The Lifestream Podcast Final Fantasy Retrospective Series - Episode 5

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
c73b.png

Episode 5

Final Fantasy IV - Part 2

Welcome to the fifth episode of The Lifestream Podcast Final Fantasy Retrospective Series! Join Flintlock, JasonTandro, Lex, Ryushikaze, and vaderSW1 as they offer the second part of a full review and fond look back on the fourth game in the series: Final Fantasy IV

This episode’s Question for the Listenership:

What character from any of the Final Fantasy games (PC or NPC) has the best story? Why?

Email us at [email protected] or reply to the episode post on TheLifeStream.Net forums and let us know!

We want to hear from you! Send your questions, feedback, and episode topic suggestions to us at [email protected]. You can also reply to the episode posts for each episode on TheLifeStream.Net forums. Not registered yet? Just visit http://www.thelifestream.net/forums and become a member! Also, please leave us feedback on iTunes! We will do our best to read your questions, comments, and feedback on air!

Total Run Time: 1:34:09

Subscribe to us on iTunes so you never miss an episode!

Music appearing on this podcast is courtesy and © Copyright of Square Enix. (http://na.square-enix.com/us/documen...ialusagepolicy)

WARNING! Explicit content.

Special thanks to Flintlock for the episode artwork!

Special thanks also to Ryushikaze for the terrific voiceover intro!

A VERY special thanks as well to Square Enix and all the hard working people that have worked on this terrific video game series over the years!

The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast Extras:

The Lifestream Podcast Final Fantasy Retrospective Series thread:

http://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17497

JasonTandro's Final Fantasy Retrospective Playthrough LiveJournal:

http://jasontandroplay.livejournal.com

You can listen to the podcast at the link below:

The Lifestream Podcast Final Fantasy Retrospective Series - Episode 5

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I motion to call this episode 4B, and not 5. It will save us considerable headache in the future to title these based on the games we are playing until we break out of the numbered entries.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
You guys break my heart with your attacks on the FFIV soundtrack. Red Wings > FFX World map theme (?) Hows that for listener feedback.

For favourite characters storyarc I'd say Cloud or Tidus but those are kind of the. Obvious answers so Gabranth.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
What is the FFX world map theme?

P.S. I guess it's too late now, but perhaps this should be episode 4.5 so that episode 5 corresponds to Final Fantasy V? I know the system's going to be messed up eventually when you/we start playing Kingdom Hearts and other games, but maybe we could come up with a different numbering system for that too.

Last edited:

vaderSW1

Ryushikaze said:
I motion to call this episode 4B, and not 5. It will save us considerable headache in the future to title these based on the games we are playing until we break out of the numbered entries.

P.S. I guess it's too late now, but perhaps this should be episode 4.5 so that episode 5 corresponds to Final Fantasy V? I know the system's going to be messed up eventually when you/we start playing Kingdom Hearts and other games, but maybe we could come up with a different numbering system for that too.

I'm fine with re-numbering if you guys feel that is the best way to go. We can go like 4.1 & 4.2?

Also, the numbering corresponding to FF titles is going to go out the window once we make it through all of the main series titles. I think we should just keep the same numbering. Just my opinion.

Minato said:
You guys break my heart with your attacks on the FFIV soundtrack. Red Wings > FFX World map theme (?) Hows that for listener feedback.

For favourite characters storyarc I'd say Cloud or Tidus but those are kind of the. Obvious answers so Gabranth.

I didn't have anything negative to say about the FFIV soundtrack. In fact, I recall being pretty positive about it. There are MANY songs on the OST that are among my favorites of all time. "Theme of Love", "Battle With the 4 Fiends", "Mt. Ordeals", "Red Wings Theme", and "FFIV Theme" are all terrific.

Can you explain a bit about why you chose Gabranth?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well, eventually I propose we do away with calling the episodes "Number Whatever" and just start calling them "The Tactics Episode" and "Shinra's Angels" and "Chrono Twiggy" to represent what we're playing.

vaderSW1

Well, eventually I propose we do away with calling the episodes "Number Whatever" and just start calling them "The Tactics Episode" and "Shinra's Angels" and "Chrono Twiggy" to represent what we're playing.

We could do that as well. I would be okay with that.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I hadn't even noticed that Ryu made a similar renaming suggestion. Guess I didn't read the thread very carefully before posting, heh.

Anyway, yeah, abolishing the numbering is fine by me too.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm finally getting around to listening to this :comedian:

Smartass alert! (I'm sorry)
JT mentions Uematsu being classically trained at 01:01:55, Uematsu is impressively enough actually entirely self-taught.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I'm finally getting around to listening to this :comedian:

Smartass alert! (I'm sorry)
JT mentions Uematsu being classically trained at 01:01:55, Uematsu is impressively enough actually entirely self-taught.

I meant to say he studied classical music theory.

Top Bottom