• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Community playthrough game nominations (July 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Now that the Final Fantasy VII community relay is over, it's time to start thinking about our next community playthrough, which we've traditionally held twice a year. The last one, Chrono Trigger, started in January, so this one will start in July, and it will be a Final Fantasy game.

The following paragraph is copied straight from the previous nomination thread, so feel free to skip it if you know how a community playthrough works. :monster:

If you haven't taken part in a community playthrough before, the idea is that lots of our members play through a specific game at (roughly) the same time. A small portion of the game, called a chapter, will be assigned every few days / every week, and you can play it at any time, or join in with a Skype call where we all play it together. After you have played, you can post about your experiences and join in with discussion about the game. It doesn't matter whether you're a first-time player a seasoned veteran or anything in between - everyone is welcome to join in!

You, the community, get to decide which game we play. You can nominate any game with the words "Final Fantasy" in its title, providing the game has a story, a clear beginning and end, and a save function. In other words, the game doesn't have to be from the main numbered series, but some spin-offs are out.

Nominations will be open until Sunday the 21st of June, after which we'll have a poll to decide which game to play. The games with the most nominations will make it onto the poll. Last time around, three nominations was enough for a game to qualify, but it may be higher or lower this time. You can make as many nominations as you want, but please only nominate the games you would like to play for this event. Don't nominate a game just because you think everyone else should play it.

You don't have to make all your nominations at once. If you decide to add some later, please make a new post rather than editing your previous one.

I'll start us off by nominating Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Tactics. :)

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I nominate Final Fantasy IX (yes, I know this has been done before, but I joined TLS after this started), X and XIII.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Anything but IV (since I have recently completed it) and X-2 (since I started playing the X Remaster).

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Just a note that if anything longer than about 10 hours gets nominated, I probably won't play it. I tend to lose interest in games after a very short time these days.

Anyway, I nominate Super Metroid. Again.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
To the people nominating non-Final Fantasy games: good job reading to the end of the first paragraph. :P

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
If I had wanted to play a Final Fantasy game, I would've nominated a Final Fantasy game. Really, if enough people on this board want to do a community playthrough of something that isn't Final Fantasy, I don't think it's fair to say they can't do it :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
That's a valid opinion, but personally, I think that since we're a Final Fantasy site, we should play at least one Final Fantasy game each year. That's what I'm organising; you're free to organise a Super Metroid playthrough whenever you want. :)

Lex

Administrator
IIRC this was a decision made back when the previous voting round happened anyway. I'm sure we said voting would be limited to FF only next time if a non-FF title won, and Chrono Trigger won.

I nominate Crisis Core. And Dirge I guess, but DoC has already been nominated.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I think it's only fair and Flint does have a valid point. Personally, I would've joined in last time, but sadly I didn't have Chrono Trigger and am quite hoping to join this time (my participation in FFVIII was terrible, I never finished!).

And as much as this devastates me, I'd like to also nominate Crisis Core. :sigh:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I don't have any nominations that haven't been named already, but when it comes to the voting I'd give my vote XIII. Would be interesting for me to play through it a second time and review it with the community. I'd be up for that. :awesomonster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The more nominations a game gets, the more certain it is to make it onto the poll (though since we're only picking Final Fantasy games, it might be that every game makes it), so you might as well nominate whatever you're interested in playing. I'll count that as a nomination for XIII already. :)

Lex

Administrator
Why not just put everything that's been nominated on the poll? I feel pretty certain that people haven't nominated some games because they've already been nominated.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I feel pretty certain that people haven't nominated some games because they've already been nominated.
Then they should have read my opening post. :P It was exactly the same in January: 26 games were nominated, 11 made it onto the poll (top 10 plus ties). I don't remember anyone objecting to it back then.

I'm pretty sure two nominations will be enough for a game to get onto the poll this time. That shouldn't be too difficult. And if the nominations were to close now, every game would make it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom