The seven best FMVs in the Final Fantasy series

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This is the second part of a continuing series, called "The Seven", here on The Lifestream. If you saw the first, you will know how this works: I ask you, the community, to nominate up to seven of your favourite something from the Final Fantasy series. In this case, I'm looking for your favourite FMVs. After a few weeks have passed, I'll count up the nominations and make a front page article out of them. If you say something interesting about the chosen FMVs, you'll be quoted in the article :)

Apparently I wasn't clear enough in my instructions last time, so here they are in concise form:

• Nominate up to seven of your favourite FMVs from the Final Fantasy series.
  • Make sure to explain why you have chosen each one - for example, are the graphics impressive, or is it important to the story? If it stirs some emotions in you, what are they?
  • Please nominate your seven favourites even if some of them have already been nominated - otherwise I won't know which ones are the most popular!
I realise that most FMVs don't have names, so you can just describe them and say which game they're from - you are not restricted to Final Fantasy VII this time - or find a Youtube video and post that. You can add nominations and change your mind at any time before the article is published. I'll post my own choices later.

Thanks to AvecAloes for this category idea :)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
These are in no particular order:

1) Sapphire Weapon Attack: FFVII
This one always made the hairs on the back of my head stand up, the music is pretty powerful and we see how Shinra, specifically Rufus are not going to back down from a fight. I used to watch this one over and over even though it meant replaying from my last save (this was in the days before Youtube!)

2) Dollet Landing FFVIII
Another sea scene. Again I just love the music, it really gets you juiced up to take on whatever is coming, which is ironic as the mission itself is a little dull - just ask Seifer!

3) Sephiroth meets his 'Mummy' FFVII

Short but sweet, this one stands out because it's the first time we see big bad Sephiroth in FMV, the second character to be shown this way (after Aerith in the opening sequence)

Im being attacked by the baby now so ill finish this later :monster:

Sapphire Weapon's attack on Junon. FFVII.
I never get tired of watching this. I've lost count of the number of times I've watched it and it still sends shivers up my spine. It is one of the moments I look forward to the most in the entire game. The lighting is beautiful, the animation is beautiful, the timing of the whole set piece is impeccable - especially with the apparent succeess of the first shot, followed by the revelation of its failure, followed by panic, followed by the shock when the Sister Ray blows its head off at the last moment, a shock which is hardly lessened at all by repeated viewings. I don't think anything could improve this FMV, not even updated graphics. It's perfect.

Ghost X

In no particular order.

1) Bahamut VS Alexander in FFIX: Self explanatory, no? Summons pew-pew-pewing at each other, and castles with angel wings and dazzling shit occurring.

2) Garden battle in FFVIII: Seeing the Gardens crash into each other and seeing a panning shot of SeeD fight against each other, with motorcyles crashing (if I recall correctly) etc. Looks intense n' stuff.

3) Intro of FFVIII: Squall n' Seifer battling each other, fancy scenery and music.

4) The FMV before Cloud and friends escapes Midgar on motorcycle etc. Self explanatory too. I have no words :P. Good visuals? :P

5) Aerith's death scene. Almost surreal. Especially if you're not expecting it. Tragic. Powerful music etc.

6) Intro FMV of FFXII: Nice scenery and music and sets the story going well.

7) Vayne's transformation into his final form at the end of FFXII. Looks pretty badass.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I have limited exposure to the rest of Final Fantasy and here are my picks in no particular order

Aerith's water burial
Advent Children FFVII ending (the meteor vs holy is awesome)
FFVIII Opening
Yuna's sending scene
FFX ending
FFXII Intro (tells so much about the story)
Dissidia Opening

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Aerith's death scene. Its so sudden and unexpected the first time that it really sticks as a powerful experience.

The FFVIII opening. It really says a lot about how well this scene is made that even knowing the clash between Seifer and Squall is just training it feels like an epic duel. The other scenes mixed in add to this feeling as well as hinting at things to come.

Kuja destroying Terra. The music and the visuals of this scene combine to create an incredible atmosphere that even other FF titles rarely match. It highlights how powerful and unstable Kuja has become at this point, and leaves no doubt who the true villian is.

Yuna's first sending in FFX. The music combined with the visuals serves to make this scene both eerie and beautiful. Tidus' own narraion really sells it.

