• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Pitch a new threat to the planet

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
In a hypothetical new FFVII sequel, what would you want threat the protagonist is fighting against/goal he is working towards be.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Pitch: a new threat to the planet. That's how I parsed this thread's title for some reason.

"Run away, the pitch is coming after us! Actually, just walk away. Crawl away, even. Heck, you could probably just stand still and die of natural causes before it reached you."

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
A shortage of hair products? :wacky:

What about a naturally occurring meteor? Theyd have to build a new rocket pretty sharpish.

I had one in the hypothetical scenario thread.

Rufus re-launches ShinRa as a pharmaceutical company, accidentally discovers that razor weed can be processed into a highly addictive sugar substitute. Meanwhile, Wutai relaunches its economy by becoming the global centre of the garment industry.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I had one in the hypothetical scenario thread.

Rufus re-launches ShinRa as a pharmaceutical company, accidentally discovers that razor weed can be processed into a highly addictive sugar substitute that produces laxative effects. Meanwhile, Wutai relaunches its economy by becoming the global centre of the garment industry but puts a premium on underwear

Turned the threat level up to 11 there :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
An unknown race of monsters and half human soldiers begins to attack the now developed cities of the Planet. People end up not just getting outright killed, but the very ecosystem and terrain begins to change into something otherworldly. A poisonous Mist begins to envelope certain parts of the planet rendering it uninhabitable except by these strange, malformed life forms that seem to come from another planet and intend to take this planet for themselves. Cloud and the others now have to get up and fight again, not just because WRO is begging them to, but because the problem is now right on their doorstep threatening them. So life on the planet is slowly being eradicated and these invaders are the new force trying to take over.

Except the twist is, is that this isn't an invading force. It comes from the Planet itself. Due to Genesis and his twisted interpretation of LOVELESS and saving the planet, it has now decided that humans and all life are a threat and it must rebuild from scratch all life, so it intends to now return all to the Lifestream and start up a new cycle. So now the very Planet and will the heroes thought they were trying to save, is their enemy.

Melodrama, death, love, hate, and fun. The whole shabang.

Never coming to a home console ever, because Square Enix refuses to develop for something other than a handheld or a phone. Because towns are fucking scary. Oh well. :monster"

Ghost X

Has the planet got angry at humans yet for continually being a threat to it? I'd like to see the planet hold the human population to ransom, ordering them to slay everyone with anti-environmentally friendly motives, or else fuck them over. It could lead to a really morally ambiguous storyline :awesome:.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
How about the planet has gained access to the Internet and Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr and decides to shut it off sending the whole planet into a panic because people can't stalk their exes and such?

I say this as my Internet went off for 30 minutes just before, I nearly killed myself :P

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Has the planet got angry at humans yet for continually being a threat to it? I'd like to see the planet hold the human population to ransom, ordering them to slay everyone with anti-environmentally friendly motives, or else fuck them over. It could lead to a really morally ambiguous storyline :awesome:.

I dunno, Omega Weapon seemed like a bigger drain on the planet's resources then anything humanity had come up with. At this point it's only got itself to blame.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Genesis, long hidden from the outside world, is now ready to resurface, noble purpose in mind. Turning away from his destructive past, he has decided to be the ultimate preacher of LOVELESS, a work of art that he believes with all his noble heart and redeemed soul to be celebrated by every being in the planet.

Gaining recognition from fighting monsters and selling Banora Juice, he eventually became a leader. He proposed to build a dome in the center of Midgar where Shinra once stood, setting his plan into motion.

By the time the dome was finished, Genesis had already risen to power and forced the inhabitants of Edge, as well as people from all over the world, to attend the premiere of LOVELESS. His performance consisted of reading it to the crowd, like he used to do to his dear BFF's.. performing it as a play, portraying all the characters by himself, and turning it into various songs in every genre, composed by himself, of course. All the while the audience are all locked up inside the dome by the mysterious powers bestowed upon him.. forced to endure and give praise to such buffoonery..

Who will free the poor people of Gaia from this excruciating madness?

inspired by the true story of some whackjob Roman emperor

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Zombie_Aeris_avatar_by_Lexis_Saia.jpg

That is all

Ghost X

I dunno, Omega Weapon seemed like a bigger drain on the planet's resources then anything humanity had come up with. At this point it's only got itself to blame.

Wasn't it humans that caused this to happen though? :awesome:.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Global Warming, due to Barret's overenthusiastic use of oil and coal.

Arth

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Arthquake
The new threat is the Compilation timeline.Cloud and co. have to end the Jenova wars and whatsoever related to Jenova which somehow leads to everyone in the game forgetting what happened after beating Sephiroth in OG.And Cloud and Tifa finally get to see what awaits for them beyond the mountains...damnit, it´s about time!

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Whatever this new threat is I hope it can wipe off Genesis from the face of existence?:muhaha:

And there will be much rejoicing.:P

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Maybe we should go with Jenova's sister coming over for a visit.Then the Jenova's sister can finish off Genesis once and for all.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
There is no threat to the planet, this time.

Instead, the threat is to those living on it, because there are people who think humanity needs to be wiped out. Or improved, or that we need to get back to the way the Cetra did things. And they plan on bringing their ideals about by force.

And you have to stop them.

All.

Did I forget to mention you're going to be dealing with MULTIPLE radical armies?

Yeah, you are.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
^Can the "let's go back to the Cetra way" group be founded by people from Fort Condor using funding from Avalanche to hire mercs? :awesome:

Top Bottom