• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Time to remove smilies from smilie list?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
IMO, the Lost ones are rather old hat now. Every time I go for a smiley, I get lost in the list, there are far too many.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I'm all for removing the Lost stuff, but agree with Yop regarding Hurr Durr and Derp Dog.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I like derp dog and fat cat. IIRC correctly I may have introduced tableflip.

But im not married to anyone of them so you can get rid if neEds be.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
* Lost smileys gotten rid of
* Other stuff mentioned gotten rid of, minus hurr durr and hurr dog.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
They're shitty reminders of folks I really dislike. Game of Thrones > Lost.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
When was the last time one was used, Aaron?

You can call the shot if this one should be added or not. =)
lgcRd5A.png

^although I notice that this one is 415 pixels wide. Slightly too big. :monster:

What are you basing that being too big on? I think it's perfect.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
They mentioned a 400 pixel width limit, if that's 415 then its 15 pixels too wide. Could easily be shaved down that much with no major change.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I was going to use the smilie of the direwolf tilting its head to express puzzlement but it's already been removed :sadpanda:

Anyway I thought a few of the Lost emoticons could be used to express legitimate emotions, like Jackface could be used to express... whatever the hell that emotion is on Jack's face. But yeah, the Lost emoticons mostly haven't been used much for the most part.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Most GoT should definitely be taken off, they're not used and take far too much space. That being said Joffrey getting bitch slapped by Tyrion should stay cause is awesome and possibly pedofinger because is hilarious.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Most of the Game of Thrones smilies already have been removed. I think there are only three or so left.

Lex

Administrator
A lot of them are still in excess of the new width. Horizontal scrolling upsets me :sadpanda:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
All of the Game of Thrones ones are at most 400 pixels wide. Some of the other ones still need to be resized, but my monitor no longer requires any horizontal scrolling, at least.

Edit: I just realised the Monster Matrix will look like shit if it's resized down to 400 pixels wide. Maybe 500 pixels should be the limit?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Most of the Game of Thrones smilies already have been removed. I think there are only three or so left.

This is what happens when I don't check stuff. :monster: Still please don't get rid of the bitch slap, re size it if it's causing loading problems but let it stay.

Lex

Administrator
As long as the total width doesn't exceed 1200 pixels (assuming a minimum 1280 screen width and accounting for the text) I think it's safe, so maybe 500 wouldn't be such a big deal. Where possible they should probably be shrunk to 400 though, because 500 is still a bit big for a smilie. Catering to 1024 in this day and age is kind of ridiculous, my horizontal resolution hasn't been that low since I got my first computer in 1999-ish.

Better still, try 450?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Resizing the Monster Matrix at all would make it look like shit, tbh, because it's got a very complicated transparent shape. But I have no problem requiring 400 width for smilies that aren't intentionally giant monster smilies.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Why do we even really need the Monster Matrix, though?

I think all giant monsters should be removed. If you can't get your message across with a small monster, then host the huge ones on Photobucker or Tinypic or whatever and post it that way. :P

Also, Cthulhu monster. Cool as it may be, it is rather pointless. :monster:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Oh man, the smilies page took less than 20 seconds to load! I'm impressed.

On that note, I didn't even know we had a :whatever: smilie. *adds this one to the list*

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
No, I want more smilies than that. :P

However, it is kind of annoying that I need to maximize the window just to pick a smiley. :P

Fangu

Great Old One
Does anyone even use this anymore?
:deal:

Also IMO these ones can go. The regular Patrick Stewart one is very similar and better than all of them. We could rather chuck in that "what the hell is this bullshit" one people hotlink once in a while.

:facepalm5:
:quadfacepalm:
:facepalm3:
:facepalm4:

What emotion is this meant to portray? :P
:cactuardance:

Top Bottom