New Staff Member Possibilities

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I've always found people who nominated themselves (particulary if they don't suggest anyone else as well) to be the kind of people I don't care for being moderators. A person who wants power is the kind of person I'd always be wary about having said power. Being a moderator isn't a fun privilege; it's kind of a civic duty you do, even when you don't want to, just because people are happier when you're running things.

That said, I can be wrong about things.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
If I chilled out anymore I would be mr freeze ... I'm being practical

Maybe so but self promotion isn't the way to go imo. ... This just doesn't seem like the place for it.

I'm just saying that, if you're volunteering to be a mod you don't know what you're getting yourself into, it's no picnic. Look at all of the shit the mods on this board go through.

Well, I was hoping some of that emotional maturity would come into play here so I was just being honest.

Also, some of the members that have been nominated are hardly "popular" people just think they'd be appropriate.

Don't take this shit so personal.

I do take things personally, when I do not know how to take things. And I'm sorry, but... while we've never really had any all-out fight or confrontation, I've found you coming across cold, at the very least. I honestly don't think you like me, though you've never told me that, so... Yeah, I took what you said personally.

With the example you've given, about the recent drama, I agree. It's definitely something to consider. People are going to call others on what they consider 'shit.' It's not going to be a pretty picture sometimes. I have considered this. I think someone who's not so popular, someone who's around, who's known, but doesn't stir any strong feelings one way or the other (friendship/hatred) in the membership, is what this forum needs, because I see a lack of balance in issues. Friends are given lee-way, while non-friends and strangers are seemingly considered expendable.

I know I fit the description of someone around, someone known, but not popular. In this, I think my lack of being so well known to you and vice versa will actually serve the forum for the better. While I have friends, there's only one person who I feel close enough to that I would have to be more mindful of being impartial with. For the most part, I have no favorites.

And I do understand how someone nominating themselves can seem really pompous and selfish. I just feel mostly confident in this. I cannot make a decision on most of the others nominated, in all honesty, hence why I did not mention anyone.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
tbh, I think being involved in the past drama is a moot point and completely irrelevant to a moderator elections. To be honest, I really wished this discussion about adding / fiddling in staff was held at a later date, instead of being a direct consequence (in my experience) of the previous bout of drama.

Similarly, and this is a personal statement btw, not 'from staff' or 'my position as big boss man', but I have no problem with putting oneself forward, as long as one realizes that they may not get a lot of support (simply because if you get nominated by someone else or multiple people you already have support).

Second, I realize that this does indeed make moderator elections look more like popularity contests. However, I feel that elections are still the most favorable out of the alternatives; we as staff could pick out a new mod or two, but then it'd be a "the club decides who gets in"-kinda thing, if that makes any sense - elitist, and also a kind of popularity contest, but then primarily within the existing staff team. It caused a split on a certain previous forum a lot of our current members were also part of, and I want to prevent that - or stop it in its tracks, even.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Friends are given lee-way, while non-friends and strangers are seemingly considered expendable.

This is bullshit. I've received like 4 warnings/infractions in the past two weeks one from someone i'm very good friends with.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
tbh, I think being involved in the past drama is a moot point and completely irrelevant to a moderator elections. To be honest, I really wished this discussion about adding / fiddling in staff was held at a later date, instead of being a direct consequence (in my experience) of the previous bout of drama

well maybe postponing it until next month would be a prudent course of action

the board isn't in immediate danger of imploding anymore and everyone should cool off by then

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
I suggested adding people to staff when MOG left. I think we've been in need of another staff member for awhile now. At this point, I think it's pretty irrelevant if it occurs after a bout of drama or not. It's not like the number of staff members had anything to do with what happened recently.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
You just loss Force, Tenny left and Mog's been gone for a while. You need the staff, but I agree it's not like you need them NAO. Might give everyone an opportunity to review their mod choices with a cooler head. Plus, I'd like to get to know everyone's attitudes and actions before I make a choice.

That said, for me, I'm comfortable either way.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I'm going to take a second here to say, I didn't pick Brooke and Dacon because they were waikawaiidesu and we were bffs. Because I don't really talk to either of them, and generally I'm a lot closer to other members of the forums.

I chose them because I legitimately think they are the best options. I do think there are tons of people with the right stuff to be mods, Arianna included, but I could throw out names to a sea of potential all day, if I had to narrow it down and expressly say who, it's those two.

I like Dacon because I honestly think he cares about the community. Not just the forums but the people around here- I'll be honest I feel incredibly uncomfortable when people relate to forums as mostly like a business with coworkers. He's a constant presence and I always see him streaming movies or games for people around here.

Oh and I think he calls people out on their shit, not just strangers, but I think he would do the same with his friends and other staff. Doing that sucks balls, and I knew I have difficulty doing it. I think it's important. And do it in a way that's not aggressively attacking, yeah sometimes it comes off as short and rude. But imo, I thought it wasn't- it was just that it was direct, to the point, and made solid moves to find a way to resolve the issue instead of just trying to argue all the time. I think the majority of drama in ANY forum comes from people just not being straight with each other, they go off into their corners and complain to their friends/other staff, and it blows up.

I thought Brooke because I honestly think she's one of the most open, friendly people I've seen. I'll admit, I've only really interacted with her like, once in my memory. But she was genuinely helpful and nice. She took her time to do things like Secret Santa which tells me she's interested in doing things for other people and helping them have fun. Because running these contests and forum games aren't fun and they can be frustrating. And she's a mediator that everyone can get along with. And yeah sometimes you need the "nice helpful" mod, especially with newer members who don't feel comfortable right away.

There are a good number of members who are nice/run contests/run streams/participate in forum activities/straight to the point. But these are the ones that come to mind. I don't want to be halfhazard with this modshit simply because I know there are a lot of people who, if they are believe they are going to be mod and then never get it- it can really bother them. So it's not just about popularity and ~who deserves it the best. It's about who can do a good job.

stiles

Call me a TREASURE HUNTER!
AKA
Locke
okay for the good of the forum i will be the next moderator. choose me plz i will restore balance

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
okay for the good of the forum i will be the next moderator. choose me plz i will restore balance

jennifer lawrence is that you

tumblr_lwd6cgMNcU1r3zat8.jpg

stiles

Call me a TREASURE HUNTER!
AKA
Locke
omg this drama is like the best soap opera is their a collection of thread links anywhere for me to read???

Top Bottom