Help get Aerith's Theme into ClassicFM's Hall of Fame!

Lex

Administrator
OMG you guys, there's a Video Game Special happening right now on ClassicFM!!!

Go here.

Just finished listening to some Uematsu compositions, Splinter Cell is on right now. Wow, this is really cool. Loving it!

A note: users outside the UK might be blocked. You can get around this by using a free program called HotSpotShield, that's how I used to watch TV episodes on the American Hulu site from the UK.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
"Final Fantasy series (soundtrack)" has come third in this year's Classic FM Hall of Fame. I didn't hear about any campaign for it this time around, but there must have been one, because that's mighty impressive.

Lex

Administrator
Yeah it was the same campaign as last year. Skyrim music was in there aswell :monster:

Novus

Pro Adventurer
Wowe that's good. Perhaps now people will understand why inclusion of Leona Lewis is a complete mockery of the series integrity. Great job everyone. Haven't listened to Skyrim's ost to be fair, but you know what, I'm going to listen to it now.

Lex

Administrator
Actually, that song fit incredibly well with the ending of FFXIII. Don't get me wrong, I outraged with the rest of FF internets when it was announced, but in game I think it was pretty fantastic. And when you consider the fact that lyrically it somehow more closely relates to the story than the Japanese version, it's a bit of a mindfuck.

"My Hands" is also not actually a bad song. In the wider context of music from FFXIII, it's quite close to the top of the list.

Novus

Pro Adventurer
"My Hands" is also not actually a bad song. In the wider context of music from FFXIII, it's quite close to the top of the list.

Hardly Lark Ascending, 9th symphony good though aye? Although I guess a lot of people will say that about FF being in the list to begin with. I have to guess the list is about the compositions standing individually, excluding the games themselves.
I'm surprised its ranked so high to be honest, usually with lists they start newer entries out far behind and use time as a measuring skill of quality (however long they're still important to its listeners).

edit; btw the fb comments suggest it is a specific piece of music chosen, but for the life of me I can't work out what it is.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
It's Aerith's theme. And it ranked so high because they used an online voting system :monster:

Aerith's theme is a nice piece, but there are far better compositions from VII IMO.

Novus

Pro Adventurer
Thanks, well they listed it as Final Fantasy Soundtrack and not simply 'Aerith's theme' so I guess they knew what they were doing.
I was under the impression the fans got it there, but I also thought that might have been to get it attention and the pros then sorted the list via their own musical wisdom.

Last edited:

Pixel

The Pixie King
Voting is now open for this years Classic FM Hall of Fame

Thanks to our amazing community, last year, the music from our beloved Final Fantasy Series (composed by Nobuo Uematsu) stormed to third place in Classic FM’s Hall of Fame! And we weren’t alone; Bethesda’s The Elder Scrolls Series was also recognised in the poll, coming in at No 5.

Great music is great music, regardless of the medium – so this year, we’re asking our fans to unite once again and vote for your favourite contemporary composition in video games!

What is the Classic FM Hall of Fame? Well, it’s the definitive poll of the world's classical music tastes. Our voices were well and truly heard last year, but let’s try and go one further. Could we get Final Fantasy to #1? Or perhaps help get Yoko Shimomura (for Kingdom Hearts) in the mix!

Voting is easy, just head on over to halloffame.classicfm.com, and type the details of the piece of music or composer you'd like to vote for in the box provided, then click submit! If your favourite isn't listed, follow the instructions to type it in manually.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/vote-classic-fm-hall-fame

Lex

Administrator
They're voting for Aerith's theme again? FFS guys come on, almost every other orchestral render from the game is better from a technical standpoint ;-;

Top Bottom