Character Battle QF2: Kain vs Vivi

Which of these characters do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This could be the only knock-out match without a character from Final Fantasy VII. It's a really great pairing, if you ask me. I know which one I'll choose, but I can completely understand the popularity of both characters and I think it could be pretty close. Kain won his group, but Vivi actually got more votes. He also got the most votes of all the remaining characters in the qualifying round (yes, more than Cloud), which is why his top "power bar" is full in the image below.

ZGwr2.png

Who is your favourite of these two characters? Please post an explanation after you vote.

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
vivi

no contest

he's got a great story and is the cutest lil baby

penandpaper

Pro Adventurer
Kain. I adore Kain. :)

He's a truly interesting character and I found that the reveal of what was truly going on with him was extremely well handled. Add in the fact that it was his own conflicted feelings towards his friends (Due to his own love for Rosa) and their relationship that end up being used against him to control him makes him a very sympathetic character, but I also found it honorable that he never tried to pass of the blame for the actions that he took while being controlled onto someone else. Even if his friends had forgiven him (And Cecil and Rosa did seem to have forgiven him), he held himself responsible for those actions.

Go Kain! :joy:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
You asshat, how dare you put vivi and Kain together baaaw D; I love them both but but... I'll always vote for Kain over anyone but Celes. ;c

Lex

Administrator
Vivi rules!!! I LOVE Vivi. He's got to be one of the most likeable characters in the entire series.

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
Don't really give a fuck about these two. Kain had a nice design and I liked him, but he was no Cecil or Rydia. Felt indifferent to Vivi and he was as overpowered as black mages get.

Kain it is.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Chalk another one up for Vivi. Dude is a straight up Woobie with enough raw power to shatter worlds. You can't go wrong with that.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Voted for Kain. Who imo was more interesting than Cecil. I love Vivi too though. :(

I still haven't voted in the Cloud/Celes one. I'M SO TORN.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Well, I honestly don't care fr Kaint o much, whereas Vivi is tied fr my fav character from FFIX. Pretty easy to guess who my vote is for.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Touch choice is tough.

But as said earlier, Kain is no Cecil.
And vivi is just Op, so i vote for the little mage :P

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Definitely Kain. I like strong characters, and I don't think Vivi is one. I find Vivi a bit pathetic to be honest. He is sweet yes, but maybe too much so. Kain is more straight forward and handsom. I think the fact that he is jealous of Cecil makes me identify with him more and feel sympathy towards him. As with Vivi I'm more *slapslapslap* GET OVER IT!

I also like dark characters, that's why Kain.

Captain Jack Harkness

not a out-of-bounds guy
AKA
4nn4-chan, Loras Tyrell, Loki
mmm.. i didn't voted yet.
i love kain, but i didn't played IX, so (to avoid the grumbles in the last QF) i'll wait to vote.
furthermore, the winner will faces Cloud, so should win a very popular character, if not surely Cloud would win.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Vivi definitely. He's an amazing character with an amazing arc, never fails to blow me away when I play IX.

Also, I want to hug him forever :sadpanda:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I've kinda lost count of how many times I've mentioned my love for FFIX during these polls...

Vivi.

Top Bottom