Dissidia to introduce FF to new generation, possible sequel on the way

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
In an interview with Japanese magazines this week, Square Enix producer Ichiro Hazama, known for his work on the Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts series, along with The World Ends with You, shares his thoughts on wanting to make a new Dissidia, and to also do a special something for Chrono Trigger’s 20th anniversary.

“I want to make a new Dissidia, and we intend to do so. The people who’ve worked on the previous titles have also stated their desire to make a new one, too,” says Hazama.

“When you ask kids in their teens about their favorite Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy Type-0 and Dissidia are more popular than the main-numbered series,” shares the producer, while mentioning that there are many who were still children when they first experienced playing Dissidia Final Fantasy.

Source

I wouldn't mind another one. I really want my mains in this series. They're just about out of main characters, we should be getting to the secondary main characters now.

Also whoa they're acknowledging Chrono Trigger's 20th anniversary.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
When you ask kids in their teens about their favorite Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy Type-0 and Dissidia are more popular than the main-numbered series

THAT'S BECAUSE YOU TAKE HALF A TEENS' LIFETIME TO FINISH A MAINLINE TITLE YOU GORMLESS TITS

I hope that the new Dissidia, if it indeed happens, is a completely new conflict outside of the continuity of the two previous games. This whole "thirteen-cycles" shenanigans and the fact that both games show the "final" conflict doesn't really set up sequels in a good way.

Dissidia 011! The pen-penultimate conflict!
Dissidia 010! The pen-pen-penultimate conflict!
Dissidia 009! Are you confused about the countdown naming yet?!

Screw that. Give me a new Dissidia game where all the characters actually remember their past and where we see everyone react to the strange worlds everyone is from. Make it FEEL like the worlds are actually meeting, rather than the dry "reset cardboard cut-outs" atmosphere I got from the first two titles.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
They really can't do a Dissidia 011. It was pretty clear that Sephiroth, Tifa and a number of others were there for the first time in 012. Also only three characters were erased due to Shinryu's experience absorbing and stuff. Either have it be a new conflict set after the original Dissidia or indeed a new continuity period.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
They really can't do a Dissidia 011. It was pretty clear that Sephiroth, Tifa and a number of others were there for the first time in 012. Also only three characters were erased due to Shinryu's experience absorbing and stuff. Either have it be a new conflict set after the original Dissidia or indeed a new continuity period.

Yeah, not to mention the Manikins were there for the first time in 012 as well, meaning there couldn't be any mooks in a Dissidia 011 or whatever. I'd definitely like a new Dissidia game, so long as its like you said a new conflict or continuity.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Sequel is totally doable, you could even justify the multiversal mashup happening again by claiming that the original cycle of conflicts made it possible for (insert cause of new conflict) to draw everyone in or some such.

skyrise

get cape. wear cape. fly.
I want Cid Highwind on the next one; don't care about the story, don't care about the setting, don't care about nothing but Cid should be on board. MAKE IT HAPPEN SQUEENIX. (okay tbh, only other care I got, is have Tifa yet again on board as well, and I'm good, I'm good.)

yay for CT, but not getting my hopes up for that one tbh.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

Because Squenix are ALL about continuity. :monster:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Last Dissidia game Warrior of Light spent a lot of the game without his helmet. What will he cast away next? His shirt? :P

Yeah I'm easy to please. xD

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
How about putting it on a console so I can play with my friend in the same room?

Git outta here, you dinosaur! Why would we allow two people to pay for one console and one game when we could double our profits and suckers will just take it??

Oh, sorry.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I'd love IX and VI to get more characters and for XIII to have a rival character.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
My Roster Wishlist (assuming it's a fighting game).

FF1: Red Mage / Chronodia
FF2: Leon / Maria
FF3: Xande
FF4: Ceodore / Rosa / Rydia
FF5: Faris
FF6: Celes / Shadow / Cyan
FF7: Yuffie / Vincent / Kadaj / Rosso / Weiss / Genesis
FF8: Rinoa / Quistis / Hyne
FF9: Beatrix / Steiner / Necron
FF10: Paine / Vegnagun
FF11: Lilisette / Lilith / Eald'Narche / Shinryu "Promathia"
FF12: Mydia the "Judge of Wings" / Fran / Balthier / Feolthanos / Judge Magister Basch(!)
FF13: Snow / "Shadow Hunter" Noel / "The Savior" Lightning / Caius / Bhunivelze
FF14: Gaius van Bealsar / Legatus Nael van Darnus / Archon Louisoix / Mwynn
FF15: Noctis Lucis Caelum / Stella Nox Fleuret / Etro
FFDimensions: Nacht / Sol / Sarah / Matoya / Elgo
FFTactics: Ramza / Delita / Agrias / Altima
FFMystic Quest: Benjamin / Dark King
FFFourHeroes: Brandt / Yunita / Jusqua / Aire / "Dark Lord" Chaos

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
My Roster Wishlist (assuming it's a fighting game).

FF1: Red Mage / Chronodia
FF2: Leon / Maria
FF3: Xande
FF4: Ceodore / Rosa / Rydia
FF5: Faris
FF6: Celes / Shadow / Cyan
FF7: Yuffie / Vincent / Kadaj / Rosso / Weiss / Genesis
FF8: Rinoa / Quistis / Hyne
FF9: Beatrix / Steiner / Necron
FF10: Paine / Vegnagun
FF11: Lilisette / Lilith / Eald'Narche / Shinryu "Promathia"
FF12: Mydia the "Judge of Wings" / Fran / Balthier / Feolthanos / Judge Magister Basch(!)
FF13: Snow / "Shadow Hunter" Noel / "The Savior" Lightning / Caius / Bhunivelze
FF14: Gaius van Bealsar / Legatus Nael van Darnus / Archon Louisoix / Mwynn
FF15: Noctis Lucis Caelum / Stella Nox Fleuret / Etro
FFDimensions: Nacht / Sol / Sarah / Matoya / Elgo
FFTactics: Ramza / Delita / Agrias / Altima
FFMystic Quest: Benjamin / Dark King
FFFourHeroes: Brandt / Yunita / Jusqua / Aire / "Dark Lord" Chaos

Mine would be Leon, Xande, Rosa, Edge, Rubicante, Galuf, Faris, Celes, Edgar, Barret, Red XIII, Jenova, Rinoa, Quistis, Seifer, Beatrix, Vivi, Seymour, Auron, Balthier, Vayne, Doctor Cid, Fang, Sazh, Barthandalas, Gaius van Baelsar, Noctis, Stella, Ramza, Delita and Agrias. I'm stuck on who'd like for FFXIV protagonist.

Top Bottom