• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What are you looking forward to most in ACC?

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
What are you looking forward to most in ACC?

So, one of these days the bluray directors cut of Advent Children [read, Advent Children: Complete] will come out. Now, chances are, NTSC and PAL regions will never see it [legally], but when has that stopped anyone?

My question then is, out of the new footage/expansion of old footage seen, what are you looking forward to most?

<<" I'm actually really excited to see the expand the whole bit with Yazoo and the kids. That's something that never really sat right with me in the original version. "Hey, this random dude with a pick-up truck is going to take us to who knows where and supposedly cure us of this incurable disease!"

... what? Have these kids not learned of stranger danger? I hope they give a bit more rational on why they went, and how how they got there.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Re: What are you looking forward to most in ACC?

[quote author=Dumb Apple link=topic=15.msg47#msg47 date=1227421106]
<<" I'm actually really excited to see the expand the whole bit with Yazoo and the kids. That's something that never really sat right with me in the original version. "Hey, this random dude with a pick-up truck is going to take us to who knows where and supposedly cure us of this incurable disease!"[/quote]

I'm looking foward for that scene too, specially the scene with all the kids talking in the truck. It promises to be a touching moment, with all he kids seemingly talking about their doubts and fears about their disease and such.

Being a devoted fan of Sephiroth, i'm looking foward to see him fighting in the last battle as the One Winged Angel. Not only it will make justice to his title, but it will also be the perfect way to say goodbye to Sephiroth, who i really hope that doesn't come back, if there's going to be a new Compilation title.

Other than that, I hope that there are more scenes with the original party and more lines for Red XIII. Even that stupid cat, Cait Sith, has more lines than him. A little more development to the SHM wouldn't hurt either.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

So, one of these days the bluray directors cut of Advent Children [read, Advent Children: Complete] will come out. Now, chances are, NTSC and PAL regions will never see it [legally], but when has that stopped anyone?

I don't see why Sony Pictures wouldn't release this overseas. The Japanese version is going to include different language dubs, "English is a given" according to Nomura. I doubt they'll record new lines for those and not release it overseas.
And after all, there is importing. Recent Sony Pictures Blu-Rays were region-free (including Resident Evil: Degeneration).

I'm looking forward to more color.

Yes, more color. One of my complaints is, that the movie looks visually boring. Stunning CGI, but still boring visuals. Grays and blacks and browns all over the place. It lacked color saturation as well. Dirge of Cerberus' FMVs had more color saturation and sharpness than AC!

So yeah. I want them to REALLY take advantage of the HD medium.

Apart from that, I want more dialogue scenes. :P

ForceStealer

Double Growth

Well, AC's atmosphere was all about blues and grays, whereas DC's was most certainly reds, and CC's was more the color palette of FF7 itself.

But I know what you're saying, the Kadaj fight at sunset looked incredible (and different from the rest of the movie). And this children scene looks to also be at sunset which means more fun lighting, but I kinda doubt the movie's palette will be overhauled.

My biggest complaint with AC was the lack of the rest of the team. So that's obviously what I hope for the most, but I'm not sure I'll get it. However, this 'bonus movie' that takes place a year after DC has me very VERY intrigued.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

Bonus movie? When did this come out?

[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=15.msg69#msg69 date=1227652067]So, one of these days the bluray directors cut of Advent Children [read, Advent Children: Complete]And after all, there is importing. Recent Sony Pictures Blu-Rays were region-free (including Resident Evil: Degeneration).[/quote]
I thought about getting (thought, but couldn't because I has no moneys) that, but didn't know if it would be region-free or not. I hope ACC (and its FFXIII demo) is as well, then :monster:

I'd like to see some more development for Kadaj. I can put up with a smaller focus on the other main characters from the game, but it'd be nice to see more development for Kadaj at least. He gets a hint at some kind of development in his talk with Rufus, but then it's back into the succession of fight after fight.

And this new On the Way to a Smile, even though this is not strictly ACC.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I'm looking forward to the added scenes with Zack, and hopefully other subtle nods to the other pieces of the Compilation titles that were made after AC that will help the storyline feel more complete, and tied into everything else.

X 8)

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Links to said rumor by chance?

X 8)

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer

I'm looking for more colors and light too, and more places of the original game, because in AC, we only got: Midgar and the Sleeping Forest.
Resuming, I want the movie to be more FFVII-like, in its visual.

More scenes with the main characters, instead of the Turks.

More magic-spells. I mean, the SHM had a lot of Materia, but we only saw one spell.

And of course, One-Winged Sephiroth. Him using more abilities(Iakiri, Octoslash, or maybe some magic) would be cool too.

And something I was thinking... From the pictures we saw, Cloud's sword have a blue-glow around it, during the final battle. Well, IIRC the Ultima Weapon had a blue-glow around it too, so... It would be cool if that's the Ultima Weapon.
I mean... The Death Penalty was included in the story of DoC, so why not include the Ultima Weapon on the story of ACC?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

I really have to start being a little bit less busy to be able to actually READ and retain the info in the news that we put up...

X 8)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Tetsujin said:
I don't see why Sony Pictures wouldn't release this overseas.

Well, if AC didn't sell enough, they might decide against it - after all, how many movies get a re-release after just two years or so (how long has it been btw?)?

Tetsujin said:
I'm looking forward to more color.

Yes, more color. One of my complaints is, that the movie looks visually boring. Stunning CGI, but still boring visuals. Grays and blacks and browns all over the place. It lacked color saturation as well. Dirge of Cerberus' FMVs had more color saturation and sharpness than AC!

And that's not a bad thing - the color scheme and variation used is an artist's decision, and pretty much every video game's design largely depends on the color scheme(s). Remember that the movie takes place in a somewhat post-apocalyptic environment, a largely destroyed city, right after the overthrowing of the world's government (or at least the next best thing) and a near meteor strike. It's actually got quite a lot of color when you compare it to, for example, Fallout 3, which is sorta in the same general direction (post apocalyptic).

(Although I don't particularly like that game's visuals, also due to the color schemes, :monster: )

I'd personally like to see the movie make more sense to people that haven't played FFVII. I showed the movie to some of my friends, but none of them have ever played the game, so whilst they were impressed / entertained with the visuals and action sequences, they simply didn't get it - and the largely cryptic intro thingy isn't helping either. Nor would showing them the recap of FFVII that was included on the DVD, I only managed to view like a minute of it and was already lost. ish.

So, more background story, and better character introduction and development for all characters. I mean, some of FFVII's characters come falling suddenly out of the sky - literally - without any introduction whatsoever. I think that it should appeal more to people who haven't got a clue.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

Remember that the movie takes place in a somewhat post-apocalyptic environment, a largely destroyed city, right after the overthrowing of the world's government (or at least the next best thing) and a near meteor strike.

But TSW took place in a post-apocalyptic scenario as well and still looked better.:P
I don't think it's just a color scheme problem, since all the colors look sorta washed out and the movie isn't really all that sharp. It's probably bad DVD mastering as well. The PAL DVDs actually have another flaw. There is a thin black vertical bar on the right side of the screen with a slight color problem attached to it (sorta pinkish at the edge). =/
Both my German and UK copies have that flaw.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=15.msg116#msg116 date=1227793012]
Tetsujin said:
I don't see why Sony Pictures wouldn't release this overseas.

Well, if AC didn't sell enough, they might decide against it - after all, how many movies get a re-release after just two years or so (how long has it been btw?)?[/quote]

4 years, it'll be 5 by the time it comes out.

And do we not know how well Advent Children sold outside Japan? Come to think of it I don't recall sales outside Japan ever being mentioned which I guess is a bad sign...but i always assumed it did well, a lot of people seemed to know about it...and it didn't seem to bankrupt Square like the last one.

EDIT: Apparently the english version sold 1.4 Million copies. Only 100,000 of them were Europe, the rest were in North America. (the movie sold 2.4 million overall) So is that good? Also note that these numbers are from wikipedia so they could be completely wrong, but its something.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

AC has made lots of sales. 2.4 Million is extremely impressive. Not to mention it was the second most popular DVD on Amazon.com for like a month after its release here in the US. Money isn't a problem at all. The whole reason ACC is being made is because sales were so good, that S-E told Nomura's team that they COULD go all out with it like they wanted, so now they are.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

3 and a half actually.:monster:

I remember it didn't sell too well here in Germany. Then again, they released it when the hype was already over (December 2006, Dirge of Cerberus was actually released BEFORE AC =/) and most probably already imported the movie and/or downloaded it.

and most probably already imported the movie and/or downloaded it.