Saohire WEAPON attacking Junon. It really is hard to describe it beyond saying how amazingly the action is presented. The music is one of Nobuo's finest tracks in my opinion, and makes the whole scene even more memorable than it already was. From a narrative standpoint it did a lot to illustrate how powerful the WEAPONs were, and what it would take to beat them.

The ending to FFVII. All the elements blend together to create a visual masterpiece that defied the limitations of the day, and created a powerful experience that was both satisfying as an ending, but vague enough to let you make your own interpretation about what happened next.

The evil forest being petrified in FFIX. This scene might not have made it even with the great music and the desperation of the chase. But Blank's sacrifice makes it so much better. You carry on with the knowledge that no matter how much you accomplish, you never would have made it this far if it hadn't been for that one guy.

Pixel

The Pixie King
1. Saphire Weapon Attack.
Its really the first time you see what they are capable with CG. Up until then was great, but this took it to the next level.

more coming

Splintered

unsavory tart
FFIX: Summoning of Alexander. It's one of my favorite moments in all of gaming really. It's mysterious and chilling, and you're like "holy crap I defeated Bahamut and saved my kingdom." Only makes the destruction that much sadder.

Final Fantasy X: The Sending. I just love The Sending.period. It's gorgeous and I think it captures a lot of what is engrossing about Spira- a spiritual journey (ironic considering...), it's sad and hauntingly beautiful and it shows the emotional strength of Yuna and at that moment you can sort of understand why these people would risk their lives for the journey.

FFVIII opening, the music and action is blood pumping and it really gets you in the mood to figure out what's going and and excited to the play the game.

FFVII: Aerith's death scene for obvious reasons. Even years later it's not just iconic for VII, it's iconic to all of gaming. Her smiling at Sephiroth, the shock of her dying (and how her arms just drop to her sides holy crap), and then her theme playing at the end.

Final Fantasy XII: Opening. It's en epic journey in of itself. It's literally a wedding, a war, and a funeral and sets up the story and mood of XII quite nicely.

Final Fantasy XIII: Invasion of Eden. One of the great things about RPGS, at least imo, is that it takes time with their characters. You get to see the crap kicked out of them, dragged through the mud, and then after all of that, you get that one moment where they all band together, dust themselves off, and ready to kick ass. In VII I consider it the parachuting of Shinra and in X I think it's the Wedding. Here it's when they decide to say "fuck it" and storm Eden. It's all flashy and everyone here is confident, along with the incredibly ironic opening speech by Cid Raines.

FFXIV: Sometimes I remember Final Fantasy XIV and how turdy it was and laugh. Then I think they are remaking it and I think why bother. But then I get curious and check out what's going on and see how Yoshida and his team are working their asses off and say I can't fault them for that.

So then this video launched and I was like holy shit this almost tricks me into wanting to play the game. Good on you Yoshida, you have set my nerd brain on fire with what a real FF war would look like. And the epic music by Uematsu doesn't hurt one bit.

AvecAloes

Donator
Turns out I don't know what any of these are called, haha. They are in no particular order, really. Actually, they're probably in chronological order, now that I think about it...

The evil forest becoming petrified - FFIX : This scene is great at getting your heart pumping as you watch your party and their friends running for their lives first from the horror of the forest creatures, then from the death of the forest itself. The sacrifice of Blank is made even more poignant by the glimpse we see of him after the entire forest has been petrified - what was once a lively friend of Zidane's is now frozen in stone, and as a first time player, you don't know at the time whether he's going to be like that forever or not.

The scene where the Black Waltz attacks the airship - FFIX : Ugh, watching Vivi witness the death of these "people" who resemble him is just heartbreaking. Here is a poor kid who doesn't know really who he is, what he is, where he belongs, and he sees a bunch of people who look like him, who might hold some answers, being wantonly destroyed before his very eyes.

The airship barely making it through the gate - FFIX : Then of course I have to follow the previous scene with this one - Black Waltz is coming at the airship again as the heroes make a harrowing dash for the gate. We see Vivi standing alone, staring dejectedly at one of the black mage's hats which got caught on a piece of the ship. Black Waltz flies in front of the airship, poises for attack, and BAM! Vivi snaps out of his gloom and confusion long enough to send a blast of fire at the Black Waltz, throwing the Black Waltz off course and taking all of Vivi's energy. Then the airship barely makes it through the gate as Black Waltz is attempting another strike - awesome.

The destruction of Cleyra - FFIX : Odin rides straight down towards Cleyra, throws his spear into the center of the tree city, rampant destruction ensues, Brahne looks on in awe. She looks as though she's completely taken aback by the power that she now wields, and her maniacal grin at the end is just so, so...well, you really want to go after her after watching this one.

Atomos wrecking Lindblum - FFIX : Again, we watch helplessly as Brahne gleefully watches Atomos suck people, houses, furnishings, and whatever else it can take in into its gaping maw. Garnet having to watch from afar makes it that much worse.

Bahamut destroying Alexandria's fleet - FFIX : Such satisfaction - watching Bahamut turn unexpectedly on Brahne, giving her just what she deserved
although she somehow, despite being right in front of Bahamut somehow managed to get to her escape pod, living long enough to make 'amends' with Garnet - bah! I always hated that. I would have much rather she just died in Bahamut's inferno.

Silver Dragons vs. Airship fleet - FFIX : Silver dragons pouring out of the rift. Oh crap oh crap oh crap. Then seeing the airships rising from the clouds to combat them, cannons firing, dragons exploding - bitching. I love when one of the dragons tries to dive bomb the Invincible and just bounces off, haha. Not to mention that one of my absolute FF songs plays during this FMV :)

There are SO MANY other FMVs that I absolutely adore...but I'm limited to 7, and as you can probably tell, I'm participating in the community playthrough of IX, so these are all fresh in my head...but really, there are at least two from X that I'd love to include, as well as one from XIII, and of course any of the Shinra vs. Weapons...ugh!

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
The Landing on Dollet from FFVIII. An epic scene, with epic music to accompany it.

Also, opera scene from FVI(PS version, since that's the one it's an FMV in)

And do FMVs from spin-offs count? If so, Zack's death from CC. Way sadder than Aerith's IMO.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
In no particular order:

Odin Destroys Cleyra

Odin is pretty badass no matter his appearance, but something about galloping straight down at Cleyra is so awesome and unspeakably terrifying.

Seymour Summons Anima

Oh man, this scene. Anima looks NOTHING like the Aeons you've seen thus far, what with an anchor dragging this terrible creature out of Hell, and this is your first glimpse at just how powerful they can be. Not quite on the scale of IX's Eidolons, but still, it wrecks all the fiends in the stadium. But why does it seem to cause it pain, you're made to wonder It's eye bleeds at the end. Also, if you still haven't somehow begun to figure out Seymour's alignment, this is likely to give you some serious doubts. Despite the fact that he's saving the spectators.

Sister Ray Fired, Diamond Weapon Destroyed

Nothing's better than a really big gun of course, but the lengths the scene goes to establish the size of the undertaking are great. First, all eight reactors kick on at full power, and feed every ounce of power into the cannon. I love how the entire city goes dark to fire it. Then you get the typical anime-style really powerful gun absorbs stuff from the air for whatever reason. But then I love how it shows what a rush job it was to put the cannon on Midgar and how nothing was done to brace the gun or the city. All the windows blow out, the scaffolding is badly damaged. It's quite a contrast to how battle-ready the city of Junon was, and a reflection of how much more desperate Shinra is.

FFVIII Opening Scene
{Posted by Splintered}

The best opening scene in the series, bar none. Helped, no doubt, by that incredibly tense, climactic song. A lot of foreshadowing goes on here, of course nothing you'll get at all until having played the game, but it's fun in retrospect. And it's fun piecing things together, especially as you are introduced to characters featured in the scene. And, of course, it's a sweet fight scene, probably Square's first. Showing the use of magic and gunblades. Also the feather turning into the sword was a nice touch.

Welcome to Gran Pulse

Best FMV in XIII, easy. And it is absolutely gorgeous. The view of Pulse is pretty stunning, both from high up and when they're flowing low to the ground. It's such a drastic change of scenery from Cocoon with a wide open, untamed wilderness (also signalling the point where the game opens up). But it also wastes no time showing why Pulse is something to be feared. That giant ugly Fal'Cie comes for them immediately.
And the way Fang and Lightning summon Bahamut is freakin sweet.

