TheLifeStream.Net Podcast - Episode 2 Discussion Thread

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
RemakePodcast.png

TheLifeStream.Net Podcast

Episode 2​
E3 Roundup and Final Fantasy VII Remake Survey

It's the second episode of TheLifeStream.Net Podcast! Join Flintlock, Imperator Furiosa, Lex, and vaderSW1 as they go on a mythical journey into all things Final Fantasy!

In this episode we briefly discuss some current Final Fantasy (and related) news:

• Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae 2.0
  • New Kingdom Hearts III trailer from E3
  • World of Final Fantasy (E3 announcement)
  • Final Fantasy VII PS4 port delay
  • iOS port of Final Fantasy VII
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained Key (E3 announcement)
  • Final Fantasy Portal App (E3 announcement)
  • New Final Fantasy Adventure/Legend of Mana game
  • Tetsujin's "On the Way to a Remake" Retrospective

Then we move into our main topic of discussion as we go over the results of Flintlock's Final Fantasy VII Remake survey!

This episode's Question for the Listenership:

Has the announcement of the Final Fantasy VII Remake dulled your feelings towards Final Fantasy XV?

Email us at [email protected] or reply to the episode post on TheLifeStream.Net forums and let us know!

We want to hear from you! Send your questions, feedback, and episode topic suggestions to us at [email protected]. You can also reply to the episode posts for each episode on TheLifeStream.Net forums. Not registered yet? Just visit http://www.thelifestream.net/forums and become a member! Also, please leave us feedback on iTunes! We will do our best to read your questions, comments, and feedback on air!

Total Run Time: 1:13:58

Music appearing on this podcast is courtesy of the following:

"Take a Chance" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

"Discovery Hit" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

WARNING! Explicit content.

Lex's recommended reaction video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT_FTIBfgaw#t=45

Special thanks to Flintlock for the episode artwork!

Check it out at the link below or subscribe to us on iTunes so you never miss an episode!

The LifeStream.Net Podcast - Episode 2

*EDITORS NOTE* Sorry for the lateness of the posting of the show. I've been very sick for the last few days. Still battling a very nasty upper respiratory infection. I very much hope you guys enjoy this.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Needs a featured image Vader!!!!!

EDIT: I went ahead and added it for you. I didn't have the image anywhere but then I noticed you put one in your post there so it's all good :). Good job on the article, I'll give it a listen when I can.

vaderSW1

Needs a featured image Vader!!!!!

It has one. For some reason I can't seem to get it to show up on the post. I didn't do anything differently than I have for the last several shows. I'm working on figuring it out.

*EDIT* Well now it seems to be showing up just fine. Must have been a bug in the system or something.

Lex

Administrator
When I went in to add the featured image, there wasn't one set. It may just have borked. Remember it's a seperate box at the bottom right of the edit page :)

vaderSW1

When I went in to add the featured image, there wasn't one set. It may just have borked. Remember it's a seperate box at the bottom right of the edit page :)

Okay, thanks for sharing that tip with me. I actually hadn't used the featured image setting in either of my previous two podcast news articles and the image popped up with no issues. That's kind of bizarre.

Regardless, I will use that setting going forward.

Lex

Administrator
^That means someone's been in and done it for you XD. It wasn't me last time but it was this time. I'll stop clogging this thread up with backstage chat now though :P

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Tetsujin's "On the Way to a Remake" Retrospective

I probably could've added to the discussion there but I keep forgetting to take part in these because I'm a derp. :wacky:

vaderSW1

I probably could've added to the discussion there but I keep forgetting to take part in these because I'm a derp. :wacky:

We definitely need to get you on an episode. Perhaps, we can get you on Episode 3 in a few weeks. I'll contact you when it gets closer.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Listening to it nao :monster:

Correction on World of Final Fantasy: (I know no one cares about it, but) it's not a mobile game, it's exclusive for PS4 and Vita. :P

Fangu

Great Old One
Okay, thanks for sharing that tip with me. I actually hadn't used the featured image setting in either of my previous two podcast news articles and the image popped up with no issues. That's kind of bizarre.

Regardless, I will use that setting going forward.

^That means someone's been in and done it for you XD.
Nah, it's a fallback feature I made. If no image is set, it will pick the image last added to the article - if said image is an attachment uploaded to WP, that is. (Hotlinks don't work.) :monster:

Edit: I was going to check if that's how it works, but someone's removed my Admin rights :closedmonster:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Do you want me to check something for you? If it's a forum feature I can probably check it, but I need more details. I don't know if I have front page access though.

Lex

Administrator
I'm pretty sure it was me who removed those. I'm also pretty sure we had a conversation about it. Or I should say, we had a conversation (via text on Skype IIRC) about your permissions when you resigned (where I asked if there were any permissions you wanted to keep) then I removed them.

Re: Podcast, yeah you'll be needed Tets. I won't be able to make the next episode most likely and I don't know if Flint will either.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I won't be available for the next ten or eleven days, and we should try to record a new episode in that time.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
haha Nice podcast once again you guys. :monster: I'm really digging the new format. Much more planned out, less going off topic. Before it was basically on a random whim someone would be all, "Hey, want to do a podcast?"

This seems more professional.

Lex

Administrator
That would be up to the news/vader/you :monster:

So yeah Flint and I are out for the next one apparently. With Tets, Carlie, Vader and (JasonTandro?) that should be enough people on its own anyway. Although it'd be nice to see another European jump in. Any volunteers?

vaderSW1

What would the next one be about?

Since there hasn't been any real major news breaking over the last week or so, I thought we might take a look back at Final Fantasy IX since we recently passed the 15th anniversary of the release of the game. Is that something you're interested in conversing about?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
OMG yes. I mentioned it before but FFIX is my favorite RPG of all time.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
FFIX has been in my top three FF games since I played it. So yeah, I’d welcome discussion of it :monster:

vaderSW1

I do like FFIX a lot although it's been ages since I last played it.

Same with me, Tets. However, I don't think we have to get super in-depth with it at this point. This is more of just a simple look back. Discuss some of our favorite things about the game. Discuss the characters. Give a bit of background on the development of the game. Maybe provide a quick plot breakdown.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I'm down to join in on that one. I'll let you know what my schedule looks like ASAP.

Top Bottom