• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

To be continued...

I know a lot of people thought it was more proof of a remake, but I thought it was just a joke, being a prequel and all.
Like, "This story will continue... right now"
Even if they decided to do a remake, it would take a long time, so honestly, I'm not holding my breath anymore. It would be really neat, to have voice acting and such, but I would be just as happy if they took the chibi pixels and added voices and released it on the PSP.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I was pleased with the ending overall, and surprisingly enough, not EVERYONE who played Crisis Core would've necessairly played FFVII, so it's something that's encouraging to have them take a look at the original game if they hadn't before.

As for a remake - it'd be nice, but I'm just fine playing the original game tbh.

X :neo:

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
A remake sounds so appealing~~~ But I do enjoy the original as well. Too bad I'm a sucker for good graphics <3 .

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
I'm just mostly curious about how everything would look with updated graphics, especially characters that haven't shown up in 3d in any of the compilation titles (Jesse, Scarlet, Heidegger etc). The Crisis Core ending certainly has hopes up for a remake, and while I'd love one I want them to announce whatever comes after Dirge first, as the idea of it seems more intriguing (So many loose ends).

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
[quote author=Balthea link=topic=67.msg642#msg642 date=1228433946]
I know a lot of people thought it was more proof of a remake, but I thought it was just a joke, being a prequel and all.
Like, "This story will continue... right now" [/quote]
The director mentioned before how they originally had 'to be continued... on PlayStation 3', until Nomura came and shouted at them to take it off :monster:

I thought it was more a jokey reference to playing the original.

I didn't know that. XP
I'll also probably never get a PS3, so it wouldn't really matter that much to me if they remade it for that system. Now, if they decided to do what they are doing for XIII and release it also on the 360, then I'd be excited.
I have a feeling that if when ACC does come out that there's no word on the remake, and rather word on other things (like the finishing up on the secret DoC ending), it just seems less and less likely. It seems like it would make them a lot of money with how rare the original is and the amount of new fans from AC, DC and CC, and so much is already done.
I just really don't know... it puzzles me. XP Maybe it truly is that they want either everyone or it won't happen.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
I think that a FFVII remake will eventually be made, but i guess we'll see a FFV and a FFVI remakes before that happens, since Square-Enix, until now, has remaked the FF in order (first FFI and FFII for the Wonderwan, then FFIII and FFIV for DS).

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I thought the ending was very well done, and I really didn't take it as a sure sign of a remake. (I didn't think it a 'joke' either though). I just thought it was an awesome way to tie it all in. Not only did it take you right to the start of FF7, but it showed you how Cloud has now assumed Zack's identity. I just thought it was a really good way to end it.

As far as a remake goes, as much as I would love to play it on PS3, and as sure as I am that they will in fact remake it, I think it won't be until at LEAST the next generation of consoles. I have no doubt that they will remake it (they remake all the other ones), but they're just not going to yet. And I'm okay with that, maybe it'll come out when my kids are the age I was when I played FF7. 8) Could be fun, playing a remake of FF7 with your kids.

[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=67.msg719#msg719 date=1228494003]
And I'm okay with that, maybe it'll come out when my kids are the age I was when I played FF7. 8) Could be fun, playing a remake of FF7 with your kids.
[/quote]And if not I'm keeping my copy in as good of condition as possible for the same thing. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh same here...but I'm not sure how willing our kids will be to play a game with such graphics. They'll be used to their virtual reality :P

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I don't think a remake is anywhere near, considering that the most recent titles they've remade were 1 through 6, of which only 3 for the DS was an actual proper remake (3D and stuff), where the rest were just ports of the originals and/or with some improved, but still 2D, graphics.

Remaking FFVII would be an enormous undertaking, even if they'd do it for handhelds (ds, psp). As far as I know, it's a lot larger in terms of story / environment than 3 was, so it would take a lot more time. Plus, 1 through 3 (in particular) weren't really available in the west at that time.

Finally, they'd have to be REALLY careful with developing it, making sure that either they follow the existing story of the game very closely, or keep it in line with the ongoing story.

[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=67.msg735#msg735 date=1228504488]
Oh same here...but I'm not sure how willing our kids will be to play a game with such graphics. They'll be used to their virtual reality :P
[/quote]I hope my kids will be able to appreciate the simple gameplay and story, like their mommy. XP

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Remake is possible, when did the Tech Demo go up. Imagine if you would, Midgar is taken care of...what next? Not much rendering and creation...they made that midgar model back in 05 I think...but Nomura said if they did do a remake it would take 4-5 years with the available staff at hand.