Breaking through South Gate

I've loved this scene ever since I was a kid. It's just so exciting, nothing like a good old fashioned chase scene. And it's made better by the chase of two pretty pedestrian airships by FF standards. Furthermore, any use of magic outside of battle is always welcome to me and you get to see Vivi stick it to Black Waltz, having just watched what happened to the dolls.
The derpy look on Black Waltz's face before it blows up is a little hokey and I could do without it, but that's FF9 for you ("F your consistent tone!") :monster:

Sephiroth vs Genesis vs Angeal

Yeah, yeah, you hate Genesis, I know. But this an awesome scene all the same. It does nice story stuff like exhibit the nature of their relationship and everything, but it really does establish Sephiroth and unequivocally their superior. He's clearly having fun and Genesis, with the use of magic can hold is own. And, on that note, it's nice to see A)someone in the Compilation using magic in cutscene and B) not simply casting a spell, but using it and manipulating it. Not only with the fire spell, but powering up his sword (Elemental? merely a limit move?) But then when you see Sephiroth really turn it on, and there's no question, as he slices the cannon into ribbons, effortlessly - indeed, as collateral damage.
We all have preconceived notions about Sephiroth going in, but going in without those, it does a pretty good job portraying that you don't screw with Sephiroth lightly, something a first-time player would surely have in mind when it comes time to fight him in Nibelheim.

It's hard to get a decent Crisis Core cut scene that doesn't feature Genesis, alas.

I agree that the battle scene between the three SOLDIERs is really amazing - mostly because I love Junon, bathed in the reddish-gold light of its perpetual sunset - and probably to blame for a lot of the Genesis badfic. I like it when he plants the Firaga right in Angeal's face! He's such a git.

I'd also like to nominate the opening sequence from Crisis Core:

I like how it echoes the opening of FFVII while at the same time doing a great job of establishing Zack's character.

Out of fan loyalty I additionally nominate the scene with Reno and Rude flying over the wasteland in their helicopter searching for Zack, on the grounds that everyone likes to look at Reno.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
FFIX-Destruction of Cleyra- On my very first playthrough in 2009-2010 ish, I was like "Ohhh yea, Odin is coming to help me" I was tricked.:'(

FFIXV-End of an Era- The music combined with the look on everyone's faces when Bahamut emerges is just amazing.

FFXIII-2 Ending- This is my favorite ending in the series, because everybody got played, Serah, Noel, and even the players. Everything seemed fine then WAM!! sh*t hits the fan, I feel that Caius was taunting everyone when Noel finally remembers what Caius told him about "The Heart Of Chaos".:muhaha::muhaha::muhaha:

FFIX Kuja leaves Burmecia- Kuja looking down at the defeated heroes screams "you're lower/beneath than me"

Galbadia vs Balamb- I was in awe as a kid when this huge battle commenced, I love the part when you have to run across the field as SeeDs and Galbadians fight in the background(poor bike rider gets cross lined)

FFVIII Opening- As a kid I used to think that Edea sent Squall his Gunblade. I love when an image of Seifer(from the Parade) suddenly appears to me it scream badass.

FFVI Anthology- I love that specific version of "Aria Di Mezzo Carattere" simply because of the "Dancing Mad" part.

Bonus

FF Type-0 Opening- I love when Odin shows up like a beast and just destroys everyone along with Class Zero plus the FREAKING music.

FFX-2 1000 Words- I forgot all this one, I was humming the song atwork. I loved how it showed the story between Lenne & shuyin and ultimately made the people of Spira stop being dumbasses

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Late, but I promised myself I'd do this so here we go:

Aerith's face at the end is one of the most perfect moments in the entire game. To this day it still gives me shivers - it's a perfect throwback to the opening, and although we were originally left to wonder what had happened in the story it does a good job of coming full circle in a way. The music is perfect. From 9:40 onwards is my favourite section.

All of the FMV's in this sequence are phenomenal, and IMO should be considered as one. But in particular the part where the Galbadian students fire across on motorcycles, it's just a phenomenal point in the game and where the story really cranks it up. This might be my favourite section of the whole game.

This is another one that's several FMV's, but they don't make sense without one another IMO. The way Eiko and Garnet summon Alexander is amazing, and so is Alexander itself. Beautiful.

This is a special scene for obvious reasons. Essentially coming to terms with her grief and a "growing up" moment - it's a perfect example of how to convey a scene without having to use voices. Although I personally preferred her with long hair :D.

