• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Add sections?

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
A 121 section and a section for seri0z t0pikz should be created within General Discussion.

I suppose we should also create a Graveyard/Archive section for slain threads.

Aye?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I don't mind addition forums as needed, but one thing I hated about AC.net was the tons and tons of useless ass, dead forums that didn't need to be there.

Anyhow, I do think a 'Serious Discussions' forum would be a grand idea, but what's a 121 forum?

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
A section where you can talk person-to-person in a thread instead of by PMs. There's one on FFOF and FCF. It's quite valid, imho.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
121 doesn't seem to get enough activity back on FFOF in order to warrant its own sexion, and I think that serios business can go into the general chat section for now - if there's enough serious business to warrant its own section, I could reconsider, but right now I don't think there's enough reason for it.

Which applies to pretty much every section thingy - if you think a section for topic X should be made, start out by actually discussing topic X first. Nobody's stopping you from creating a topic that doesn't have its specific section to go into, so think out of the box and no u and whatnot.

So, 121 won't be active enough atm, and serios business can go into general chat.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Spam is highly overrated, for general discussions one can go to, *gasp*, General Discussions, and for spam one can gtfo for all I care, :monster:.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Or you can just to to FFOF, since this is mainly covering things directly for the FF-venting aspect of things.

X :neo:

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
What I think is needed is a section for discussion of other Square titles (Kingdom hearts, Valkyrie Profile etc.)

Also would it be possible to add a talents section so I can flaunt my non-midgar stuff and cosplay? ;D

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You could theoretically chuck those into the Final Fantasy section - we specifically didn't add sections for each FF games because we'd like this site to stay focussed on the Compilation. I could update that section's description and/or name to imply it's for all non-Compilation titles of Square, if that's an alternative?

[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=40.msg1558#msg1558 date=1229020151]
You could theoretically chuck those into the Final Fantasy section - we specifically didn't add sections for each FF games because we'd like this site to stay focussed on the Compilation. I could update that section's description and/or name to imply it's for all non-Compilation titles of Square, if that's an alternative?
[/quote]
I'd say yes to it including KH, but maybe other SE games should stay in the General Discussion (or perhaps an 'other video games' thread, since we all do have a common interest of gaming).

I do agree though thatseparatesections for the other games would be pointless. On ACF they were always very muchabandoned.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Sometimes you (or I :monster:) just cba to go through one subforum to get to another subforum. So since those other games aren't this site's focus, give them one subforum and that'll be it. If the need arises, another subforum could still be made later?

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=40.msg1578#msg1578 date=1229021631]
Sometimes you (or I :monster: ) just cba to go through one subforum to get to another subforum. So since those other games aren't this site's focus, give them one subforum and that'll be it. If the need arises, another subforum could still be made later?
[/quote]
Indeed. Or stickied threads for popular topics that get brought up a lot. Too many subforums suck. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
My justice has spread amongst other people; I feel loved :monster:.

For justice, I'd say keep FF and its direct offshoots (KH, for example) in that one sexxion, and chuck other non-related games in the general section. On that, if there's enough topics in there about games, a non-FF gaming section could also be opened, but that's kinda pushing it (i.e. shifts the overall direction of the forums to Yet Another Talk About Whatever Forum, which is something I'd prefer to avoid since those usually suck ass. Of course, I don't mind discussion in that direction, just as long as it doesn't become one of the main attractions of the forum, or makes random visitors believe it is.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=Cookie Monster link=topic=40.msg2053#msg2053 date=1229302130]
We're also going to need an Archive section, btw.
[/quote]

I fail to see the reasoning - as long as the search is good enough, there's no need (imo) to move topics from their original category into another. Topics that are too old will move down the list, topics that are popular will appear more often in search results because they contain more posts with key terms to which people search, and when you chuck 'awesoem' topics into an archive, it'll become one giant clusterfuck of 'awesoem' threads that are impossible to look through.

Instead, I'd recommend setting up a post that links to awesoem topics in a certain category, and/or a summary of several threads to be posted on the frontpage as I probably suggested somewhere else earlier.

As for club sexxion, female members of this forum should send me their n00dz and I'll consider it, :monster:. I'll wait for a bit more support for the idea, it did however attract a lot of attention on ye olde ACF. Should it be a 'general' club sexxion, where a club on every possible topic can be created, or a more targeted sexxion for Compilation-only or perhaps FF-only clubs only? Or two of 'em for both category?

As for usernotes, see the other thread.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
...Do we really need a General Gaming section? That can fit nicely in the General Discussion section.

We've hardly gotten that big yet. If we were larger, then maybe but right now we really don't need to reduce the focus on the FFVII, and FF discussion topics and sections right now. We don't really need that many more sections, tbh.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, for now, if you want to talk about a game, just do it in the general section. If there's enough gaming threads, a new category can be made easily.

This applies to everything - if you want to talk about something, do it in the most applicable section, and if there's enough talk about a specific subject, a separate section can be added for just that.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
We've voted against a general clubs section in favor of keeping the focus onto FF, and the same can sorta be said about the other three sections. On that, we've said that if you want to discuss anything that doesn't have its own section (such as music, tv/movies and the other one), you can do so in the general discussion section, since that's where Everything Else goes, basically.

Top Bottom