Kingdom Hearts III

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I found a higher quality trailer (even goes to 1080p, but the 720 looks cleaner too)... on the DisneyJP channel... which kinda doesn't surprise me, since it's probably less compressed than whatever the "DisneyVideoGames" channel uploaded.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

As said before, KH3 will be the conclusion of the Dark Seeker saga. Since it's a return to consoles, which have a less limiting field of view, Nomura wants you to feel the depth capabilities in the new trail. KH is a game with developing action, every game takes it a step further, different challenges and bold new systems. Nomura wants to keep all the different systems in mind when developing a system that stays in line with KH1 and KH2.

Sora's movements have been upgraded, he's much more fluid. They're at an early stage of development so ideas of what kind of elements are up in the air. But he wants to balance RPG elements with action too. Since PS4 has the capabilities, he wants to make use of all the field space and take on large numbers of enemies. He's considering an interactive field space, like rocks crumbling as you scale a mountainside, and enemies being able to climb too. He wants to power up the AI, instead of having them all repeat the same programmed actions like in KH enemies and partner AI alike.

Like in a FF title, you direct Donald and Goofy and they do what you say, but Nomura wants their personalities to reflect in their actions. Since PS4 has such high specs, Nomura wants to utilize as many actions, motions, effects, etc. as possible. Since this is the first numbered title to cross into next gen, you can really feel the evolution of the series. Concerning graphics, he's aiming for a photo realistic representation combined with a tone of each Disney world.

Can't say what worlds will be coming to KH3 yet. There are many that haven't been used yet, and those that repeat will take place in different locations.

When asked if KH3 will make use of Dual Shock 4, Nomura responds that KH3's development isn't as far as FF15's, still deciding things. When asked about corresponding features with tablet and PS Vita, Nomura says of course he's considering external device correspondance. But he's still considering ideas at the moment. While the PS4 offers a lot of possibilities, there are a lot of things to worry about too. But he wants to put in as many elements as he can.

When asked what he thought of the PS4, Nomura jokingly said he thought it was overkill. When asked if the FF15 and KH3 teams effect one another, he says that seeing what each other is doing inspires them to work harder.

When asked if something will happen after the conclusion of the Dark Seeker Saga, Nomura said, it's a Disney title too, so he can only speak for himself, but he does ideas for characters and developments that take place afterward. Maybe sometime there will be a chance to talk about that, but for now the focus is on developing KH3 to completion. He wants to put out KH3 quickly.

Lastly, as a message to fans, he says that the power of expression has surpassed the past titles and that the play depth is greater. Everyone is working their hardest so that fans can get their hands on it quickly, so please look forward to future developments.

Translation by sqexgal

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
tumblr_mup7nioyC81spfzato1_1280.png

HD Screenshot, really awesome :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
If it was just another Simple and Clean remix I don't think I'd complain at all, love it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Eh, I call shenanigans and how companies always insist that they be the ones to make announcements. I bet she's involved.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Does Ishimoto write the tune, then Utada writes the lyrics, or is it completely Utada Hikaru?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I couldn't remember which one kept being remixed.

I remember there was a "remix" of Sanctuary after all, the "after the battle" version used in the ending. The one I had in mind was the "PlanitB remix" which also exists.

Anyway, no further remixes have been made, they just kept reusing the versions of songs already used for KH1 and 2 without further alterations.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I'm pretty sure they reused that song from the loading screen of KH1. In any case, that song was around long before BBS was.

I was kind of bummed, since I was looking forward to BBS the most and wanted a new song.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Tetsuya Nomura:

"These attractions, which is currrently in development, are the evolution of KH3D's Flowmotion and they can be selected according to particular enemies. These are a small portion of these new elements."

"In Kingdom Hearts 3, Sora learns three new abilities. Two of which are special abilities and one that changes the Keyblade. It has the motif of Disney attractions, the Keyblade changes differently depending which Keyblade is equipped, and the special abilities, evolved from KH3D's flowmotion, are activated depending which enemy it is."

"We are working diligently to brush up 2.5 much more than 1.5."

"The trailer we showed of Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't its true quality and we will continue to update it. Sora has three new skills and they are categorized into two parts: Changing the Keyblade's form and abilities that reflect attractions. The Keyblade style changes according to the Keyblade equipped."

Source

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Sora uses It's a Small World Key Blade

The music makes all enemies' heads explode instantly

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It’s a privilege to be apart of today’s event, the first D23 Expo Japan. The last time I stood in front of fans was for the premier presentation of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, so it’s been a long time. I was moved by everyone’s excited response. If I have the chance I’d like to do this sort of thing again.

I wanted to put out the information for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 and Kingdom Hearts 3 quickly for those who couldn’t attend, so we made the trailer public online. Since they’re both still in production, the trailers are short, but I hope that fans enjoy them. We are brushing up Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 even more that 1.5, even the staff is doing their best to improve it as much as possible.

Also, this is the first time that KH3 was shown using in-engine footage, but it’s not in a condition where viewers can fully grasp it. We’re going to improve the quality much more still after this. In the trailer you see 3 of Sora’s new moves, and they demonstrate the 2 attack systems, the first being Keyblade transformation. The Keyblade transformation is different for each Keyblade, and the battle style changes as well.

The second is the Disney attraction inspired Attraction Flow. Attraction Flow is an evolution of Kingdom Hearts 3D’s Flowmotion. With Attraction Flow, you can choose which move you want to use against which enemies on the spot, and even during an enemy outbreak you control Sora’s attacks. These new actions are just a fraction of Kingdom Hearts 3′s new components, so please wait for information hereafter.

http://sqex.info/

Top Bottom