An odd thought on the heroes

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Okay, so this doesn't work with all the characters, but I just had an odd thought.

So, I have nothing to support this outside of where Squall's point must logically be, but could each of the Heroes be from points in the game where they are 'cut out' such as Squall wandering through the time compression, or Cloud being lost in the lifestream, or Tina from between the WoB and her return to the WoR? Zidane could be from just before Kuja's change of heart, Cecil from when he is struck down just before being aided by the prayers of his allies, perhaps?

I admit, it's out there, and someone is entirely free to call me a nutter for suggesting this, but I figured I might as well get it out there and see what other people think.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Doesn't make sense for most of them, since Cloud knows who he is and has fought Sephiroth before, Terra references remembering who she has to protect (which if anyone is savvy about FFVI, is a reference to the orphans in Mobliz) and just most of the references and stuff talk about the characters post adventure.

I mean, it's especially true for Cloud and Sephiroth. The heroes match their villains.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well, we find Tina in FF6 in the WoR AFTER she's been caring for the children for awhile, so she could have been pulled at any time after that happened...

Cloud references fighting Sephy before? I'll need to check the script again for him, though since I was referring to his mind, not him being lost in the lifestream after he beats the patooti out of Sephy, though I realize I expressed that incredibly poorly.

Like I said though, pure speculation, and doesn't work for all people.

What references mention post adventure stuff? The basic profiles mention it for a couple of them, but not all.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Cloud says their fight is over and fighting Sephiroth again would be meaningless.

And remember, Terra doesn't find her meaning for fighting until AFTER she fights Humbaba and realizes...fighting to protect someone you love is reason enough to fight. Before that, she couldn't fight at all and had no desire to fight. If she's remembering her reason to fight in Dissidia, then said reason is...the kids. She had no real reason to fight until then.

And yeah, not all the characters in Dissidia have moments where they "go missing" in their story. Plus, there's a level of continuity equality, as in...the heroes and villains match in terms of where they are. They match. Which is post adventure. It makes more sense and has no holes.

Top Bottom