Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It's interesting seeing Lightning. Since all the other characters look better or equal to how they've appeared before, she's the only who's been noticeably scaled down.

I kinda like hints of early-FF7 asshole Cloud in there too :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/24/flying_get_d_style/

A Few Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy Bits

Dengeki's report on Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy has some details on how the story for the original Dissidia will be incorporated into the new game. You'll recall that the original's story, referred to as 13, is included in Duodecim, whose story is referred to as 12.

Yuna in Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy.

12's story is played in a set order. Once you've cleared it, you'll gain access to 13. You're free to play 13 in whatever order you like. The story of 13 exists as a section of a dungeon in Duodecim.

(Try not to be confused -- the sequel's story is the lower number! The 12 and 13 refer to the number of the battle between Chaos and Cosmos. Consult your favorite Wiki for more details.)

Dengeki also has a few details on the game's quest creation system. As previously detailed, you can create original quests, which can be sent out to other players. By making use of character icons, you'll be able to create mini stories for these quests. You can also create event scenes.

It looks like the official site will be distributing quests too. The summaries of Dengeki's story don't mention anything about the downloadable music and costumes that Dengeki Games mentioned (see below.)

Nomura is interviewed in the magazine and says that they'll be adding stuff until the very limit. He jokes that if they make another Dissidia, they'll have to change the hardware.

Yuna kicking Jects ass FTW

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Made a neat discovery - the backless shirt isn't Amano, Tifa's model was like that in FF7 too, it's just hard to notice normally.

Attachments

• Tifa.jpg
    Tifa.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 48

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
So Nomura jokes that if they do another Dissidia they'll have to change Hardware? SERIOUSLY???

Nomura, no "if's" here. Do it, and do it for the PS3. That'd raise Dissidia's epicness to an unparalleled level.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
If they make it PS3, they'll start holding themselves up to a ridiculous standard and it'll take forever, like FFXIII and FFVXII. I'd rather we get it in timely fashion, even if I have to buy a PSP2.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Made a neat discovery - the backless shirt isn't Amano, Tifa's model was like that in FF7 too, it's just hard to notice normally.

I wonder, if like Fang, Tifa has a sports bra on, just with a criss-cross shoulder strap. It never occurred to me until now.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
HP - Planet Protector
I just realise (because I don't think I ever paid much attention before :awesome: ) that that should probably be 'Planet's Protection', as in protection from the planet.

[/nitpicking]

It seems like Aerith is just going to be an Assist-only character (but with attacks that stop you from moving or make you invincible it seems kind of cheap to have as a playable character), but I hope that means they'll add a bunch of other characters like that as well. I guess they added Aerith easily because Maaya Sakamoto was already there for voicing Lightning, but it'd be nice to see others as well.

I'm liking the Assist system from the demo once I got the hang of it (I spammed Cloud's Omnislash ver.5 > Tifa's Brave attack when they hit the ground since they aren't invincible to Assist attacks > Chase and hit them with Omnislash again), so I'm looking forward to it.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Yeah, Assist is gonna make for some brutal combos. Brave attack -> Assist Brave -> Brave attack -> Assist Brave -> Brave to HP.

roku

Pro Adventurer
Dengeki Interview Translation
Thanks to ujhbn from DF

Party battle
- Form a party of 5 characters, each characters can be assigned to a job that enhance you in some way.
eg. Thief = EX and Assist gauge +50% at start of battle, Black Mage = magical damage x1.5
-Tournament battle mode and Round battle mode could be happened in story mode too.

Original Quest
(nothing new here, has been covered by other sources like andriasang before.)

Interview of Takahashi

(explaining how hard it is to squeeze all the stuff in 1 UMD, and thanks to the programmers etc..)
Then talk about Prologus and Aerith. Why they pick Aerith as the bonus assist character.
Firstly they decided the bonus char is going to be Assist only, so "combat" characters won't be considered. Then they looked at last summer's SE member survey.
Supportive character + survey result = Aerith is the best choice.

Aerith's assist is different to other characters, like turning your char invulnerable, or hold the enemy in place, like in her original game. Since Prologus is not free, they have to make Aerith useful.

Then talked about Prologus, things that we know, like you can unlock 1 more char XD

Moved on to Yuna. They got a lot of fans requesting her and was decided very early they would put her in. The only dilemma was using summoner or the dress sphere system for her. Mr. Nomura suggested to use summoner because that's the Yuna in the formal numbering of the series.

Yuna's character consist of summons make things much harder because the memory size for a character is fixed. Had to decide what could be cut. Thats why when summons attack, only half of their body appear. (Probably why no Anima, Yojimbo, Magus Sisters for the same reason XD)

Yuna hasn't lost her memory because in Dissidia's world setting, characters who have joined the Cosmos, Chaos battles for numerous times will have their original world's memory clearly. Yuna has been joined for a few times before and hence she has FFX's memory, while Tidus is new, so he forgets anything about Yuna.

In Prologus, characters appear in the event scene with their 3rd costume are those who swapped side.

Original Quest is the new system. Event scene + battle included. You can also set "Original Rule" for the battle, including things like critical rate, map brave, summon assist etc. Be creative... etc

There will be official Quest as DLC. You can also rate quests created by others. The Mogweb will be linked to SE members, and rankings of popular original quests could be found.

For a single quest, the maximum number of battles is 5. Event scene could be inserted before and after. Battle's result (win or lose) can lead you to a different event path.

Quest's reward would not be some limited items, because that is not supposed to be the aim of playing the quest.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yuna hasn't lost her memory because in Dissidia's world setting, characters who have joined the Cosmos, Chaos battles for numerous times will have their original world's memory clearly. Yuna has been joined for a few times before and hence she has FFX's memory, while Tidus is new, so he forgets anything about Yuna.

Well this is interesting. I guess that would be why Tifa doesn't remember anything?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Here's some more translations... or the best I could do anyway. They make sense but they might not be something that Hito or Tres could quite come up with. If anyone wants the Japanese text just let me know and I'll post it.

Barret:
An impulsive leader who manages Avalanche which develops extreme Anti-Shinra Activity. What's more, his hometown was burned down, and he lost his wife and right arm in the past because of Shinra At first he moved to fight because of his desire for revenge against Shinra. With his friends and the death of his close friend as a start, he looks hard at his reason for fighting and corrects it. He regrets his own actions that involved innocent people and continues to fight to save the planet for his beloved daughter Marlene.

Cait Sith:
A huge fat stuffed moogle ridden by a machine cat who's a self proclaimed fortune telling machine. In reality, he's remote controlled by the Shinra Company's high executive, Reave. He forcibly joined the party for his advantage to figure out Cloud and co's movements. In the beginning, he acts as a spy for Shinra, while the journey continues, he shares Cloud and co's awareness wishing "to protect the planet." Graudually he will hold a relation that can be called a true friend.

Nanaki:
The family of the beast who manipulates human speech has lives far longer than any humans and have survived few in numbers. He encountered Cloud and co when he was being seized as an experiment sample for Shinra Company's scientist Hojo, and traveled with them. In actuality he is a child who was overdoing pretending being an adult. Since he solved the misunderstanding with his Father which was the source of him overreaching himself, he stopped his inappropriate age behavior.

I found Nanaki's interesting because
A. They're no longer pretending he's the last of his kind like previous profiles of him have done
B. I didn't realize he was pretending to be an adult... that's weird.

roku

Pro Adventurer
Interview Translation, Part II
Once again, courtesy of ujhbn from DF.

■■??@???(Alt)■■: F1156 PSP 「??????012???????????」 [????]

Now, this is the interview from Famitsu, skipped stuff that's not interesting or had already covered in the Dengeki one:

New map:
- The top floor of Pandemonium have a lot of crystals, which are all breakables. In this game, all attacks' knock back distance are extended, it feels so cool to break lots of crystals in one blow. While Prima Vista is the opposite, there is nothing breakable in the stage.
- The top floor of Pandemonium is just a flat surface when without the crystals, pick this stage if you want a simple battle.
- There's no banish trap in Prima Vista. You can see something similar to FF9's view on the other side, sunset, streets etc.

