• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Mad Max: The Anime?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
http://movies.ign.com/articles/959/959786p1.html

March 5, 2009 - Director George Miller has been talking about a fourth Mad Max film for at least the better part of this millennium, but like the title character's attempts to find happiness, it just was never meant to be. Until now, apparently.

MTV is reporting that not only is Miller pursuing the film again, but that this time around the plan is to make it into a 3-D anime feature. In the words of Beyond Thunderdome's Dr. Dealgood, "This is the truth of it."

Miller, hot off the, uh, failure of getting a Justice League movie off the ground, is turning his attention back to the franchise that first put him on the map. And while the filmmaker is all about the 3-D anime thing, he apparently doesn't think he needs series star Mel Gibson this time around -- not even for voice work.

"We'll probably go a different route," Miller told MTV News.

The film would at least partially use the plot for the never-filmed Mad Max: Fury Road, which came this close to getting produced back in 2003 before, reportedly, the Iraq War screwed everything up Toadie style.

The proposed Mad Max anime would be R-rated, and actually makes some sense when, as MTV points out, one realizes that Miller co-helmed the popular computer-animated flick Happy Feet a couple of years back. There were no dismembered-digits-via-boomerang scenes in that film, alas, though the same can not necessarily be said about Miller's plans for his Mad Max cartoon.

"The anime is an opportunity for me to shift a little bit about what anime is doing because anime is ripe for an adjustment or sea change," he said. "It's coming in games and I believe it's the same in anime. There's going to be a hybrid anime where it shifts more towards Western sensibilities. [Japanese filmmaker Akira] Kurosawa was able to bridge that gap between the Japanese sensibilities and the West and make those definitive films."

Of course, Miller is also working on a Mad Max videogame with God of War II designer Cory Barlog.

khlsHAFR%$TLKNF

What is this shit I don't even

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I thought Mad Max's anime was Fist of the North Star? :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Americans trying to imitate anime is fail. Sticking to american animation is best imo.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Yeah, no.

To ALL of this.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=shockwave link=topic=646.msg27692#msg27692 date=1236308448]
Yeah, no.

To ALL of this.
[/quote]

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Agreed. Blending it a bit is nice and all but trying to emulate the animation style? =____= Nein.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=646.msg27635#msg27635 date=1236298370]
Americans trying to imitate anime is fail. Sticking to american animation is best imo.
[/quote]

Mad Max in Bambi style? Awesome.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
...Well not that kind of style made in Bambi or old dinsey cartoons. 8/

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=646.msg27942#msg27942 date=1236375760]