• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TheLifeStream.Net Podcast - Episode 3 Discussion Thread

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
RemakePodcast.png

Episode 3

15 Years Later – A Look Back at Final Fantasy IX

It’s the third episode of TheLifeStream.Net Podcast! Join Imperator Furiosa, JasonTandro, Ryushikaze, Tetsujin, and vaderSW1 as they go on a mythical journey into all things Final Fantasy!

In this episode we briefly discuss some current Final Fantasy (and related) news:

Then we move into our main topic of discussion as we take a look back at the greatness that is Final Fantasy IX!

Towards the end of the episode we respond to some listener feedback as well!

This episode’s Question for the Listenership:

What are your favorite moments and/or memories from Final Fantasy IX?

Email us at [email protected] or reply to the episode post on TheLifeStream.Net forums and let us know!

We want to hear from you! Send your questions, feedback, and episode topic suggestions to us at [email protected]. You can also reply to the episode posts for each episode on TheLifeStream.Net forums. Not registered yet? Just visit http://www.thelifestream.net/forums and become a member! Also, please leave us feedback on iTunes! We will do our best to read your questions, comments, and feedback on air!

Total Run Time: 1:30:07

Subscribe to us on iTunes so you never miss an episode!

Music appearing on this podcast is courtesy of the following:

“Take a Chance” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

“Discovery Hit” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

WARNING! Explicit content.

Special thanks to Flintlock for the episode artwork!

You can listen to the podcast at the link below:

TheLifeStream.Net Podcast - Episode 3

Last edited:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I have a habit of looping conversations back to a prior topic or jumping to subjects no one else seems to see the relation with. I don't mind things drifting to different topics if it feels like the previous one's been covered.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
One thing I noticed... Ryushikaze's track seems to be off-sync. He's responding to questions I haven't asked yet about two seconds before I ask them at one point and then in other places he's back to normal. Not sure if that's just a weird glitch or what.

Otherwise this is spectacular as always and it was fun to listen to again!

vaderSW1

I'm sure this has been said before, but... pop filter
http://www.amazon.com/Dragonpad-fil...TF8&qid=1437704547&sr=1-1&keywords=pop+filter

Otherwise great podcast. Just keep the reigns tight on it meandering too much. Its not too bad here, but my brain switches off when people start talking about stuff that I haven't tuned in for. :P

I've put it up on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lel5rQP984M

Thanks for posting the pod up on youtube! :monster:

As for the pop filter, yes, I know I need to get one I just haven't had the spare cash to do so. Thanks for posting that link though. I'm not sure if it will work with the mic I have but I will investigate. The price on that one is pretty damn reasonable.

RE: keeping the show on topic - I do like to try to keep the show on topic as best as I can. Sometimes some side conversation is unavoidable. I think it's just a part of natural conversation. People bring up things that they might be reminded of or might have a similar connection to the topic at hand. If we ever have too much off topic discussion, trust me though, I will nip it in the bud.

Starling said:
I have a habit of looping conversations back to a prior topic or jumping to subjects no one else seems to see the relation with. I don't mind things drifting to different topics if it feels like the previous one's been covered.

As long as it isn't way off topic or it doesn't take over the conversation I don't mind a little bit of straying. We just want to try to stay on topic as best we can.

JasonTandro said:
One thing I noticed... Ryushikaze's track seems to be off-sync. He's responding to questions I haven't asked yet about two seconds before I ask them at one point and then in other places he's back to normal. Not sure if that's just a weird glitch or what.

Otherwise this is spectacular as always and it was fun to listen to again!

Thanks for pointing this out! I haven't had a chance to listen to the mixed down episode yet. The audio was in sync prior to me doing the final mixdown. I wonder if something glitched during that process? I'll see if I can fix it. Is it thrown off for the entire episode or is it just a certain piece? Do you happen to have the time code where it starts?

Can someone move Pixel's, Starling's, JasonTandro's, and my posts to the Episode 3 discussion thread?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Vader: It's odd, it seems on-sync during some segments and other segments it's obscenely early, by as much as 2-3 seconds. Case in point, when he corrects me on Blank's name, and towards the end when he says my voice is too Batmany about 3 seconds before I ask what he said. It's almost like silences were cut out, but only on his track, which is why some segments are in sync and others are not. It's not incredibly distracting, if I didn't know how the convo yet I'd just think he was really on point, but it's worth noting.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah I noticed that too, where he reacts to something I said at the same time I said it.

His midichlorians must be off the charts. :monster:

Oh and also, the music seems a bit too loud?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Yeah I noticed that too. Like a 25% drop would do it.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Reading feedback in various voices was entertaining. The part about the FF5 job challenges made me want to see a playthrough of those.

vaderSW1

Yeah I noticed that too, where he reacts to something I said at the same time I said it.

I'm pretty sure I figured out what happened. I'll be more conscious of it with future episodes. Apparently, when I use the silence feature on segments of a track, a minuscule amount of time is lost on the track. It's supposed to just overwrite the piece of the track with silence but I guess there must be a flaw in the programming in Audacity. Regardless, I'm pretty certain it's the culprit. I only noticed the audio get out of sync twice on this episode.

As for the music, finding the right balance is sometimes difficult. I always reduce the volume of the music. I'll look into reducing it a bit more. When I listened to the podcast through my headphones and my car stereo it didn't seem too terribly loud.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
I'm pretty sure I figured out what happened. I'll be more conscious of it with future episodes. Apparently, when I use the silence feature on segments of a track, a minuscule amount of time is lost on the track. It's supposed to just overwrite the piece of the track with silence but I guess there must be a flaw in the programming in Audacity. Regardless, I'm pretty certain it's the culprit. I only noticed the audio get out of sync twice on this episode.

As for the music, finding the right balance is sometimes difficult. I always reduce the volume of the music. I'll look into reducing it a bit more. When I listened to the podcast through my headphones and my car stereo it didn't seem too terribly loud.

Every set of headphones treats sound differently. Listening to something using my earpods and listening to something using my turtle beach are completely different experiences.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
When I got my new headphones, it was like hearing proper sound coming out of my computer for the first time. I listened to all the music I had in my favorites and watch history. Considering my old headphones were barely functional and had to be partially pulled out to hear anything, it was a much appreciated improvement.

vaderSW1

I have invested in a pop filter and got it hooked up to my mic. Going forward, hopefully, there will be no more audio issues.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

I can neither confirm nor deny that I am the one prophesied to bring balance to the force.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA

I can neither confirm nor deny that I am the one prophesied to bring balance to the force.

Pro tip: Do, or do not stay away from lava.

There is no try.

Top Bottom