It's just that awesome halfway point - similar to Battle of the Gardens, where everything kicks up. I love this sequence.

This might be the best ending FMV out of them all. The emotion from the music, Tidus and Yuna and well... you know what happens. ;-;.

This has become one of my favourite FMV's to watch altogether. Aside from being breathtakingly beautiful, it also represents the party's "let's go kick ass" moment. Brilliant.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm going with the openng to Dissidia for reasons I explained way back when I did the 30 Days of Final Fantasy thing:

----
Really, just watch it. I don't know what more I need to say about it than what it offers you through wathcing it. It's simply fucking epic.

Definitely the best action sequence in all of Final Fantasy, and among the best in all of geekdom. To a Final Fantasy fan, this opening video was like the Holy Grail or Second Coming -- 20 of FF's heaviest hitters ripping up a battlefield (literally) as they took on each other.

The tension mounts so perfectly to the heroes and villains leaping into the fray. Everything about the execution is flawless, from the way the villains' silhouettes come into view through the lava, to the way the heroes look on as their enemies step onto the field (every time Squall slings his gunblade across his shoulder right there, I feel pumped up and ready to fuck up some motherfuckers!), to the way the shallow water around the heroes' feet splashes as they rush forward.

FFX-2 has been called eye candy and vapid fan service, but this for me was the most orgasmic thing ever to appear in a Final Fantasy.

Really, the 10 main heroes and villains of each of the first 10 Final Fantasy games fighting each other -- and, best of all, they're not just focusing on their adversaries from their respective games, but it's actually a mix up of heroes fighting villains from different games (e.g. Squall takes on Sephiroth while Zidane first evades Kefka, then is flung toward Exdeath*by an assist from Tidus).

What more could a Final Fantasy fan ask for?
----

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm sorry for letting this drag on. I've been working a lot in the last couple of weeks, and I haven't really felt like spending all my free time on TLS projects, beyond writing the weekly roundups. But I'm doing it now :)

Here are my seven choices. I'll tally up all the votes and publish an article on the front page tomorrow. This is your last chance to make or alter your nominations, in other words!

Cloud has just given the Black Materia to Sephiroth, and all hell is breaking loose. I've always felt that this FMV gives a strong hint to the player that the rest of the game is going to be completely different from what's gone before. One could say that it's the start of the real crisis for the planet. It's also one of only a handful of FMVs in Final Fantasy VII to pre-render the characters, which looks a lot better than using their field models.

"I'm already so glad I bought this game."

This is two nominations in one - they are the second and third clips in the above video. Both are all about Vivi, the most heroic of all the heroes in Final Fantasy IX. The first sees the third Black Waltz attack the Cargo Ship, destroying much of its cargo, the Black Mages. Vivi doesn't know them, but he already knows that he is like them. The choice of music as they fly off the ship and the look of sadness on Vivi's face is heartbreaking. He looks completely dejected at the start of the second, but still manages to use the last of his strength to fend off the Black Waltz, which is no mean feat, before collapsing. The video is full of excitement and action, while the look on the Black Waltz's face just before he crashes adds a nice touch of humour.

In most Final Fantasy games, the player has to control - let's face it - a bunch of nobodies, trying to save the world against all odds, so it always feels pretty special to have a super-weapon on your side for a change. Alexander's appearance in Final Fantasy IX is brief, but hugely significant. It looks like the castle itself has turned into an Eidolon to protect the city's people. And not just any Eidolon, either, but one that is capable of defeating Bahamut. I have to salute the game designers here.

This is perhaps the most beautiful FMV on my list, but despite that, I really feel the sadness of Kilika's families when I watch it. From the music to the flames changing colour, it's very well executed. The look of astonishment on Tidus's face, accompanied with what a growing admiration of Yuna, matches that of the player, which is pretty much the whole point of his character.

There is a bittersweet feeling to this video. We watch first the end of Sin, then the end of the Aeons, our companions in battle for so long, and then, Tidus. Never mind what you think of him, you can't deny that his last moments with Yuna and his high five with his "old man" are incredibly touching. The voice acting isn't really up to the standard of the rest of the video, but I understand that it's because Square couldn't re-animate the lip movements. It's not a big deal. I think X has my second favourite ending of the series after IX, but most of IX's ending is not shown in FMV.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
ASSAULT ON EDEN
ASSAULT ON EDEN
ASSAULT ON EDEN
ASSAULT ON EDEN
ASSAULT ON EDEN
ASSAULT ON EDEN
ASSAULT ON EDEN

There that's seven

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Okay, I have finally decided.