I see it being possible. They know people want it, but want to milk the cow (so to speak) for that extra butter.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Balthea link=topic=67.msg756#msg756 date=1228507318]I hope my kids will be able to appreciate the simple gameplay and story, like their mommy. XP
[/quote]

Well it's one thing appreciating crappy polygonal graphics when even the photorealistic games are still on a screen. But if our kids have a holodeck (or something to that effect), it might be harder.

(For the record, I am being facetious about the progress of video games by the time we have kids, but you get my point)

But I hope they do as well. And Cthulhu, it would be an enormous undertaking...but it would probably make them twice the amount of money as any other project does. (but as I said, I don't have a problem with waiting, but I DO want one someday, preferably before their voice actors die :monster:)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Imagine if you would, Midgar is taken care of...what next?

Actually, they've made a render of a quick fly-over of Midgar, if they'd want to incorporate that into a game, they'd have to create models of the internals (streets and whatnot), interiors, slums, and spend quite some more time on texturing and details. I don't remember much of that tech demo, but I doubt they've spent enough time on the exteriors to warrant incorporation into a game.

And that's just one location, there's over nine thousaaand more. Now granted, Midgar plays a big role in the game (and I had the feeling I already completed a whole game by the time I came out of that area, and then thought 'zomfg, that was only the beginning').

[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=67.msg777#msg777 date=1228523368]
[quote author=Balthea link=topic=67.msg756#msg756 date=1228507318]I hope my kids will be able to appreciate the simple gameplay and story, like their mommy. XP
[/quote]

Well it's one thing appreciating crappy polygonal graphics when even the photorealistic games are still on a screen. But if our kids have a holodeck (or something to that effect), it might be harder.

(For the record, I am being facetious about the progress of video games by the time we have kids, but you get my point)
[/quote]I know games have progressed a lot since we were kids, but I'm going to treat playing the classics like reading to them.
It's good for you and will make you smarter. :monster:

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=67.msg864#msg864 date=1228558740]
Imagine if you would, Midgar is taken care of...what next?

Actually, they've made a render of a quick fly-over of Midgar, if they'd want to incorporate that into a game, they'd have to create models of the internals (streets and whatnot), interiors, slums, and spend quite some more time on texturing and details. I don't remember much of that tech demo, but I doubt they've spent enough time on the exteriors to warrant incorporation into a game.

And that's just one location, there's over nine thousand more. Now granted, Midgar plays a big role in the game (and I had the feeling I already completed a whole game by the time I came out of that area, and then thought 'zomfg, that was only the beginning').
[/quote]

Been a couple of years though mind you.

Even so, think about it, they redid Midgar's model for Advent children, though neither you nor I could confirm the fact if they ported the model and revamped it :P But there's hundreds of different reasons, so they or may not even have started. Deep down with the hidden messages, I think there is more to expect :)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
They've been quite busy with FFXIII, FF Vs XIII and ACC. If there's a remake, it's still only in their minds.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=67.msg926#msg926 date=1228590012]
They've been quite busy with FFXIII, FF Vs XIII and ACC. If there's a remake, it's still only in their minds.
[/quote]

Even though thats true, nothing says they haven't or had started...lets write SE and get denied any information :D

Purple

Charmed
True, but chances are they haven't, then again we know no one who works in SE so what do we know really?

Yeah, a remake would be great but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Well if they don't expect to released, I could see them porting the original game to PSP. To continue, people might be like "Wtf...old graphic's" (for those non FFVII people) lol.

Ffvii_8-16.jpg

I loled at that.

Trivia:
A Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 2 had been considered by Square in early 2001. For some reason, the project was either scrapped or never started development at all.

Taken From....http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
lol I don't know about you, but the ending was such a tease that it isn't funny.

I would love a re-make, but hey if they don't I still have the original to play.

FF7 re-make will be one of 3 games I would so buy the PS3 for, the other 2 are the Castlevania game( no title name yet, there is a tease trailer with Alucard ;) ) and Resident Evil 5.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'd only get a PS3 for MGS 4, ergo, I won't get a PS3 'cause it's insanely expensive compared to the competition, :monster:.

Top Bottom