• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII Community Playthrough 2015

Lex

Administrator
M8TDE.jpg

As per the results of the poll thread, you as a community have voted for Final Fantasy VII, so let's get cracking :)

Since we have a few new members now, here's a breakdown of what we normally do:

Chapters are set with a target image (where the chapter ends) and a completion window of one week. This time, we're going to pull for two chapters per week and won't be using the previous order. In addition, the chapters themselves will be beefier.

Chapters (Provisional)

1. Opening - Shinra Building 64th Floor
2. Midgar II - Costa Del Sol
3. Costa Del Sol - Rocket Town
4. Rocket Town - Bone Village
5. Bone Village - Northern Crater
6. Northern Crater - Mideel
7. Mideel - Underwater Reactor
8. Underwater Reactor - Ancient City
9. Ancient City - End of Disc 2
10. Optional Stuff
11. Moar optional stuff - The End

The reason for this is that a week is a lot of time really for a small segment of the game, and we've found in the past that if these events run for too long participation dwindles. The FFVIII playthrough had perhaps the largest segments of any game we've ever done and it had the highest percentage of people sticking with it right to the very end.

Participation

Post here if you are going to be participating. As per the poll thread, the following people have committed to participating in the playthrough for the entire run:

Addison, Aerith Gainsborough, Cid Highwind, Claymore, Imperator Furiosa, Kionae, Lex, Nanaki, Teioh, The Engineer, The Man, Tifa Lockhart, Flintlock, JasonTandro, KingdomHearts530, Sprites.

Normally we post a chapter description with a target date and questions about the chapter. Due to the announcement of the remake, we'll do things a little differently this time. Instead of questions, talk about whatever you like from the chapter and give us the rundown of how yours went, but while you're playing, keep an eye out for things that you're curious about re: the remake and chat about those too.

I'll stream each chapter on set days. Since we're doing two chapters per week, one will be Fri/Sat/Sun, the other will likely be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Obtaining the game

The game is available on PSN for the PS3, PSP and PS Vita, and on PC via Steam or the Square Enix Online Store. You may also choose to emulate the game. Flintlock provided a great tutorial on how to go about this in the FFVII community relay thread. The PC version has mods available, but as someone who has experience installing said mods fair warning: they can be incredibly finicky. In addition, you cannot install mods on the Square Enix version without using a converter (which essentially removes the DRM), and only some are compatible with the Steam version unless you work some jiggery hackery that involves removing the ability to earn the Steam achievements and use cloud saves. You have been warned.

Modding the game

Those still wishing to install mods for the PC game can do so by following instructions in various threads over at the Qhimm forums. There are tools and installers galore to edit the game to your liking, the options are endless. This comes with another warning: talk of piracy is strictly prohibited there. This extends to the mods available. Some of the best looking character mods that were available 6 or so years ago involved ripping Crisis Core and Dissidia models. These were quickly banned in fear of a C&D from Square and have been a relatively taboo subject ever since.

So if you sign up and decide to post there for whatever reason, be wary of this. As a community they have become friendlier over the years due to being inundated with people who caught wind of some of the nice graphical mods and wanted a piece of the action, but once upon a time non-tech discussion was heavily discouraged and that culture has not completely left the place.

That said, if you have an issue and clearly describe the problem you're having, someone will help you with it. It's by no means an evil place, it's just very strict compared to most boards (and especially strict compared to here). I've been a member there for over ten years (though I rarely post these days).

And that's all you need to know <3

TL;DR

Whatever version you're playing, have it ready to rock by this weekend (if you're modding, give yourself a full day to do so. Trust me on that). I'll post the full chapter details before then :)

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Let's get this show on the road! :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I'm in. See you next week when you all catch up with me lol.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'll be playing along, probably with a new challenge. HDINS was next on my list but it's obviously not suitable for an event like this, so I'll have to have a think. Due to being on holiday in England for the next couple of weeks, I probably won't be able to join you for streaming/Skyping very often though.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Downloading!

Btw I'm totally going for overlevelling in the beginning I always try and best myself to see how early can I get to a specific level, get limit breaks :D

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Addison, Aerith Gainsborough, Cid Highwind, Claymore, Imperator Furiosa, Kionae, Lex, Nanaki, Teioh, The Engineer, The Man, Tifa Lockhart, Flintlock, JasonTandro, KingdomHearts530, Sprites.

Due to unforeseen circumstances that will keep me away from technology exactly from the time the community playthrough begins to exactly when it finishes (what a coincidence!), I won't be able to take part in it. What a shame.

ok bye. :monster:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Dammit guys I'm gonna have to hold off for about two weeks before I can start we recently switched WiFi providers in my house and the WiFi is not compatible with my psp I mean WTF since when is WiFi not fucking compatible and I don't have the cable that you can use to download the games from my laptop to the psp until my parents bring my remaining stuff down in 2 weeks, my cable, PlayStation all my games etc, so I can't fucking redownload it right now!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh, I would like to do this. :)

I'll have to go dig out my PS3. It's been sitting in storage for the past two months. :(

But dang now I'm really wishing I hadn't sold my copy of FFVII. :sadpanda:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Due to unforeseen circumstances that will keep me away from technology exactly from the time the community playthrough begins to exactly when it finishes (what a coincidence!), I won't be able to take part in it. What a shame.

HAno.gif

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot

ip b7

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
At least I know where it is and that I kept it and plan on participating. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I refuse to believe anything until proof comes into light. :monster:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Ummm it's not nonsense what I'm saying, I'll be able to play in Two weeks time when my parents bring my console, leads and extra games I have at home so if the psp thing doesn't work I can boot it up on my ps2 in fact I can probably get through the 1st chapter in no time but honestly I have no other way of getting hold of a copy at the moment my new laptop doesn't have enough memory to download an emulator plus games and there's nothing I can do about my WiFi not being compatible or not brining my cable when I assumed I wouldn't need it. Seriously incompatible WiFi I'm still puzzled by that one.

Top Bottom