• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2015

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
1 month to go and the conference time tables have been announced recently so we might as well get the yearly thread rolling :monster:

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/599275246986760192?s=09

Anything you guys are looking forward to or hoping shows up?

Personally I can't wait to see the new SW:Battlefront gameplay. Would love to see some Fall Out 4 information but supposedly its only going to be behind closed doors. In any case some Dishonored 2 confirmation would be bees knees.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'll skip E3 this year. Haven't been too enthusiastic about gaming recently.

Edit: Well I might check out some of Nintendo's stuff at least. Hoping they'll show a new Star Fox or something since Zelda Wii U won't show up.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Definitely going to watch. I'm looking forward to Uncharted 4, hopefully something from Mass Effect 4. I'm curious to see what stupid things Squeenix will to do this year in their conference. We're in year 2 of the new console cycle so I think it could be a good E3.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
The only company I've had my eye on as of late is ARC System Works, and maybe tri-Ace, but that's about it.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Like Carlie said, we're in the second year of the new gen and hoping for some games. Not much has jumped out at me since the beginning, really. Only really counting AC Unity, Destiny, DAI and Watch Dogs as the ones that are new that have captured my attention whether good or bad.

I'm going to switch off if I hear anything about entertainment systems or even sports games (yes, I know they're some people's cups of teas, but not mine). The game I'm anticipating the most is the next Mass Effect, it is known.

Lex

Administrator
I'm kinda buzzing for this actually. Coming soon to various livestream channels near you :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Pretty hyped for this coming month. Year 2 should be the year in which all consoles should be settling very well into their console cycle.

2015 hasn't honestly been a very exciting year so far for, really, and a handful of very-anticipated titles have come up short. The second half of the year promises to be a lot more exciting, though, so it'll be interesting if we learn of anything new under short notice.

Still looking forward to a possible presence by Metal Gear Solid V despite the dumb shit going on at Konami! :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Well the year is most likely going to get a lot better with The Witcher 3 coming out next Tuesday and Arkham Knight next month.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Honestly so far I'm liking 2015 waaaay more than 2014 in regards to gaming.

The games are coming out working and as originally advertised. There way to many games in 2014 that did not fulfill those 2 things.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I remember the days when people asked the age-old question:

"Is Versus-13 out yet?"

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Honestly so far I'm liking 2015 waaaay more than 2014 in regards to gaming.

The games are coming out working and as originally advertised. There way to many games in 2014 that did not fulfill those 2 things.

I'd say it's difficult to quantify it when all we've had to go on so far is the February-March crush, especially when generally things that are broken are either due in the Christmas period and/or are made by Ubisoft, who haven't released anything of note this year yet.

Zing! :awesome:

Lex

Administrator
Are all these Konami jokes cutting about because that random dude left or something? Someone explain to the stoopid pls

Lex

Administrator
You see right through me every time Tets :monster:

Seriously though is that why people are making jokes about Konami I honestly don't know.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Well Konami has been neglecting a bunch of franchises but it all really went downhill when they started removing Hideo Kojima's name from the games he worked on on their websites and removing the Kojima Productions logo. It came to light that for whatever reasons, maybe an internal power struggle, he was let go alongside the entire upper staff of KojiPro and now they only work on a contractual basis to finish work on Metal Gear Solid V. Konami only responded to inquiries with bland PR crap.

So firing one of the most influential and well-known developers and them being petty and erasing his name from previously released game already got people salty but then there's Silent Hill.

Silent Hill was mostly meh in recent times apparently and then they released the fuckup of an HD Collection. Fans lost hope but then Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaborated on a new one that was revealed through the playable teaser "P.T." that got positive reviews and got everyone excited about the new Silent Hill and that it might properly revive the franchise except no, Kojima's fired now and Del Toro confirmed this once promising project is now dead as shit.

Then there's all the other IPs that Konami has been sitting on without doing anything worthwhile; Zone of the Enders, Castlevania, Contra and a few more.

So basically in recent times they barely released any big console games except for that football game that is somehow popular because idk I don't like sports and fucking hate sports games but anyway
So the only thing they had in the works was MGSV and Silent Hills
Now Silent Hills is dead and MGSV will be the last of its kind and they announced they're gonna focus more on mobile crap from now on instead of console games.

tl;dr Konami is barely making games anymore and just fucks up everything that people love

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Well Konami has been neglecting a bunch of franchises but it all really went downhill when they started removing Hideo Kojima's name from the games he worked on on their websites and removing the Kojima Productions logo. It came to light that for whatever reasons, maybe an internal power struggle, he was let go alongside the entire upper staff of KojiPro and now they only work on a contractual basis to finish work on Metal Gear Solid V. Konami only responded to inquiries with bland PR crap.

So firing one of the most influential and well-known developers and them being petty and erasing his name from previously released game already got people salty but then there's Silent Hill.

Silent Hill was mostly meh in recent times apparently and then they released the fuckup of an HD Collection. Fans lost hope but then Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaborated on a new one that was revealed through the playable teaser "P.T." that got positive reviews and got everyone excited about the new Silent Hill and that it might properly revive the franchise except no, Kojima's fired now and Del Toro confirmed this once promising project is now dead as shit.

Then there's all the other IPs that Konami has been sitting on without doing anything worthwhile; Zone of the Enders, Castlevania, Contra and a few more.

So basically in recent times they barely released any big console games except for that football game that is somehow popular because idk I don't like sports and fucking hate sports games but anyway
So the only thing they had in the works was MGSV and Silent Hills
Now Silent Hills is dead and MGSV will be the last of its kind and they announced they're gonna focus more on mobile crap from now on instead of console games.

tl;dr Konami is barely making games anymore and just fucks up everything that people love

There are also other things like being notoriously awful with western press , using DMCA unjustly on videos who's only crime was criticizing them and a bunch of other stuff. Jim Sterling went over it pretty well a few weeks ago.

The tl;dr is that they have been monumental fuck ups for a long time now. The Kojima and PT thing was just the breaking point

Lex

Administrator
Aw yeah that was the one with Norman Reedus right? I was excited for that. Well shit. Fuck Konami.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Aw yeah that was the one with Norman Reedus right? I was excited for that. Well shit. Fuck Konami.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the exact internal politics are there but they really need to pull their heads out of their collective asses. That, or purchase glass stomachs so they can see.

I have to admit that my excitement for E3 has significantly waned with the announcements that FF XV won't be there and the demise of Silent Hills. Maybe Square will show off some cool Kingdom Hearts 3 stuff or announce a new Bravely Default entry that is coming to the West.

Top Bottom