Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
tumblr_mzshq4ErgS1rd83duo1_1280.jpg

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I sucked at mine, but I wanted to make sure the demo was under an hour because my HD capture was being a memory hog :monster:

Also I didn't unlock anything and should have talked to the people more, but the shops weren't loading for some reason.

Does the demo really end at 6am? Or is it just server scores...

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The demo ends at 6am based on the game world's clock. If you haven't completed it by then it's over and you have to start again.

Mwynn

Tenderness
The social features are funner than I thought.

Also my friend posted this on Twitter and I've been laughing for 10 years
BemIlF8CAAEy9Bc.jpg

"Lightning is making a good soup"

Fangu

Great Old One
I've been searching PSN for ten minutes now but I can't find shit X(

Edit: Nevermind, you need to go to Exclusives and Demos. That's the only way to find it apparently.

AvecAloes

Donator
I played the Japanese demo when it dropped, and I want to play the English version SO HARD, but this stupid move is eating all of my tiiiiiiiiiime. All of it. Om nom nom. Except for the last 5 minutes I've been staring at the computer...

Fangu

Great Old One
Oh fuck me the noises from the menu just gave me major flashback chills

Also I need to mention I'm playing this in a dark room on a 2.2 meter (7 ft) wide screen

ORGAAASSSMM

Edit: Okay, so... I'm not jumping for joy - that's the outfit's fault. It's all too 'dress up Barbie' for me. They could have stayed with the Paradigm Shifts, sorry, ...whatever they call'em, without changing outfits on her. That's just too dumb. But I like how I didn't miss having a party, the thought didn't even cross my mind, and I thought it would. I also like the pace of it all, so yeah, +1 for battle system. What I don't like, however, is how you can't jump unless it's from a platform. Haha. Found that to be lame, somehow. I also hope there's something to be revealed about this Lumina character because she seemed to be made for a teenage audience, and a teenage audience only. Snow looks good, and it was really nice having his English VA back.

Overall - meh, it looks good enough, I'll play it - probably has some nice surprises in it. I'm far from overwhelmed, but it'll do.

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I downloaded the demo this morning. Gonna play that tonight.

Lex

Administrator
1622185_798544093495815_406191753_n.jpg

Is this bad for a first attempt?

I REALLY need to get used to the battle system, I miss the stagger bar. And this whole Libra with R2 and "stagger conditions" thing is definitely going to take some getting used to. I don't mind the Schema switching but knowing the right combination and stuff is going to be a nightmare.

Also, how the frak does levelling work?

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
You do quests and get stats :awesome:

It's not that bad actually, I did worse on the JP demo like zero or one stars :awesome: Got 5 stars/107'000~ on English demo first time though. Think that's cause I have some more idea of what I'm doing now because of JP experiences. Could do better but haven't tried yet. Demo feels kind of limiting/limited when you already have the JP game :monster:

Eh I dunno, I find the jumping fun. I like to jump up and down, round and round in a spinny, just because :pinkmonster:

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
Isamu Kamikokuryo is one of my role models artistically. Would you say this game is worth buying to experience a breathing world he made? Is this game worth getting at all, do you finally feel like a badass like Lightning was in the 2006 trailer?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I am wary of Outer world... I know they say they ban spoiler content but I still don't trust other gamers not to post spoiler content.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
^This.

I liked the demo well enough, found the amount of different bars in the HUD difficult to keep track of at points. Opening cutscene with
Lightning and Snow's fight was pretty cool.

I remember Eurogamer complained that the graphics looked murky and blurred but I thought they looked quite spiffy and sharp.

Demo still has me looking forward to the game so I reckon I'll enjoy it once it's out

Top Bottom