I found most of my friend here (Canada) had already seen it for years before it was released. It kept being pushed back and pushed back. Eventually my friends who wanted to wait worn down to just three of us. We waited patiently until it was actually released.

I'm looking forward to the supposive extra movie more than the extra scenes. Well, depending on whether we get to see more of Tseng, like Vincent actually going to rescue them.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=15.msg253#msg253 date=1228045308]

3 and a half actually.:monster:[/quote]

Sorry, I was thinking it came out in April 2004 for some reason. I definitely got it in April of some year... (I'm mainly talking about Japan's release, because that's really how long its been between the original and the rerelease.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=15.msg266#msg266 date=1228078611]
[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=15.msg253#msg253 date=1228045308]

3 and a half actually.:monster:[/quote]

Sorry, I was thinking it came out in April 2004 for some reason. I definitely got it in April of some year... (I'm mainly talking about Japan's release, because that's really how long its been between the original and the rerelease.
[/quote]

It came out April 2006 for the US and UK, September 2005 for Japan.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Guess it was far more popular in the US than over here. I've seen it in stores once or twice around here.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

The scene with the children being taken to the Forgotten Capital by Loz, is the exact type of exposition I'm hoping for in ACC. I want more dialogue and scenes featuring the children since in the previous version, it kinda just seemed like they were just...there. Nomura stated that the children were an important part of the movie, and the theme was returning home to one's family, so I'm hoping they'll go into that more, especially with the relationship between Cloud and Tifa. Also, more interaction between the heroes would be nice.

I want a truly bitchin' fight scene between Cloud and Sephiroth to end it all, and I want Tifa to flash her boobs and shove them in Cloud's face at the end to top off his return to the family. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

I want there to be a short movie based around Tifa on Mardi Gras.:monster:

Other than that, PLEASE MORE DIALOGUEZ.
Also, the replacement of the flashbacks in the Kadaj/Rufus scene with footage of them. Which I believe is gonna happen, judging from the first ACC trailer. In AC, it looked as if they ran outta time and just put the flashbacks from the beginning into that scene so as not to have to render them talking all the time.

Also, did anyone notice how for some weird reason when they show the camera panning across Midgar's sector 7 ruins, the ruins actually have a different color scheme than in the exact same scene that is shown in the beginning?

Also, I wanna see the torture scene. Or at least something that actually REALLY hints at the torture being brutal (because a little bit of blood on ID cards isn't really all that frightening). Kadaj and his gang were supposed to come off as ruthless and dangerous, but they really just seemed like a bunch of whiney kids that are messing around a little bit, there was no sense of threat and danger coming from them. Especially because there were all these fights and NEVER is anyone actually hurt.

The torture scene maybe would've helped correcting that, showing that they, in fact, mean effing business.:monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

Well, they aren't bothered about the ratings this time :monster:

Though given that neither Tseng nor Elena seemed to have a scratch on them, I assume it was some kind of psychological torture like loud Cher music. Or Vincent is just a really good, but modest, doctor :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Oh and one more thing I think needs to be done.

Red XIII needs to talk more. Seriously. The whole "him only saying one obvious line at the very end of the movie" bollocks needs to be rectified. The reason why it happened the first time was because Nomura just couldn't find the right voice for him and when he did he ended up having prior engagements and thus could only do one quick line of dialogue...

But surely after 4 years they can be arsed to give one of the coolest characters a voice and some dialogue :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=15.msg313#msg313 date=1228163552]Though given that neither Tseng nor Elena seemed to have a scratch on them, I assume it was some kind of psychological torture like loud Cher music. Or Vincent is just a really good, but modest, doctor :monster:
[/quote]

Well, I imagine cure spells close wounds. I'm not saying they shouldn't look a little worse, but Vincent needn't be a doctor. He only needs a (perhaps mastered) Cure materia. :P

Top Bottom