The Lifestream ranks Final Fantasy songs: nominations now closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Fyi I still intend to finish tallying these and go on to the next round, but school is kicking my ass. I'll do it within a couple of weeks, I promise.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I was going to wait until the Mythril Mines thing had ended, but if people want me to get around to it sooner I can work on it later this week.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
We'll have a Community Playthrough in July so it doesn't really matter when you start; it's going to overlap something. That's why I was hoping you'd run it in March/April/May, and why I offered to get it started myself. :P Just do it whenever you have time.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Well, rather unfortunately I was away for more than half of May, so that wound up not being possible. Is there anything in August?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The CP will probably run into August, depending on which game we pick and what sort of schedule we decide on, but I think it would be fine to run it then. I still think you should just get started whenever, though, it's not a problem to have more than one event running concurrently. :)

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
I think this event can run smoothly alongside other events. Personally, I'm looking forward to this one more than the CP.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I've been thinking about what happened to this thing, since nothing has happened so far. I'm really looking forward to this a lot too. And not everyone is going to take part in the playthrough, so I think it shouldn't be a problem doing this at the same time. ^_^

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
All right, I'll get to working on this in the next few days then.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Since this ^ never happened, and since Aaron isn't around any more, I'm going to take over the running of this contest. I was already helping with the nominations all those months ago, so hopefully he won't mind (if he comes back, or reads this).

We've had quite a few new members since the nominations officially closed in April, what with the remake being announced and everything, so I'm going to re-open nominations for five days, ending on Wednesday the 28th of October. The bulk of the contest will then take place in November, leaving December free for the TLS awards.

You can see all the nominations so far in this spreadsheet. Every song that gets nominated will make it into the contest, so you don't need to nominate songs which are already on the list. Each person can make 20 nominations. The opening post of this thread lists how many songs each person has nominated already. I won't put an upper limit on the total number - we'll figure something out once the nominations are closed.

Bring on the music!

P.S. Lex, do you want those XIV videos you posted to count as nominations?

Edit: front page article here. Joe, if you could share it on the appropriate channels, that'd be great. :)

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Just glancing at the spreadsheet, if you see stuff you'd nominate already nominated.. do we bother or does that add extra points and you'll eliminate those with only 1?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
No, every nominated song will be included in the contest. Aaron made that decision way back at the start, I repeated it when I edited his opening post the other day, wrote it in my update post and put it in the front page article... :P

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I know I was close to my cap of 20, but I think I have room for a couple left, so I want
to nominate the following:

New Bodhum - FFXIII-2
I Am The Sea - FFXIV

Here are the vids:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Last call, nominations will close in a few hours' time.

Edit: now closed. After weeding out a couple of duplicates, I added a few final nominations of my own (a couple of personal selections, and a few "well-known" tracks that I thought should be in there), giving us 280 in total. I'm going to have a think about the format and get to work on it tomorrow. This is going to be a gargantuan event.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom