• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

I don't even think you watch E3 live generally.
This is true. That recent event where I watched the reveal of Last of Us II with you guys was a rare occasion, because I thought to myself "You know, I honestly care too little about live events" and so I went and watched. :monster:

I think it was you Lex who first linked me the FFVII Remake reveal trailer on Skype. If not you then it was somebody else on Skype. I clicked on the link without having any idea what it was going to be. Must not have paid attention to the video title because up until the last few seconds I was preparing myself for this being something other than a remake. Then when it turned out to actually be just that...I experienced a flood of positive and negative emotions that mostly made me speechless.

So while I did miss out on the experience of seeing the live event, I was still completely in the dark until I clicked on that first link to the trailer. Only afterwards did I visit TLS and see how people half a day before had written on the forum "WHERE IS SHAD" :lol:

In hindsight I can't stand that "reaction" video of mine, hence why I've made it unlisted. You'll have to find a link in the TLS archives to watch it now. :wacky:

EDIT: One of the YouTube comments I received was amusing though.
Dude, I thought you were 7 years old, then you start talking with the voice of Lemmy from Motörhead.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I just went through the whole thread and found it. (The actual quote is "Good luck Square-Enix" among other gems -- "I haven't eaten anything this morning. Food is not important.") but if ya don't like it I shan't embed it.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Can you send me the link please Ite? I think I missed out on the shaddy goodness first time round. :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
It's in the FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED thread (basically our live E3 2015 thread) on page [redacted]

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Soooo...while the fact that he showed Famitsu some footage in that article is exciting, his actual comments from the same article seem to shoot down any hopes of more info soon, particularly on the 31st. That is, unless they're playing a really, really elaborate bait-and-switch.
From the article: "I didn’t give much information on KH3 or FFVII Remake last year, but I hope I can show you our progress if any events align this year." --If, meaning nothing is planned for the time being, but essentially 'who knows? maybe something could happen over the course of the entire year if we get around to it'.
And, earlier in the same article, when asked directly about January 31st: "I don't plan to participate". Followed by the mention of a freakin' snow sculpture. In February.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I highly doubt they'd have an FF anniversary event on the day of FFVII's 20th anniversary and then just not show anything on FFVII.
That'd be incredibly tone-deaf even for Square Enix.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I highly doubt they'd have an FF anniversary event on the day of FFVII's 20th anniversary and then just not show anything on FFVII.
When was the last time they revealed/released something FF related on the same of a FF anniversary? and Why should they do that (cause last time I checked, the VIIRemake was not announced on any particular important FFVII date) ?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I don't believe anyone is saying they should do it, but the fact that they've decided to schedule an event on the 20th anniversary of their most popular property's release when said property has a remake underway, of which there has been no news in over a year ...?

If they have nothing new to show about it, that would just be fucking stupid. Sorry if you disagree, but it would be.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I don't believe anyone is saying they should do it, but the fact that they've decided to schedule an event on the 20th anniversary of their most popular property's release when said property has a remake underway, of which there has been no news in over a year ...?

If they have nothing new to show about it, that would just be fucking stupid. Sorry if you disagree, but it would be.

Kingdom Hearts 2.9999999999998 confirmed.

Lex

Administrator
Soooo...while the fact that he showed Famitsu some footage in that article is exciting, his actual comments from the same article seem to shoot down any hopes of more info soon, particularly on the 31st. That is, unless they're playing a really, really elaborate bait-and-switch.
From the article: "I didn’t give much information on KH3 or FFVII Remake last year, but I hope I can show you our progress if any events align this year." --If, meaning nothing is planned for the time being, but essentially 'who knows? maybe something could happen over the course of the entire year if we get around to it'.
And, earlier in the same article, when asked directly about January 31st: "I don't plan to participate". Followed by the mention of a freakin' snow sculpture. In February.

When was the last time they revealed/released something FF related on the same of a FF anniversary? and Why should they do that (cause last time I checked, the VIIRemake was not announced on any particular important FFVII date) ?

The point to take home here is the bolded at the end of Tres's post. They've specifically chosen to do it on FFVII's 20th Anniversary - they could have picked any other date. Admittedly I was bummed by Nomura's comments too, so my expectations are tempered (i.e. this is Square-Enix, it's entirely possible we won't get VIIR news) but if they hold a 30th FF anniversary event on FFVII's 20th anniversary and show nothing from the game they know is on everyone's minds, it's going to cause total uproar.

It'd be one thing to hold an event on a random date, it's another to say "we are holding this special event about the 30th anniversary of this series on the 20th anniversary of the biggest game in our franchise but expect no new information about the remake of said game".

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

Yeah, if they're just gonna talk about the previous games and only mention a little on even the Remake with no new info what so ever on the 31st, even just a new gameplay trailer, then yeah, that would be stupid and a complete waste of time, if you ask me.

And JechtShotMK9, sorry, but the extended ending already showed us the direct opening of KH3 even though we have to wait until next week for 2.8 to be released outside Japan.

Last edited:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Lex said:
It'd be one thing to hold an event on a random date, it's another to say "we are holding this special event about the 30th anniversary of this series on the 20th anniversary of the biggest game in our franchise but expect no new information about the remake of said game".

THANK YOU. Also at Tres and Tetsujin.

People in our Skype group chat know I was going on about this a week back or so.

Its too much of a coincidence for Square to randomly pick 7's release date for this Anniversary event. Also for Yop and anyone else that was listening, the "Eat my Hat" statement still stands.

Top Bottom