• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Community playthrough game poll (January 2015)

Which of these games would you like to play with TLS next month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I was delighted to see so many people getting involved in suggesting games for our next community playthrough. 26 different people posted in the nominations thread and (coincidentally) 26 games were nominated. Every game with at least three nominations has made it onto this poll, making 11 in total.

Please read these simple instructions before you vote.

• You may vote for as many games as you want. Bear in mind the availability of each game (detailed below) when making your decision.
  • We will be playing in January 2015. If you don't think you'll be able to join in for whatever reason, please don't vote. By voting, you are saying "if this game is chosen, I'm in".
  • The game with the most votes on the 28th of December (two weeks from now) will be chosen.
  • If you have completed any of the games you are voting for and feel that you know them well enough to help run the playthrough, please say so in this thread :)
The games on the poll are:

• Chrono Trigger (SNES, PS1, DS, iOS, Android)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
  • Final Fantasy V (SNES, PS1, GBA, iOS, Android)
  • Final Fantasy X (PS2, PS3, Vita)
  • Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, XB360, PC)
  • Kingdom Hearts (PS2, PS3)
  • Mass Effect 2 (PC, XB360, PS3)
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
  • Pokémon* (GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS)
  • Tomb Raider 2013 (PC, PS3, PS4, XB360, XB1)
* The people who nominated Pokémon didn't specify which version (or generation) they'd like to play. If it's chosen, we'll either choose a version or just let everyone play whatever they can get their hands on.

Lots of those games can be emulated on a PC. It's particularly easy to emulate the SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance and PS1, and more powerful computers can emulate the PS2 as well. I'm not sure about the other listed consoles. If you prefer not to go down the piracy route, many of them are also available on the PSN, Wii Virtual Console, and so on, while the PC games can often be picked up very inexpensively in Steam sales or on the Humble Store.

May the best game win!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts II, Mass Effect 2, Pokémon and Tomb Raider 2013 for me!

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
KH, ME2, and Pokémon. I likes.

EDIT: If Pokémon is chosen, since they all have about the same amount of towns and more-or-less the same HM's needed at the same time, it might be possible to divide it up by that. Everyone simply has to keep up according to what number town was done.

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Whoops, must've pressed II. I did mean the first one! :P

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I voted for ALMOST every game :P

If you need any help, I'm familiar with Chrono Trigger, FFT/X/XII, Mass Effect, and whatever Pokemon game is chosen. My FFV is a bit rusty, though.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I doubt I'll be able to particpate anyway but I searched the google Play store and couldn't see FFV anywhere but could see Chrono Trigger (Which got a lot of unfavourable reviews for that particular port)? Am I just being dense?:huh:

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Also, FFT is available on PSP as well :D
You must mean War of the Lions? I was discussing it with Lex on Skype last night and he said it wasn't the same game - it has enough changes to be make it more than a simple port or re-release. That's why I didn't include it :)

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fair enough.

Sorry, Fangu. I tried, but no FFT Balthier this time.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
That doesn't mean people can't play it! It's just that we'll be basing our chapters and discussions on the original game if it's selected.

Lex

Administrator
I agree. It's still too different to be classed as just an update of the original though IMO. The tone of the plot is completely different as are a number of other things. As Flint has said, it doesn't stop people from playing war of the lions if it gets picked, it just means the chapter questions etc. are going to be based on the original.

I don't know what I'll play tbh. I own War of the Lions for PSP but I can just as easily emulate FFT.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I agree. It's still too different to be classed as just an update of the original though IMO. The tone of the plot is completely different as are a number of other things

I disagree; the translation is just improved; the plot is exactly the same in all respects. The gameplay updates are cool, but they're too marginal to not be considered an update.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy V, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raiders or Mass Effect 2 get my votes.

And I wouldn't say Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions translation is a straight improvement. It has improvements but it also goes preposterously far in it's Shakespearifaction of the script, there's no way people ever talked in such a round about manner. None of the other Ivalice titles are this bad either.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
And I wouldn't say Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions translation is a straight improvement. It has improvements but it also goes preposterously far in it's Shakespearifaction of the script, there's no way people ever talked in such a round about manner. None of the other Ivalice titles are this bad either.

It's a personal preference whether or not an individual enjoys War of the Lions more, but what I'm saying that in terms of the plot, its the exact same game.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Chrono Trigger has a pretty healthy lead at the moment.

Besides Doom/Omega, does anyone else feel that their knowledge of the game is enough to help run the playthrough?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I'd volunteer Ryu and Mog, tbh, because I know they're up on their p's and q's for CT. I dunno if they're going to be participating or not, though, and it's also not for me to volunteer people :P

Top Bottom