Square-Enix formed a Final Fantasy committee to ensure quality

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I wish Nojima were on it. Also maybe some of the younger employees that grew up on the peak years. But we all know that's not how corporate Japan works. But, hey, admitting you have a problem is the first step, so good for them.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Kitase and Toriyama have no business being on this committee. Kitase needed Tetsuya "Belts, Zippers and Whatever Looks Cool" Nomura of all people to tell him he was going too far in having Zack fight Jenova in Nibelheim. As for Motomu "Western Gamers Don't Get It" Toriyama -- do I even have to explain? Inexplicably, he directed X and X-2, so I don't know if he huffed paint fumes after that or what.

I feel like thse two are responsible for all the weirdness we've been seeing in FF lately. And not good weird like the creepy witch shit in FFVIII. Just "what the fuck were they thinking? weird. Granted, XIII's characterization is every bit as good as X's, but Toriyama is really unpredictable.

Tabata is just as hit and miss (he wrote and directed Type-0, but, sadly, he also directed Before Crisis). I don't really have an objection to his presence, but it isn't reassuring either. Yoshida is the only one getting a thumbs up from me.

tl;dr: This committee is a joke.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If you ask me they formed this committee because they ran out of ideas and want public suggestions. :monster:

I made the mistake of giving them my ideas years ago (which I suspect were used in FFX), now I'm planning on selling my own thank you VERY much!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yoshida is the only one getting a thumbs up from me.

Yes I forgot to give a nod to him. The man performed a damn miracle with XIV (even to someone who doesn't care for it, a look at the game they handed him and told him to fix makes it pretty irrefutable). Guy needs a medal.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Everyone on that list has had their equal shares of fucks-ups so everything balances out.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I actually don't know of any resounding fuck-ups that can be attributed to Yoshida. The "Monster Battle Road" games have been well-received, as has "Dragon Quest X," and A Realm Reborn speaks for itself.

In any case, yeah, everybody on the list has had moments of greatness, so let's hope they bring that to the table with them whenever they convene. Kitase I've given up hope for, but the other three may be able to get shit done so long as Toriyama is reminded that "Lightning isn't in it" or "Lightning doesn't make sexy poses in this" aren't valid negative criticisms.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
This committee is almost filled completely with the SE equivalent of Frank Miller. They all did something that was borderline great once and then just made crap the rest of their career.

This just further proves that SE is just completely detached from the sheer fact that the higher ups in SE dont have what it takes to make decent games in this day and age.

Yoshida really is the only person there with any shred of talent.

Lex

Administrator
Well, it's certainly an interesting step. I'm going to hold back on thoughts for now and see what happens, although I certainly agree that most of them have no business being on there.

Top Bottom