Kickstarter for FF7 Remake

Pixel

The Pixie King
If SE started a kickstarter campain for an FF7 remake, how much would you be willing to donate and what rewards would you like them to offer?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I wouldn't donate a penny, to be honest. Even with the constant slap in the face of shit like Re:Lightning Farron and the Last Crusade 1.5 HD International Final Mix+, I might consider it if they had demonstrated quality -- or even just competent -- game design and business practices for the past seven years or so.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
$80 less than I donated to the Homestuck kickstarter

(btw I donated $80 to the Homestuck kickstarter I'm so excited)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
What did Homestuck have a kickstarter for? Was that for starting the comic itself or are they planning something else?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
There would have to be a super fucking awesome exclusive appreciation gift or game unlockable to make me even consider forking over a dime to motivate them to make something that will profit them 100 times over.

Ghost X

I may have been interested several years ago, but I think I can safely say I wouldn't buy a remake. I might watch it on youtube instead :wacky:. There'd be more chance of me funding a sequel, but SE's recent track record is incredibly off-putting.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'd want a guarantee that I would love the game like my firstborn and if I didn't then SE would collectively commit seppuku :monster:

Personally I'd be more inclined to donate to anyone but SE to do a remake, of course that could never happen.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah, I'll gladly donate money to indie companies making indie games, but not a super giant like SE.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
a big slap on the face of everyone in SE, that's what I'd donate.
I'm never going to buy that never-gonna-happen remake, humans should learn from their mistakes.

Lex

Administrator
Absolutely nothing. I grudge giving them full price for the games they actually put out, never mind one they'll probably butcher.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You know, the more I think about it.. The angrier I get.

If you have to motivate someone to DO something that will make them MONEY...by giving them MORE money. There's something fucking off.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
You bunch of grumps. I would happily donate, say, $100 to get a remake of what is probably my all-time favourite game.

What would I expect to get in return for my donation? Well, a copy of the game, obviously. And $100.

Tsunami Shijo

Detective, Oni Exterminator
AKA
(was) Ruckasck, Jihl Nabaat, Tia Noto Yoko
I'd donate to Mistwalker if Nomura and Kitase joined them. But I'm with most everyone else on this, Square already has tons of both fans and people in the industry telling them to shut up and take their money, they want a remake/sequel, etc etc. and yet Square keeps putting funds and resources into junk like FFXIII-3 and FFXI-2.

Square has fallen into the group of major game companies that have ultimately ignored their fanbase for their major decisions and ruined or ignored their most cherished franchises... they're right up there with Capcom, Sega, and Nintendo. If they want the fans money they need to listen to the fans.

FLo

Glósóli
AKA
Fury, Final Heaven, Kain Highwind
I really think that they don' t need any kickstart.

Wtf, in my opinion a FF7 remake would be a guaranteed uberprofit, regardless of the change of taste of the majority of players who prefer actionfagrpg.

I once heard "o blabla, they cannot recreate the whole content because its SO much" bullshit, it will take some time but i really think that despite Nomura incompetence a remake is possible.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I'd donate to Mistwalker if Nomura and Kitase joined them. But I'm with most everyone else on this, Square already has tons of both fans and people in the industry telling them to shut up and take their money, they want a remake/sequel, etc etc. and yet Square keeps putting funds and resources into junk like FFXIII-3 and FFXI-2.

Nomura? Eww fuck that.

I'd donate if a Western Studio whom actually knows what gamers want would make it :monster:

clowd

Pro Adventurer
Square runs kick start campaigns all the time

The latest is called Lightning Returns

Doubtful they will use that money on VII though

Top Bottom