Fanart Challenge IV: Design a keyblade based on an FF character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D

Notes:
- The colours used (Red, Green, Golden/Yellow) represent the colours of Kefka's outfits throughout Yoshitaka Amano's artwork.
- The wings in the blade represent Kefka's wings in his final godlike form.
- The item in the keychain represents the feather in Kefka's head.
- The little piece over the handle has three little orbs, which is a little homage to Kefka, Sephiroth and Kuja (The white orb represents kefka's white wings, the black represents Sephiroth's jet black wing and the red one represents Trance Kuja's red feathers)

Naturally, this keyblade is based on Kefka Palazzo, that batshit insane and loveable jester :monster:

Ghost X

^Nice work =).

Where are the contest results posted?
PrinceLex said a front page post will be made about each contest in the next few weeks. They'll eventually be added to our fan works section. To be clear, this isn't so much a "contest", as in a competition, but a challenge for each participant for a bit of fun.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I HAZ SUMFING

WOTCH DIS SPAEC

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

I fell in love with Lightning's overall original design when I first started playing Final Fantasy XIII. Cool, calm and collected, almost everything about her clothing and weaponry felt like an exercise in lines, especially in how far you could take them, yet despite all the intricacy and abundance in detail her look never felt cluttered to me, especially with such a color palette that I thought was absurdly graceful. It was a dark tunic, a jacket with a pauldron and some pockets, some pouch on a belt and a miniskirt with some boots. And a motherfuckin' folding gun-sword thing. :monster:

I think her Blazefire Saber is the paragon of FFXIII's incredible aesthetic, and I wanted to replicate that in a keyblade. There isn't so much symbolism as there is just overall look, and so it comes off as slightly more subdued than what I had initially drawn up. The only other real themes that indicate it has anything to do with Lightning is the trinket hanging off the pommel (which most FFXIII fans probably recognise), and some half-hearted L'Cie pattern scrawled on the end.

The only problem I have personally with my creation is that it looks less like a key (with the symmetry that many Kingdom Hearts keys come with) than it is some goofy (:awesome:) party contraption that looks awfully vicious.

Also, moving parts.jpg all day erry day :monster:

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
It's meant to be some sort of guard at the end that opens outwards or something, but honestly I just ran out of ideas designing the other end. :awesome:

I much prefer the bottom half of it since has more keyblade sensibilities than the other end lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom