• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Pride and Dreams - Angeal Hewley's Fanclub

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
For someone that choiced to die, will he come back in the story. imho, the reuion of Friends haven't truily been completed. The problem with Sephiroth, Genesis, and Angeal hasn't been resolved between them.

Any thoughts?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=253.msg7252#msg7252 date=1231637277]For someone that choiced to die, will he come back in the story. imho, the reuion of Friends haven't truily been completed. The problem with Sephiroth, Genesis, and Angeal hasn't been resolved between them.[/quote]

Oh most definitely; but this is only speculation! :) With Jenova, though the Ultimania's may say different, at least her cells, still very much in and around the planet... I would say there's still some room for a spiritual and mundane show-down. For Angeal, it'd have to be spiritual though - unless a clone survived somewhere.

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=253.msg7252#msg7252 date=1231637277]
For someone that choiced to die, will he come back in the story. imho, the reuion of Friends haven't truily been completed. The problem with Sephiroth, Genesis, and Angeal hasn't been resolved between them.

Any thoughts?
[/quote]

My solution: Lock them all in a closet with a bottle of Crisco. That'll solve everything! =D

I get the feeling that if the rumors about them making a follow on game are true then that'll be resolved there. If not then we'll just be left to speculate.

The fact he wanted to be different makes him unique. That and the facial hair. But I typically view the whole Angeal and Genesis relationship with my normal perverted self. It started off as friends, then you can either view it as stayed friends or, like me, yaoi.

Oh and Manti did you know Ringo actually appeared in a Japanese commercial for applesauce?

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=KamuiKeyblade link=topic=253.msg7403#msg7403 date=1231717806]
[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=253.msg7252#msg7252 date=1231637277]

Any thoughts?
[/quote]

My solution: Lock them all in a closet with a bottle of Crisco. That'll solve everything! =D

[/quote]

That has to be the solution, Greese them down through them in a locked closet with a vidoe camera and enjoy the view.

I was also thinking it could be that Angeal's will is all that is needed for the reunion of friends.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=253.msg7561#msg7561 date=1231791123]That has to be the solution, Greese them down through them in a locked closet with a vidoe camera and enjoy the view.[/quote]...X( God, you girls scare me sometimes. Please, can we move into a non-yaoi convo? Kthnx.

Just out of interest, during the times when he kept disappearing from the storyline, what do you think he was doing? Was he hunting down Angeal copies, trying to find Hollander, what?[quote author=KamuiKeyblade link=topic=253.msg7403#msg7403 date=1231717806]Oh and Manti did you know Ringo actually appeared in a Japanese commercial for applesauce?
[/quote]...I'm trying to decide if that's awesomely funny, or really, really sad...

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
Manti said:
sephirothpaine said:
That has to be the solution, Greese them down through them in a locked closet with a video camera and enjoy the view.
...X( God, you girls scare me sometimes. Please, can we move into a non-yaoi convo? Kthnx.

That coming from an Emo Avatar lol.

Anyways, We know Zack inherted Angeal's will, when Zack died did Cloud inherted Angeal's will( not the sword but his believe in honor and pride.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Manti said:
...X( God, you girls scare me sometimes. Please, can we move into a non-yaoi convo? Kthnx.

...I'm trying to decide if that's awesomely funny, or really, really sad...

Sorry Manti, you're in a thread full of yaoi-obsessed fangirls.

And it's just awesome.

In all seriousness about the question you posed on to the whereabouts of Angeal. I get the feeling he was wandering around, being forced by Genesis to play accomplice to his nefarious schemes. And listen to Loveless constantly.

Do you think Angeal ever grew any more of a beard than the peach fuzz and the stubble?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Naw, Angeal didn't help Genesis at all. He mostly tried to talk Genesis out of his war against Shinra and instead, return to SOLDIER. But then when Genesis spilled the truth regarding their birth, Angeal kinda...lost his will. And was just following them around, kinda confused at what to do. But he never actively helped them at all.

And I don't think he ever grew a full fledged beard.

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
You do have a point there, he never did much fighting against SOLDIER in the attack on the building. And he did give Zack a lift, not to mention if it wasn't for Angeal, Zack wouldn't have met Aerith. So in some ways he stayed a hero right to the end, I would never call him a villain though, Shin-Ra screwed him over, so it's pretty fair to blame Hollander.

Hmm, I can see him trying it out once when he was young, then Genesis teased him over it so much that he shaved it to where it is today.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
sephirothpaine said:
That coming from an Emo Avatar lol.
My avatar isn't an emo, but the guy in my sig has emo urges (he's an official AU personality of the guy in my avi). Besides, you can't find emos scary. They're more likely to hurt themselves than they are you. :P
KamuiKeyblade said:
Sorry Manti, you're in a thread full of yaoi-obsessed fangirls.

In all seriousness about the question you posed on to the whereabouts of Angeal. I get the feeling he was wandering around, being forced by Genesis to play accomplice to his nefarious schemes. And listen to Loveless constantly.

Do you think Angeal ever grew any more of a beard than the peach fuzz and the stubble?
...This is worse than the time I forgot how to sit down... /familyguyreference

I agree with Makoeyes. Mostly cos he/she (not sure of your sex, Makoeyes) has a tendancy to talk sense. As opposed to my NONsense. :P

I honestly think that might be as much of a beard as Angeal *can* grow. I know one of my teachers at secondary school kept going on about my constant stubble, cos he couldn't grow anything more than stubble.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
*slowly creeps in*

Hey everybody, I'm back!:muhaha:I found this website a few days ago; I didn't even notice the forums until just a few minutes ago... I saw that a lot of people from ACF.net were here and immediately registered an account under my old name and came looking for the Angeal club... I was worried I wouldn't find you guys at first!

Not an Angeal-centric post (I've been gone for 3 months, sorry!), but I just felt like letting my old friends know that I'm back!

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Good ta see ya back Lith!

On an Angeal related note, I finished a request vid and put it up on YouTube, I will post up the link when I get home. *curses the fact YT is blocked at school*

Anyway, hmm, I was thinking it was time we a. revived the club, and b. held an art contest! After all there's not enough Angeal fanart in the world, therefore we have to take over the world with art!!! So who's in?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Ooo, can't wait to see the vid! I've been working on a few AMVs since I got home... Mostly videos for my FFXII fic. That's just what I'm in the mood for I guess.

And I'm all for club revival! I just suck at art that's not AMV-related lol. I can make badass videos, but my drawing skills suck. But I'm in for both of them either way! :D

Flowing Ice

Pro Adventurer
Count me in!! Angeal rules!! He was a great character, and offered a nice contrast among the main characters, even to Zack.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Welcome to the club, lithiumkatana17 and Flowing Ice. ^_^ Hope you both enjoy your time with us.

I think a club revival is a good idea, too (mind you, I wondered if I'd killed the club. It seems to be a skill - any club I'm in that finishes, I'm the last one out the door). However, I'll have to bow out of any drawing stuff, as I'm not that good. I'll happily try penning a short fic or something, though.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Aww, Manti, don't think that way! I'm pretty sure you didn't kill the club... And as long as I'm around, the club won't die anyway. Man, I sure have missed this place...

Anyways, I was going through my favorites on Deviant Art and found this Angeal picture I favorited a long time ago. I don't know if any of you have seen it or not; it's pretty funny, I got a kick out of it.
http://cairisti.deviantart.com/art/FF7-CC-quot-Don-t-FIGHT-it-quot-93520074

And here's another one I just found:
http://the-red-panda.deviantart.com/art/Angeal-s-rage-at-Cloud-94385530

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Well, if I did kill it, it must now be undead. Which would explain the sudden popularity. :P That's the spirit, let's keep this club kicking over. XD (My thing with clubs is not wanting to let them go, leading to "when does this stop being CPR and become necrophilia" syndrome... and if you get the reference, you get a fruity oaty bar.)

Those are both hilarious, lith. :D Thanks for sharing them. I particularly like Red Panda's one. I have to admit, I always wondered "What the hell?" about the bandages, too. However, now I'm thinking it might be a BLEACH reference. Who knows, go fig, etc.

Hmmm....... OK, thinking of maybe doing an Angeal fanfic, but can't think of any ideas (apart from one that I've already written, which is technically a DC fic). Anyone got any suggestions they'd like to offer?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I get the reference, lol. :lol: I'll have to remember that one.

As far as fanfics are concerned... Thye only one I've been concentrating on lately is my FFXII one. I've seriously gone all out for that fic and my reviewers; I made a badass trailer and put it on youtube as a present for them before I left at the end of December. I do have an FFVII fic in the works--it's been up for awhile now, I just haven't updated it. Angeal's a central character in it; at least for the first installment. It really sucks, I have this whole story planned out; I know there's going to be 4 installments in the series (at least until SE decides to add to the compilation) and I know how many chapters each story will have, and all the chapters have names too! That story was my baby, and I haven't paid any attention to it...

As for your Angeal fanfic Manti, I can't really think of any suggestions right now. I wrote an Angeal-centric oneshot back when CC came out in Japan, really sad and kinda angsty. If I come up with anything for Angeal it'll probably be angsty and somewhat emo... :/

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Always happy to find another, ah, "Independent thinker". ;) Or did you support Unification? Think carefully how you answer that, as there's a right answer and a wrong answer. The wrong one leads to you meeting Vera.

Ahh, that sounds kinda cool. All of my fanfics are pretty much stand-alone stories. I did have some plans for a large arc for some of them, but I kinda stalled. I'm better at just writing some short pieces of fluff.

I vent all my angstyness with Vincent fics. And poetry. And Vincent poetry.

Hmm, I'm thinking of maybe doing one with Angeal and Genesis as kids, but I really can't think of what to have happen... actually, I've now got the germ of a thought of how to do a later one, after Angeal's gone on the run. Have him play superhero and swoop in on some random people who need help. Yeah...

Archer

Unknown Hero
This club was there all along?!
How did I NOT see that?! O_O

Yeah Kamui(Hi BTW. x)) count me in!
We must revive our long-lost ACF FFVII-induced club tradition! ^_^ O_o

Lith is there too.... O_O
How come she never told me about this? ....

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Yes and all of the new members have been added to the list since I have a spare moment! ^_^

I love that second picture you posted Lith, and if I was Angeal I probably would be like, "aww that's sweet. Hey... Wait! THAT'S MY SWORD!!!! TT_TT Look at all the rust, the nicks, the wear! WHOEVER DID THIS I WILL HAUNT YOU FOREVER!!!!"

And he pulls Genesis on the scheme because it was the other way around in CC and Angeal's out for blood on all fronts. Sephiroth tags along because it gives him a chance to clown around with his friends while bothering Cloud. And finally Zack is too busy rofling while Aerith is staring at him very confused.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Welcome to the club, Makkusu. ^_^ Hope you enjoy your time with us. The reason you weren't notified, is we're top secret. You have to find your way to us. Or something like that. :-/ But hey, you're here now. :)

Oh dear, Kam's off the meds again. :awesome: "O-oh, Nur-urrrse!"

Cloud obviously wasn't paying attention when Zack said he only used the blunt side. And I always thought that line would have Angeal turning in his grave.

Actually, that fanart has set something going in my head. Slightly pre-AC, Angeal vs Cloud. Aaaaaaaand...FIGHT!!!

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Yeah I am off my meds, cue 21st Century Cure!!! *laughs*

Anyway, I was thinking that if FFVII did Repo! The Genetic Opera that Angeal would so be cast as Nathan
who was secretly the Repo Man
. Oh man I so need to do this as my next musical endeavor. FFVII! The Genetic Opera. Starring Angeal as Nathan, Yuffie as Shilo, Rufus as Rotti, Vincent as GraveRobber, Lucrecia as Amber, Genesis as Pavi, and Sephiroth as Luigi. Hmm, I suppose Aerith could play Blind Mag, and it would work too...

Okay now I have a vision of Angeal running around with a scalpel carving people up, while at the same time telling Yuffie to take her medication. O.o

Hi Max!!!!

Archer

Unknown Hero
Okay now I have a vision of Angeal running around with a scalpel carving people up, while at the same time telling Yuffie to take her medication. O.o

Hi Max!!!!

Hi Kamui!(Still no sight of commander TXJ BTW.)

That's pretty disturbing to be honest:huh: , but hilarious nonetheless.

We seriously need more Angeal, at least a compilation title he would have a good amount of screentime in....
IMO he gets the shortest end of the stick >_>
And he's still awesome , beign voiced by one of my favorite seiyuus and all.......

Aside from that, I remember the awesome times on the ACF forums,
So yeah , it's pretty much the same old....... Me ^_^

VivaLaValenwind

Moogle Hunter
AKA
VictoriaValentine, SirYab
Hi Angeal fans I need your help! I'm doing a doujin/fan comic with Genesis Angeal and Sephy and i need you guys to help me with my depiction of Angeal so far

Pg1
http://victoriavalentine.deviantart.com/art/Bonds-pg1-119171175

Pg2
http://victoriavalentine.deviantart.com/art/Bonds-pg2-119171374

Pg3
http://victoriavalentine.deviantart.com/art/Bonds-pg3-119171512

I've only done three pages so far but yeah i can't quite get him to look the way i want :( I'm finding him to be extremly difficult on accounta hes not a pretty boy :O These first pages are when he and genesis are in their late teens so i'm going to need to learn to draw him by the time hes at regular age again haha

Top Bottom