Lex

Administrator
HFDJHFSGSJGJ

It's just a re-release but I had a heart attack

upscaled graphics

Last edited:

Telcontar

Donator
Watching it live. I got hyped as fuck when the logo popped up on the screen.

Fuck you Square. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

EDIT:

I swear to god. This was literally what I was doing when I saw that god damned logo.

colbert.gif

Last edited:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Hopefully they add more trophies/achievements to it. The ones on the Steam release are pretty bleh, except for the master of gil one, which is a bollocks

Lex

Administrator
OK so yeah I nearly died when he said 17 years and the FFVII logo appeared behind him.

Well it's not going to be a PSN re-release at least, like it's not the PS1 version emulated. They said it'll release in Spring and have upscaled graphics. I'm slightly worried that it's just going to be a port of the PC version which wouldn't be good, because the PC version has the original backgrounds which are super pixellated at resolutions above 320x240.

I'll still buy it anyway. And the possibility of trophies is amazeballs. There's an easy plat right there. It's probably too much to ask for for it to somehow include analogue support. The game shows its age not just through graphics, but how awkward the movement is. Hopefully we'll see something interesting that isn't just a half assed port. At least run the backgrounds through a fractals filter and extend the screen so we don't have black bars during battles etc.

Maybe it'll even support widescreen properly, who knows.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Square Enix: Guys we totally learned our lesson from our announcement of a future announcement last year so today we can tell you we have listened to the fans demand a FF7 remake and can announce that after 17 years since the game came out we are......
porting it to the PS4.

1287666826226.png

Lex

Administrator
Well it's going to be better than the PS1 port that is currently available on Playstation consoles. Also if it has trophies (and it better) it'll be the easiest platinum I ever did done getted. And I'll thoroughly enjoy getting it too.

It's definitely NOT going to be better than the mods available for the PC version.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Well uh. I disagree. :monster:

Will they at least feature an updated translation? Who knows. Anyway, I did a quick news article because I believe FFVII news are somewhat relevant to us. :wacky:

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
I think I remember reading somewhere that Square Enix had lost the original coding for the game or didn't own the copyrights for it or something :monster:

Trailer is FFVII hype, love the gorgeous lifestream effects in the background :pinkmonster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
This better be funding an actual remake

Incidentally so should all my ffxiv subscription money

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Here's another piece of news from the Playstation 20th Anniversary thing -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4DGBxkCYAAuqhC.jpg

http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/1412/03/news145.html

http://www.4gamer.net/games/050/G005070/20141203018/

Playstation's 20th Anniversary Playstation has been released, if you have have it and other Sony systems, there be wall papers/loading screen backgrounds. Lightning and Aerith feature on one of the screens, apparently they were in the top ten for popularity poll or something :pinkmonster: Pretty neat <3

Lex

Administrator
Renamed thread. OK now that I've had a while to calm down (guys when I say I nearly had a heart attack I'm not kidding, I screamed at the monitor), I'm feeling really pissed off about this.

I'm not bothered that they're releasing the PC version on the PS4. I'm super bothered that they announced it like this. They are very very aware that fans want a remake so I don't know who the fuck thought this kind of announcement was a good idea. It genuinely feels like they're laughing at their fans - at us. Not impressed.

I was a bit confused at the initial reaction in this thread both because my mind exploded as soon as I saw the FF7 logo on the main stage and because I do think that having a version available for PS4 is a good thing, but they could have very easily just released it with no fanfare as they've always done before with the ports. I'm not happy with this at all.

When the logo initially popped my mind went to the remake place, and to the maybe they're finally finishing the compilation place, and to the maybe they're doing a HD re-release of the Compilation like Kingdom Hearts place.

I don't know how they became so out of touch with their fanbase, but this problem has been going on for years :/

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah it’s like they’re deliberately trolling their fanbase at this point.

Top Bottom