characters
- Another Form (outfits)
- Battle Maps to use in Quick Battles
- Icons for Friend Cards
- Battle Backgroud Music
- Effect boost for the bonus icons displayed on the calender (important, apparently :monster: )

Since you can buy new Quick Battle maps, then perhaps that scan that showed '25' maps doesn't mean that's all there is?
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification! :)

So that means that Ultros will be a Summon.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Hitoshura I <3 you. I have been wrestling with that dialogue... since characters like Zidane and Bartz just hurt my translating brain.

And thanks X-SOLIDER for the image uploading info. *still a newbie when in comes to WordPress*

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Before I leave to see how little Spanish I can speak, here's some more stuff I do know :monster:

- Shantotto's battle concept is "Level Up Magic"
What magic she uses is propotional to her Brave. To use her well you need to understand the workings of the whole 'Brave' thing, so she's kind of a character aimed at skilled players. She's the only character who can do combos of successive HP attacks, but it's tricky to get them to actually hit the opponent.

- It costs 500PP to unlock a Chaos character.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Hahah, this looks awesome. I also really dig the artwork and character design for this game. It's pretty spot on.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Just posting some more of the highlights from the interview -

Story Mode - "The Chaos side won't have a story mode, but as you play through the Cosmos side, the Chaos side's story will be shown."

On the maps - "There are 12 different maps, but with the gimmicks the number comes to 24. For example, Pandemonium's gimmick version is to have thorns about the map."

On the script - "You can hear famous lines in the script. Each character combination has a special script for when they battle, and the main programmer Ikeda says that he thinks the one between the Emperor and Tidus is the best." (Sr. Director Arakawa also points out that Tidus' nickname for Firion is, humorously, "Wild Rose")

BTW, Hitoshura, mind making sure I'm right about this - "Once you surpass Level 100, it unlocks is a secret mode. Not only a secret mode, but every 2 weeks a secret character appears."

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Whoa...really? Every 2 weeks for how long? Are there just a select secret characters that randomly show up every two weeks. Say, 12 characters that will rotate in and out of the roster every two weeks? Or every two weeks for some certain amount of time characters are added to the roster permanently until there are no more?

Or by 'appears' do they mean shows up as someone you can fight for two weeks and then it's someone else...or any combination of those? lol, sounds crazy.

As for famous lines, I take it they mean famous lines throughout FF? We've already heard Tidus say "That's my story" in the one trailer. Maybe someone will call another a spoony bard ;) (Not that that's a famous line in Japan)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
'Famous lines' as in dialogue, yeah.

They recorded a lot of times, but not all of them were used, but you can listen to these scrapped lines in the sound test mode. I wonder if they'll have these in the English one? The English script will be based on the finished one, mostly likely, so unless they plan on recording lines they aren't really going to use? :monster:

Tidus' story mode also used monologues like FFX.

Other stuff I've seen reading through the interview now:

- Using Sephiroth's final form from FFVII was one idea for his EX-Mode, but the PSP doesn't have enough memory, and they didn't want to compromise by just making him look smaller.

- There's over 300 characters... for your friend card icons, and who give help messages :monster: Even Dwarfs and Kappas (I don't remember which one had Kappas), and ones that'll make you wonder what they're doing in the game :monster:

- With the replay feature, they're thinking about having a contest where people submit their movies.

[quote author=Schala-Kitty link=topic=56.msg523#msg523 date=1228338314]
BTW, Hitoshura, mind making sure I'm right about this - "Once you surpass Level 100, it unlocks is a secret mode. Not only a secret mode, but every 2 weeks a secret character appears."
[/quote]
It's not two weeks, rather 'second cycle' (like a New Game +). ??????????????????

There's something for you to do after you get to lv. 100, a secret mode for you to keep on playing for a long time, something which is related to the blank spaces on the menu.

As well as this secret mode, there's secret character(s?) unlocked on a second cycle. That's another thing that allows people to keep on playing.

Apparently, there's also a reason to leave playing as Chaos-side characters until you've finished the game with all 10 Cosmos characters and see the true ending. You can still unlocked them before that, but raising them using a 'particular mode' makes it more fun.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Wow, not only does this game keep sounding cooler and cooler, but it's sounding more and more like a real game (versus just 20th Anniversary honoring of the franchise it seemed start out as.)

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
????????!

I figured it was something like I had a kanji off or something because that didn't make much sense.

Also the game with the kappas is FFVI. The imp status is actually a kappa.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Im really surprised they fit all this onto one UMD. Sure the UMD has more space than a GC disc. But damn, Im impressed.

SOLDIERis1337

Pro Adventurer

m really surprised they fit all this onto one UMD. Sure the UMD has more space than a GC disc. But damn, Im impressed.

Same here. I thought that Crisis Core took up pretty much an entire UMD, but I've heard that this game has a significantly larger amount of voice acting in it.

I also like how they're giving Cloud's AC costume its own EX mode. You can see in the gameplay scans that he's only wielding the main blade of it, like he did in Dirge, but in the bigger pic he's got the fully assembled weapon.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Anybody knows how unlocking new characters works? I mean, if I play with Bartz for example, I will be able to unlock only Ex-Death, or any other villain?

[quote author=Schala-Kitty link=topic=56.msg523#msg523 date=1228338314]Story Mode - "The Chaos side won't have a story mode, but as you play through the Cosmos side, the Chaos side's story will be shown."[/quote]

So, when playing as the Chaos characters we wont see any new cutscenes or cool FMVs?
I'm disappointed.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
You unlock new/Chaos characters by spending PP (what does that stand for?), 500 a piece. Shantotto is unlocked differently, though.

I'm kind of disappointed that you don't get a Chaos-side story. At least some small scenes of the villains together, showing what they were up to during the game, etc. would have been nice.

Also, looking at the item list for the Artifacts:
- Falcon Sword
- Nameless Sword
- 'Halberd and Shield' (means 'contradiction' in Japanese)
- Drill
- Mog Suit
- Wedding Dress

'Mog Suit' is a reference to FFX-2, and 'Wedding Dress' (though a rename?) probably FFX. FFXII (and maybe others) had a 'Strongest Halberd' and 'Strongest Sheild'. 'Falcon Sword' was an example of a name change (at the top it says 'Dissidia Sword', so maybe that's the original name of this weapon).

Does anyone recognise 'Drill'?

Top Bottom