I chose this one because it's an fmv I watch pretty much every time I play the game. It has great graphics and I love the use of the music, starting with the love theme and then continuing to the main theme. It's so nostalgic too.

This is the first Final Fantasy FMV I've seen, so it would feel stupid not to nominate it. I haven't even played the game and I still love this video, probably because of my inner hopeless romantic.

This because it's just so beautiful.

I just love this seen, probably because of the same reason I love the ending of FFVIII. Though I like this seen storywise as well. Also I love Suteki da ne as a song and it goes well with the scene.

With this I mean just the very beginning of the video. This fmv just somehow stuck in my mind. If I remember correctly, it's the first time you can see sin as a whole, and it's really gigantic and it feels a bit intimidating too. Also at this point Tidus has already accepted the idea that
his father really is sin and that he will have to do one of the hardest decisions of his life.

Because it makes me cry so bad. :'( It is so emotional. And still it's probably the best kind of ending for the whole story, because even though the ending is happy and Spira is saved, it is still sad. Also the declaration of love from Yuna is so powerfull, and even though I know it wasn't in the original version, I kinda prefer it this way.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
This is probably the most notable FMV in all of the Final Fantasy history and perhaps the most notable in all video game history. It's surreal how attached you can get to video game characters, it's what makes these games so special, when Aerith dies it affects you on a emotional level you fele sad and angry even though this person doesn't exist. Aeriths music tops it all off, Such an awesome them.

This is my favorite FMV from FFXIII, it shows all of the L'Cie finally working together as one. The graphics are amazing especially the details on the Eidolons and even though I can't stand the character, Hope really stood out to me in this scene it shows how much he has devolped from whining child to an person ready to fight for what he believes in.

- Yes not the best game ever and putting the whole singing Yuna aside, this was a great introduction to FFX-2, and introduces us to our three main characters. not to mention the graphics for this 2003 game were impressive.

Aww man, the tension whilst watching this, I was on edge throught all of it hoping that they would get there on time. then the sliding down the ropes to Yuna's aid, but ultimately failing and to see the reaction on Tidus's face when they kiss.

An amazing FMV from Crisis Core and although I am yet to play the game I've watched this scene on numerous occasions. It's such a good scene it allows us to see what each person is capable especially Sephiroth as his brief appearence in Advent Children for me didn't show how powerful he truly is (Granted he diced up Shin-Ra HQ pretty badly) but slicing through the Junon canon like it's butter is an awesome feat in its own right.

Just before you are about to enter Memoria you are faced with thousands of dragons. my first thought was "great I'm going to have to battle countless numbers of these" but then in comes Cid on the Hilda Garde and then Beatrix on the Red Rose coming to your aid, you're surprised as much as the characters are. Not only that it shows the two kingdoms of the world uniting to help get you out of a hellish battle.

Our first glimpse at what Sin does to Spira it is such a powerful and emotional scene, Sin destroying Kilka fantastic and heart wrenching scene, you see people get pulled up and thrown around. you see a family sitting on the dock and a child with a blitzball only to see that blitzball at the end. No music is playing during this scene and none is needed, music is there to boost our emotions whether it be sad or angry, none is needed watching this I for one just sat there awestruck and what has just happened, and so early in the game.

Bonus Scene
Right, okay I know this isn't exactly an FMV, but this cutscene is brillaint it shines some light on our mysterious "Leading Man" up until this point all we knew about him was he was a sky pirate with Viera as a partner. we learn so much about him in such a short span, some of it taking us by complete suprise

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I've counted the nominations now. You're welcome to add your preferences to this thread for as long as you like, but I won't take them into consideration for the front page article.

I would, however, like someone who hasn't already voted to act as a tie-breaker. Choose one from this list. First come, first served!

• VIII: Battle of the Gardens
  • IX: Crossing South Gate
  • IX: The Destruction of Cleyra
  • XII: Opening
  • XIII: Assault on Eden

Top Bottom