Reduced activity coming up

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I wouldn't normally feel the need to make a thread like this, but since I've been heavily involved in our content production and site discussions over the last couple of days, I should probably give you some advance notice that I'm going to have to be less active for the next month or so.

I'm going away to celebrate midsummer (Juhannus) tomorrow evening, and I'll be gone until either Saturday or Sunday. After that, I've got a few things to take care of before my brother (Monterosa) arrives in Finland on Tuesday. We'll be spending time with our family and friends here before flying to England for the first two weeks of July. Then I'll have a few days to myself before we meet up again in Finland, and he'll be staying until the 28th.

I'll definitely be visiting TLS during that time, but since I'll be away from my primary computer for most of it, I probably won't be able to contribute much to TLS. I had already planned to complete the Mythril Mines event and organise the next community playthrough (which I'll probably hand to someone else to run after Omega did it so well last time), and I'll want to take part in our site discussions, so that won't leave a lot of time for remake-related projects.

While I'm sure the existing team can continue to pump out top notch articles, there are a few areas I'm concerned about leaving behind:

1. Facebook. I've been the one to post all of our remake articles (and some other stuff) on there, and the engagement has been very positive. As I write this, our first "breaking news" article has over 500 clicks and close to 400 "likes, comments and shares". Since we're not on Google News and tend not to rank very highly on anything other than highly specific web searches, social media is absolutely crucial for us in continuing to drive traffic and new members our way. Ideally, I'd like us to have a team of social media handlers in different timezones so that we're ready to share our articles as soon as they're ready. Joe already has access to our accounts, but half of our new articles are yet to be shared on Twitter, while our G+ and Tumblr accounts are as good as dead. I'm not in charge of hiring and firing for TLS but I would urge our staff to recruit some more people, or get involved with it themselves.

2. Graphics. I'm not officially our site designer but I seem to be the person people come to when they need something knocked up for an article. Obs, will you be able to take over that responsibility for the time being? We can share the duties again once I'm "back".

3. Podcast organisation. It's Vader's show, but since we're still getting it off the ground, I'm a bit worried that nobody else will make sure it's recorded on a regular basis. Remember, we said we'd aim for every two weeks, and as soon as we've got into a pattern, we're going to stick to the same time and day of the week to record every episode. I hope another senior staff member will step up to make sure this happens and to give Vader whatever help he needs.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Quick someone add more smilies to the forum while he's gone.

ILU Flint! <3

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Because you're a Sontaran.

Dr-Who-Snowmen5_zps5f63a2bd.jpg

Lex

Administrator
Flint, do you have someone else with access to the facebook page at least? If Joe isn't already on there, I suggest giving him the necessary permissions. He's been doing a good job of keeping active on the Twitter for the last few days so he can take over FB.

As for the podcast, anyone can post a reminder in there to organise whatever within the coming week, so don't worry.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Yep, Joe and Pixel are the two other people with Facebook access.

Anyway, I'm off. See you at some point for the Mythril Mines updates, and more properly on Sunday. Be excellent to each other!

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Have fun, Flint! :)

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Flint you son of a gun! I really wanted to celebrate mid-summer's night party every year, but since 4 years I've been too busy with the school and never had the time to travel to Finland. I'm envious of you. Take care, party hard!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I guess I can say I'm back now. :) I'll try to get stuck into a new (or an old) TLS project in the forthcoming week.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Welcome back! :)

Top Bottom