• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The missing 22nd character

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
With the latest news on Dissidia, it's all but confirmed that one more character has yet to be revealed.

So, who has any predictions they'd like to share on who the final secret character will be?

Personally, I'm betting on it being someone from FFXII, specifically, Judge Gabranth, the character who's even on the logo for FFXII. I don't think the creators would add another hero to the list because it'd upset the balance between heroes and villains thus far. And considering FFXII's popularity, it's lack of current representation in the game, and Gabranth's popularity, he'd make an interesting choice for the game and balance it out.

Then after that, I'd guess Vayne Solidor. And then AFTER that...Dr. Cid.

But I'm pretty sure it'll be a secret villain character.

So, any other thoughts? :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
That there should be more than 22 characters :monster:

If there's only going to be one more character, I think them being from FFXII is certain. I'd like Gabranth, but there are already 3 characters in full-body armour. Vayne would be a nice change from everyone else, not using a weapon. And Dr. Cid would be good because there's no Cid in Dissidia yet :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Heh, I wonder if they'll put a Cid into the game...

I'm hoping for Gabranth. Other than that, it's too bad there aren't one or two more secret characters...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It ain't no FF game if there ain't no Cid in it.

Then again, the same can be said for them birds and whonot, :monster:.

A FFXII character would be plausible, but I don't think it'll happen. All games, except FFXI, have both a hero and a villain representing in the game, using just a villain from XII is kinda muh imho. XI's the odd one out btw, and I'm actually a bit surprised they put it in, since the game doesn't really fall into the same line as the other FF games.

I'm thinking it'll be a non-FF specific bonus character, but I dunno.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=46.msg308#msg308 date=1228162143]
I'm hoping for Gabranth. Other than that, it's too bad there aren't one or two more secret characters...[/quote]

Well, by definition we wouldn't really know about any yet, right?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=46.msg326#msg326 date=1228169729]
[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=46.msg308#msg308 date=1228162143]
I'm hoping for Gabranth. Other than that, it's too bad there aren't one or two more secret characters...[/quote]

Well, by definition we wouldn't really know about any yet, right?
[/quote]

Well we know that one more character is slated for release and the total number of characters for the game will be 22. Barring some unforeseen plot to misinform the gaming public, that leaves room for just one more extra character. We know one is coming, we just don't know who they are.

The artbook for Dissidia also states there will be artwork for 22 characters as well. We know there's another, we just gotta see who it is. :monster:

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
As already said, a FF game isn't a FF game, without a Cid. Shantotto is a hero, so the next character will probably be a villain.

I'm voting for Dr. Cid.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm voting for Dead Cthulhu, for His greatness alone would be enough to make the game awesome.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
I would say it would be one of the Judges logically if it's from FFXII. I cant really see it being anyone else from that game, unless it's Gilgamesh XD

Dart-123

Lv. 1 Adventurer
It would only make sense to have an Evil unlock-able character since the other one is good. Nomura said that FF-12 has caught his interest, but didn't detail it. I never fully played XII, so I don't know too much about it. People have been talking about the Judge that's on the game's logo, and he looks like he would be awesome to play as.

Purple

Charmed
So the 22nd character would be evil and would probably be from XII?

Then my vote goes to Dr. Cid. Gabranth was an antagonist yeah, but he did redeem himself in the end.

I guess my hope for Balthier is circling down the drain. :(

[quote author=Purple link=topic=46.msg802#msg802 date=1228532681]
I guess my hope for Balthier is circling down the drain. :(
[/quote]Maybe if we hope hard enough it'll come true :monster:

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
My first bet is on Dr. Cid, in second it's Judge Master Gabrinth. Actually, any of the Judges would be pretty cool to play as. Third place is Balthier, not sure how they could make him be evil. So there we are.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's about time Ramza sticks his nose into a game, instead of having a bunch of characters stick their nose into his :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=46.msg1149#msg1149 date=1228780844]
It's about time Ramza sticks his nose into a game, instead of having a bunch of characters stick their nose into his :monster:
[/quote]

Haha, I totally agree with that! I'd love for Ramza to make an appearance. He's such an under-appreciated character. D=

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
True Story on this...

When playing FFT...I never knew how to add in extra players...first battle after Prologue (With Gaf and Agrias) I didn't add anyone...had to fight with Delita and Ramza...took me about 14 tries, but I did it...then I found out goofing around that I could add other people...I was like...wtf?

No kidding. Same here. 'Cept I don't think I went up to 14 times. That's what happen when you don't read the manual. Though now I forget if I ever read the manual. :monster:

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
[quote author=lonestar link=topic=46.msg1187#msg1187 date=1228801063]
No kidding. Same here. 'Cept I don't think I went up to 14 times. That's what happen when you don't read the manual. Though now I forget if I ever read the manual. :monster:
[/quote]

Well I was like 12...and like you never read anything (I rented first before buying) so no manual came with mine, the 14 times include reset...lmao. But I had fun.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Ramza doesn't have a nose to stick in anywhere :monster:

If not a playable character, I can see (or hope to see) Ramza and other FFT characters being one of the 300 player icon/help characters. Which isn't the same, but it's something at least :monster:

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Dycedarg could be the villian, who knows...heck could be Genesis...*waits for the fan girl scream*

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
When I was playing FF12, I was hoping maybe for some sort of Ramza or Delita reference. Sigh, I shouldn't really get my hopes up for anything featuring original FFT characters :(

The tagline for Dissidia sort of implies that FF12 will be included somehow, so yeah I'm betting on an FF12 character. If it were to be a villain I'd probably say it's either Gabranth, Vayne or Dr. Cid. I kind of don't want another heavily armoured characters, since we already have enough of them. Dr Cid didn't really do any fighting from what I can remember, but if he were playable he'd definitly be something different from the rest of the roster.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I can has Larsa cameo please? D;

I also, am really hoping for at least ONE FFXII appearance, even if it's a character that I don't particularly like. Because it was an amazing game and deserves the love and affection. :D

Top Bottom