Aaron plays piano

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I've finally gotten a way to record myself, so here goes. I'm just going to be posting some demo recordings I'm making as they get made. These aren't going to be perfect; my piano hasn't been tuned yet so I don't see much purpose in aiming for perfection. As anyone who listens to these will probably be able to ascertain I'm aiming for spontaneity much more than for perfection anyway.

This first recording incorporates an extract from Genesis' "Supper's Ready" (odds are very unlikely that I'll learn the whole twenty-three-minute song because most of it wouldn't work for solo piano) as well as an old composition of mine.

Supper's Ready (extract)/Love (demo 2014/11/04) - 9:25
FLAC (34.7 MB)
mp3 (16.0 MB)

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V

I covered two Uematsu songs of similar name, one from Final Fantasy VI and one from Final Fantasy IX.

Terra (demo 2014/11/06) - 8:20
FLAC (32.9 MB)
mp3 (14.7 MB)

This is slightly edited because I removed a few glaring mistakes (though there's still one particularly noticeable one), but I've listened and the transition is pretty unobtrusive. If you weren't listening for it you probably wouldn't even know it was there (and now I've given away my evil secret). I'll probably re-record these after I know them better; I played them a bit fast anyway.

If you already downloaded this, I've edited it again, so you should grab the new version unless you like hearing my mistakes.

I also started a SoundCloud for people who want to stream my stuff instead, but for some reason it's not uploading the revised version of this track.[/theman]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
New recording. I improvised a lot more on this version, which is why it's a lot longer. There are still some mistakes but none of them are as glaring as the one at around 1:45 in my previous recording of this.

It's just a coincidence that this is exactly seven minutes longer than the previous version of this track.

Terra (demo 2014/11/10) - 15:20
FLAC (60.4 MB)
MP3 (27.4 MB)

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Good job, man.

I'm always impressed by people who can play the piano. It's a lot harder than it looks.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I didn't have any new material learned well enough to record at the moment and I have to give my recorder back tomorrow so I just made something up.

For an improv this isn't especially daring, considering it consists mostly of the same six chords in various progressions. I need to learn some jazz scales. It still sounds pretty nice though.

Colourless Green Ideas Sleep Furiously (improv 2014/11/23) - 6:00
FLAC (19.3 MB)
mp3 (10.4 MB)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Thanks for the SoundCloud. I'm enjoying myself with some soothing piano sounds of your while I'm at work now :awesomonster:

X :neo:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Glad you're enjoying them :monster:

Experimenting a bit with jazz scales, which I still don't know very well. I was also trying to be more adventurous with chord progressions, with mixed results. There's a false ending in the middle after I decided I wasn't done improvising. The actual ending came shortly after my dog barked wanting to go outside.

Improv 2014-11-24 (including Pachelbel's Kanon and barking dog) - 22:45
FLAC (72.7 MB)
mp3 (40.3 MB)

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Works now. I think it was the computer I was using. :monster:
These are beautiful...and relaxing. Do you typically use sheet music or play by ear?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Mostly I play by ear. Sometimes I use sheet music or write down chord changes, though (I did both with the Final Fantasy pieces because I'd just learned the FFIX one a few days before I recorded it).

Also, thanks :monster:

Top Bottom