• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
:monster: Discuss.

<<" Ok, so the names are slightly uninspired. Noctis - Night, Stella - Star. Haha, I see what you did there.

So we don't know much about this game yet. There is a Crystal, protected by the Prince. People are getting together to figure out what to do with that last remaining Crystal. Stella and Noctis are "unwilling enemies" or something silly like that.

o.o But I'm loving the darker look to the games, and that lead isn't a whiny emo little boy. I think it's rather endearing that he's shy, but not bitchy.

<<" I'm waiting to pass judgment on Stella. I think she'll fall into your stereotypical white mage heroine, but you never know.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
At least Stella uses a sword, that's a little different.

I don't know much about this, and only just watched the trailer that was on the CLOUD DVD the other day. I was suprised how violent it was. I'd heard it was a bit brutal, but wasn't expecting neck-snapping and gushes of blood from sword wounds through the chest.

Looks nice, though :monster:

Dumb Apple

AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
o.o That really surprised me too. It wouldn't surprise me if they had to tone down some of the scenes stateside to keep a T rating. If the game is anything like what we've seen so far, they're flirting with an "M" rating for violence, sci-fi fantasy violence or not.

Not all rating systems are as lenient as Japan. I know they had to edit Kingdom Hearts of all things to keep it below a T rating... seriously.

I wish they'd release more information on the other characters that we've seen. There are like three... four others that we've seen, but have no other information then "They are friends of the Princes".

I like the little tidbits of information we get, but sometimes I wish they'd wait and release things that are a bit more concrete.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I haven't been following it, but it doesn't sound like I've missed a lot.

[quote author=Dumb Apple link=topic=54.msg432#msg432 date=1228257087]
Not all rating systems are as lenient as Japan. I know they had to edit Kingdom Hearts of all things to keep it below a T rating... seriously.[/QUOTE]
Have you ever played/heard of Shin Megami Tensei 3 (Nocturne)? That was rated M in the US.

It's CERO A in Japan. Good for all ages :monster: (It's also excellent and everyone should play it.)

Japan can be a wuss when it comes to violent games, sometimes. IIRC Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Resistance have no blood, Resident Evil 4 has some of the gory death scenes cut and No More Heroes is edited. I think if it gets any more violent it might be pushing the rating there as well, but as it is it'll probably get by with a C/15 years and up in Japan.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
And they did get away with a Teen rating even with all the blood in the end of Crisis Core, but I'm not sure how much easier it is to pass if we don't actually watch gory proceedings unfold.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Do ratings actually affect the age demography of people that buy the games? Most FF players are teens and above anyways, I wouldn't mind a more mature approach to the series.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Actually, I'm more curious about Noct's posse/party than anything else. You know, Glasses, Blondie, and Angeal Jr. I find them much more interesting than Stella, but that's me...

Oh, and on the demographic of FF, I just remember reading a "how old are you?" thread at the FFWiki and feeling like an old fart for being over 20. So many teenagers... *insert cranky old fan ramble here*

Purple

Charmed
Same here. I'm dying for any new information about his posse. Couldn't care less for Stella TBH. ;)

[quote author=Schala-Kitty link=topic=54.msg538#msg538 date=1228345439]
Oh, and on the demographic of FF, I just remember reading a "how old are you?" thread at the FFWiki and feeling like an old fart for being over 20. So many teenagers... *insert cranky old fan ramble here*
[/quote]
Oh, I know! It makes me feel lcreepy, and I'm not even that old.

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
I, for one, am can't wait to see how Stella's character is going to be built. I do like how she's a sword user but its already painfully obvious that they are going to have a difficult relationship with Nox... :-[

Dumb Apple

AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
xD The posse for the win!

I love the guy with the shotgun. He reminds me of Demyx from KH, who was one of my favorite Organization members. Even though there is nothing planned to be playable at Jump Festa, I'm hoping that information will be released.

<<" Like who they are exactly.

My issue with Stella is that, sword or no sword, she's going to end up being a backrow character. I'm playing IV right now, and yeah, Rosa can use a Bow and Arrow, but 9/10 I'm having her either Heal, or Pray to restore MP. Blonde hair blued eyed white dress screams "White Mage" to me.

Purple

Charmed
[quote author=Dumb Apple link=topic=54.msg783#msg783 date=1228528128]
xD The posse for the win!

I love the guy with the shotgun. He reminds me of Demyx from KH, who was one of my favorite Organization members. Even though there is nothing planned to be playable at Jump Festa, I'm hoping that information will be released.

[/quote]

That guy has piqued my interest as well. Seems like he'll be some comic relief.

2rp6ucm.jpg

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
To be quite honest, I find the glasses man much more intriguing. Man, that guy is sexy :monster:

ffv13_image_mag_19.jpg

...I think my interest ends with the fact that I think he's hot. Meh, oh well. Same could be said of Noctis, though I like the fact that he isn't going to be some emo asshat.

Stella has done nothing for me so far. There's been no real interesting information concerning her and I find her design quite boring.

Dumb Apple

AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
xD Glasses guy looks to be the result if Axel and Lazard had a child together.

Which is not a bad thing.

And Noctis IS pretty; I squeed real hard when I saw him in that suit. I'm sorry, but I find guys dressed well to be gorgeous. It was a nice change to see a Final Fantasy character in something so... real. :D

With Stella, to me it screams Romeo and Juliet. Going from the Shakespeare quote at the begging of the trailers, and the idea of "star crossed lovers" [Stella = Star], I can see it being this whole they love each other but can't be together 'cause of their retarded families type thing.

Purple

Charmed
I hope the love story would be done well in this game. If ever there is one

I think the posse would be classified this way:

Guy with glasses : He'll probably be the smartest
Guy with scar on his face: He'll probably be in the Barret category
Guy with shotgun:Tidus/Zidane/Vaan/Zell category basically he'll be the most hyperactive

I'm not biased just because my boyfriend of six years wears glasses. Why would you say... wait a minute...

Though if you have glasses... :-*

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Normally I'd have people b7 for thread hijacking, but I'll excuse this one for great justice.

Top Bottom