• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Translation Guide

Slash

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I know this isn't a translating help thread, but could you guys help me translate this?

I think the options are from little-many, as well as the question being something about pre-game.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
This thread hasn't been doing much because my copy is apparently being retained by the post office 'awaiting payment of charges' :monster:

[quote author=Slash link=topic=87.msg3851#msg3851 date=1230075048]
I know this isn't a translating help thread, but could you guys help me translate this?

I think the options are from little-many, as well as the question being something about pre-game.
[/quote]

I don't mind people using it like that. I'd perfer more system related translations than story, though.

"How much do you play games in a day?"

- I only play a little
- I play a fair amount
- I play a whole lot

Slash

Lv. 1 Adventurer
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=87.msg3946#msg3946 date=1230104472]I don't mind people using it like that. I'd perfer more system related translations than story, though.

"How much do you play games in a day?"

- I only play a little
- I play a fair amount
- I play a whole lot
[/quote]I found out about this shortly before coming back here.
Thanks for translating though, hitoshura.

For you guys who don't know, this apparently affects how good the items you get depending on the choice you make:

"I only play a little"
-- You'll get a fair item after 15 battles.

"I play a fair amount"
-- You'll get a good item after 30 battles.

"I play a whole lot"
-- You'll get an awesome item after 60 battles.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So I started the game and it gave me some weird "Special Day" screen with a couple of options (only single Kanjis).

...what's that?
Is it because it's New Year's Eve? :duhard:

Or is it asking me to specify a special day of the week?
...for what reasons? :duhard:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The single kanji might be the days of the week?

?????????????
Mon - Tues - Wed - Thur - Fri - Sat - Sun

Something like that? If not, have you got a screenshot or photo?

Sorry this project hasn't turned out to be very useful. I got my limited edition copy of the soundtrack today. Still no game :monster: Am going to have to annoy the bloody post office to give me my stuff.

If someone else makes one before I've got my copy (or has already), I'll probably abandon this.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah, thought it'd be the days of the week...
Looks like I chose Saturday then. :duhard:
Maybe I can take photos with my webcam...

EDIT: There.:monster:

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Yah, on your Special Day, you'll get bonuses for PP, gil, AP, and EXP, and mognet gives you 300 free PP and a Friend Card to fight against.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh wow, special items on special days?

Bah when is the English version coming out. :(

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Speaking of translation, dicking around on the Dissidia site, and everyone's name is as you'd expect (barring deliberate differences a la Tina/ Terra etc.) save 'Warriors of Light'.
I guess at some point he undergoes mitosis on the way to Corneria, eh? :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I never quite understood why they changed that 'hikari no senshi' to 'wouria obu raito'. It's not like you don't already have 'kurayami no kumo' or 'koutei', so their names being Japanese doesn't seem to matter. But the game only seems to refer to him as 'hikari no senshi' anyway :monster:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I was wondering... Realizing it's been said this is not a translation help thread; if anyone would be willing to tell me what's said at the very end cutscene,
when Chaos is surrounded by lava from the erupting volcano and then disappears when a new blast covers him. He mentions something about Cosmos. This is after the chosen character defeats Chaos; a minute or a few more before the final credits roll.
I would be greatly appreciative! :)

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=87.msg7173#msg7173 date=1231610834]
Very end cutscene would have to wait until I get to the very end myself :monster:
[/quote]

Grrrr... Okay, then. 8)

How about this part:

Cosmos collapses and Chaos appears hovering above her
?

Do you know of this part (dammit! It was in a trailer, I know it was! *sigh* But, I cannot find it anywhere.)?

If you do, and reached it, what is going on? What's Chaos saying? Cosmos still looks
conscious

PS: There's only one other faq. That one you linked to Schala-Kitty already let us know about.

Thanks though! :) It's not what I want to know though; of course, me loves to be spoiled! :P

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Lulz, I thought there was another one. Removed double link :monster:

As for that scene:

The one where all the background changes into a fiery wasteland? I think that's the end of the Destiny Odyssey, once you've completed all 10 of the heroes' stories.

It was partly in one of the other trailers (last one). If you can stomach some quick shoddy translations :monster:

[The heroes approach Cosmos. Warrior of Light holds out his crystal.]

Warrior of Light:
"Let's end this battle!"

Cosmos:
"No... an end has already been reached."

[Cosmos collapses.]

"You will all descend into true darkness."

[The background changes into a dark wasteland. Tidus turns around and sees Cosmos.]

Tidus:
"Cosmos!"

[Chaos is floating above Cosmos.]

Cosmos:
"Chaos...!"

Chaos:
"You wander and finally reach the end, only to find there Purgatory yet again... How wretched you are, Cosmos."

Cosmos:
"You are not the one who will decide the path. They must know true darkness..."

Chaos:
"Then let's give you want to wish, and drown out all light!"

[Chaos envelopes Cosmos in a pillar of flames. Cosmos disappears.]

Squall:
"Cosmos!"

Chaos:
"The world is unchanging."

[Chaos flies away. The screen fades to black.]

"Warriors of Cosmos, all so powerless!
Sink into the darkness of despair, and vanish therein."

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=87.msg7343#msg7343 date=1231700097]
Lulz, I thought there was another one. Removed double link :monster:

As for that scene:

The one where all the background changes into a fiery wasteland? I think that's the end of the Destiny Odyssey, once you've completed all 10 of the heroes' stories.

It was partly in one of the other trailers (last one). If you can stomach some quick shoddy translations :monster:

[The heroes approach Cosmos. Warrior of Light holds out his crystal.]

Warrior of Light:
"Let's end this battle!"

Cosmos:
"No... an end has already been reached."

[Cosmos collapses.]

"You will all descend into true darkness."

[The background changes into a dark wasteland. Tidus turns around and sees Cosmos.]

Tidus:
"Cosmos!"

[Chaos is floating above Cosmos.]

Cosmos:
"Chaos...!"

Chaos:
"You wander and finally reach the end, only to find there Purgatory yet again... How wretched you are, Cosmos."

Cosmos:
"You are not the one who will decide the path. They must know true darkness..."

Chaos:
"Then let's give you want to wish, and drown out all light!"

[Chaos envelopes Cosmos in a pillar of flames. Cosmos disappears.]

Squall:
"Cosmos!"

Chaos:
"The world is unchanging."

[Chaos flies away. The screen fades to black.]

"Warriors of Cosmos, all so powerless!
Sink into the darkness of despair, and vanish therein."
[/quote]

I appreciate it! That's the scene I was talking about! Do you have any links to that trailer and/or part? Anyhow...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you Hitoshura! *hugs* I really do appreciate it. I knew I hadn't hallucinated. :P

But, in that scene:
Does Cosmos just take it, does she scream or anything, any reaction?

Again, thanks! :)

* I feel very odd for asking what I did.... :P

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=Arianna link=topic=87.msg7389#msg7389 date=1231714542]

I appreciate it! That's the scene I was talking about! Do you have any links to that trailer and/or part? Anyhow...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you Hitoshura! *hugs* I really do appreciate it. I knew I hadn't hallucinated. :P

But, in that scene:
Does Cosmos just take it, does she scream or anything, any reaction?

Again, thanks! :)

* I feel very odd for asking what I did.... :P

[/quote]

Cosmos
just looks at the heroes before the pillar of fire totally engulfs her. She doesn't scream nor she pronounces a single world

Top Bottom