Interview
- Prishe could be seen in the trailer. She is a hand to hand fighter like Tifa, but with a completely different concept.

- At the end of the trailer, that character finally arrives. (you know who )
- He is a character that, from his motion/gesture to his dialog, are all very funny/interesting. I would like to show these to you all as early as possible.
- is that it for the whole cast? (laugh)

Original Quest
- could be set very detailed, even contains exclusive win/lose conditions, e.g. win in 3 mins, instant lose upon a wall rush. Original Rules could also be made and used outside quest mode (I think this means could be used on normal free battles), settings include: adjusting Map BRV, EX Gauge gaining "difficulty", critical rate etc.

Party Battle
- 5v5 + jobs
- there will be a lot of jobs, including advanced jobs. For example, if you have win with a White Mage and a Warrior, you will get a Paladin bonus on your next match. Winning or Losing will decide which advanced job to be activated.

Discuss.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'm having a hard time visualising any Dissidia character being assigned any class, like Paladin Kefka.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Gilgamesh, Jecht, Golbez, Garland and Gabranth. Manly knights. GGGRRAAAAHH!!

Also I hope they tweaked something for ExDeath, he's practically awesome if you know how to use him. Been grinding him ever since I found out about the useful blocks :B

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Gilgamesh, Jecht, Golbez, Garland and Gabranth. Manly knights. GGGRRAAAAHH!!

Also I hope they tweaked something for ExDeath, he's practically awesome if you know how to use him. Been grinding him ever since I found out about the useful blocks :B

Apparently he can cancel almost any attack into one of his Blocks now, and Reverse Polarity comboing into Hurricane has been seen. He also has Malestrom as a new HP attack, and Mid and Low Block are gone, three new Block attacks have taken their place. All in all, from what I've read Exdeath will not longer be the grinding punching bag we took for granted in the original game.

Check the 3rd trailer at about 2:05. THAT is the new Exdeath, and that one small clip terrifies me.

kyrt

Lv. 25 Adventurer
If the PSP2 is any indication I think we can all expect to see a Dissidia 11 or Dissidia Sequel in the future. The game makes money. SE has shown time and time again that if they get money from something they like to milk it for all its worth.

I will say I am disappointed by the announcement of Quest DLC. They will most likely charge for this DLC and it is probably not going to be worth the price they set. If this content were to be free they would not have made it DLC content. Still the fact they are trying is nice...I just hope they don't rip everyone off with a price for this DLC (if it is even worth it in the first place).

So no announcement on the full roster? Anyone have any idea when more info may come out on this?

Did anyone else ever think that Tidus and Yuna are getting screwed over? Hell if Tidus continues fighting in Dissidia he will actually be in existence and yet if he wins he returns to nothingness. Why the hell would they want Dissidia to end? ...assuming of course the ffx-2 events have not yet conspired (hence the summoner outfit). Do we have any indication on when these events take place in the storyline of FFX or FFX-2?

Exdeath: No longer a character to annoy the hell out of people but a character that can annoy the hell out of people and do damage at the same time. From what I've seen and heard I do believe they have managed to tweak the exdeath character into perfection.

"He is a character that, from his motion/gesture to his dialog, are all very funny/interesting. I would like to show these to you all as early as possible." - who is this?

also what the hell does the laugh mean from the interview? Was that a No or a Yes?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Did anyone else ever think that Tidus and Yuna are getting screwed over? Hell if Tidus continues fighting in Dissidia he will actually be in existence and yet if he wins he returns to nothingness. Why the hell would they want Dissidia to end? ...assuming of course the ffx-2 events have not yet conspired (hence the summoner outfit). Do we have any indication on when these events take place in the storyline of FFX or FFX-2?

I am of the mind that when Tidus returns to his world, it's at the end FFX-2. So the original Dissidia takes place during FFX2. That's how I thought of it anyways :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Same. That's how I came to see Dissidia. While he was fighting in the realm of the gods, X-2 had transpired. It makes sense with how he left the world and reawakened again in Spira assuming Dissidia is tied to the rest of the FF worlds.

Top Bottom