Final Fantasy V arrives on Vita

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Good news, Final Fantasy fans! Final Fantasy 5 has arrived on Vita, giving you a chance to re-live the 1992 Super NES classic in the palm of your hands! (Well... you can re-live it as it was ported to the original PlayStation, anyway.)

Fans will recognize Final Fantasy 5 as being one of the first game in the series to use the refined job system, with players gaining access to new jobs by collecting crystal shards. They're also likely to recognize the story, which follows traveler Bartz Klauser, as he encounters Princess Lenna and helps investigate King Tycoon's disappearance and the sudden stoppage of the wind.

Final Fantasy V is available now on Vita for $9.99 from the PlayStation Store. If the PSone Classic version's localization issues are too much to gloss over, a version of the game was also released on iOS and Android earlier this year for $15.99.

Source

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
I thought that this was going to be a FF V remake

tumblr_inline_mvv1bo3pOS1r1s0yh.gif

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
It was already available in EU back when PS titles were released for the Vita over here. Bizarre.

Kain Strife

Some Kind of Animator
Looks like FFV Was specifically unavailable on Vita PSN, maybe there was a bug or something.

Final Fantasy fans now have yet another reason to reach for their PS Vita. The PSOne Classic Final Fantasy V is now compatible with the handheld.

Final Fantasy V has been available via PSN for quite some time now, but for some reason it took forever for the game to get Vita support. If you haven’t played the game yet – and given the number of platforms it has been released for, I’d be surprised if you haven’t – you can add it to your collection for $9.99.

Source

Alice

The Persistent Flourish
Hmm. I'd want to pick it up, but PSN PAL titles are still hindered by 50hz, and making a new account to get around that is just inconvenient. That and I'm pretty sure something is off about the PS1 version of FFV. Not just translation - there's something odd about the instruments. A lot of the tracks feel like they're missing something. They're not bad, but still off nonetheless.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
All I want to know is... are the sprites as bad as the iOS version?

Oh wait... FF Anthology... NOPE.

Alice

The Persistent Flourish
To be fair on the smartphone version, everything at least fit together perfectly. There was no inconsistency in the art. FFVI's smartphone version, on the other hand, is a mess of classic art, filtered art and new original art. Sometimes all on the same screen. It doesn't really work.

I guess what I'm saying is, it could have been worse. :monster:

Top Bottom