Cetra Prequel

Novus

Pro Adventurer
I know everyone has ideas for various spinoffs, but I rarely see this proposed.
There is a wealth of mythology to explore. The Temple of the Ancients. The arrival of Jenova. Their religion and culture before Jenova. Creation of white (holy) and black material, perhaps a plot twist that they are actually souls of the main players or whichever way the writers choose to explore it.
The possibilities with this are endless; I’m surprised it hasn’t been officially considered.

Last edited:

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
It would be a really good way of establishing consistence in the plot, drawing a line that plots they write thereafter are forbidden from crossing, maybe. It's peculiar they didn't if we're talking solely about the versatility of it and how interesting it is, it's just the people's love of FF7 is focused more on the characters, not that the game's wanting for a rich lore steeped in intrigue that begs a sane person's attention.

It's a shame. The worst part is that they represented the Forgotten Capital in a more subdued and minimal way in AC from what I remember, so I'm not sure such a prequel would carry the OG lore feel.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I tried writing a fanfic prequel ages ago, but as usual it didn't go anywhere. :P
http://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12956&highlight=cetra

It would make a pretty great game tbh.

My idea is to start in the forgotten city as one of Aerith's ancestors. Jenova's meteor falls to the north. Climate of the world starts to change as the planet tries to heal itself.

Cetra from all over the world journey to knowlspole to help heal the wound. Jenova emerges and infects everyone, killing off most of the Cetra population. Aria's mother was one of the first to go north. Jenova kills her and takes her form. Comes back to the village and infects everyone, turning them into monsters.

Aria and a few others escape, and set off to find help from humans who have given up their Cetran abilities for an easier life.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Yeah while it would certainly hold my attention much more than any compilation titles have so far (I got my hopes up that the name "Crisis Core" implied the game would be about the Cetra... that was short lived) it just wouldn't sell. I don't even blame them anymore. It's a hard racket.

Also it's likely they would bunk it up even if they did do it - the producers would be too scared to take any risks with the FFVII universe now.

Anyway, that's what fan shit is for. Win!

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Because some things are best left to the imagination? If we were to avail ourselves of the opportunity to unfold the mystery, we would lose that sense of wonderment and critical thinking in order to fill in the gaps. I've never understood why it is that some people wish to have everything spoon-fed to them. Ask yourself whether the Jenova/Cetra backstory is one that needs to be told? We are given an historical account of what happened in-game, and if SE decided to realize those events and therefore demystify them, we would be left with one less thing to speculate on. It's also worth accepting that, on current form, SE's batch of writers wouldn't display the same appreciation for the source material that we the fans adhere to, and would most likely raise more questions than they do answers.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yeah i can imagine how shit they would make it. Characters looking more futuristic than in FFVII - These people lived in fucking sea shells for fucks sake. Theyd include some bullshit love story. I bet we wouldnt even see Jenovas true form and theyd invent some other bad guy for no raisin at all.

Yup, it would be far better for the fans to knock something together with rpg maker - if it still exists.

Lord Kesharq

Late night user(coffee!)
AKA
Lostlord, Lewisito
As much as i like this idea, i both feel like SE would mess it up/want to see it done....strange feeling tbh.

On the plus side, it be cool to see what it was all like back then, learn more about the cetra ect and also about jenova however this is SE were talking about here and as Octo said before me you can be pretty much damn sure Se would update/change/add in a ton of unneeded stuff or change stuff =/.

Oh and another thing Octo said "it would be far better for the fans to knock something together with rpg maker - if it still exists" would such a thing be possible? i mean could we as a gorup do such a thing? how hard would that be?. The idea of this group combining there talents into making a game (or 2) set in the FF7 world has cross my mind a few times lol.

Top Bottom