Jenova and the Ancients

Pixel

The Pixie King
In 'Lateral Biography: TURKS - The Kids Are Alright', Jenova is described as a "mummy", ミイラ.

I've never given much thought to it. I just thought of her being sealed away in the northern crater with a spell or something after she was defeated by the ancients.

Do you think they sealed her in a sarcophagus? Given the ties to Egyptian/Mayan/Atlantian cultures, do you think thats what the writers meant?

I know the word mummy could just refer to the state of decay of the body part, though.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Or rather, lack of decay. If you look at naturally occurring mummies most of them are in really good shape for not having human intervention.

Actually, Jenova being a mummy is a really nice way to "bury" her but still be able to get "usable" DNA and stuff from her. Really wonder what Hojo was wanting to do by placing her in the mako.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
A mummy now that is an interesting perspective on how they managed to keep her imprisoned at the crater.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
It's got some skin after being buried for thousands of years it can be called a mummy, regardless of how it ended up that way.

BTW I'm surprised how much that guy knew. Did Reeve brief him on who Jenova really was or did Hojo have an inner circle among the scientists who were let in on what Gast discoved before Hojo killed him?

Top Bottom