• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fanscore: How big of a fan are you?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Main series
  • Final Fantasy
  • Final Fantasy II
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Final Fantasy IV
  • Final Fantasy V
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy XI
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Final Fantasy IV series
  • Final Fantasy IV: Interlude
  • Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

Compilation of Final Fantasy VII
  • Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII
  • Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
  • Dirge of Cerberus: Lost Episode: Final Fantasy VII
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding
  • Final Fantasy VII: G-Bike

Final Fantasy X series
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy X-2: Last Mission

Ivalice series
  • Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
  • Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
  • Final Fantasy Tactics S

Fabula Nova Crystallis
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Final Fantasy Agito

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Legend series
  • The Final Fantasy Legend
  • The Final Fantasy Legend II
  • The Final Fantasy Legend III

Dissidia Final Fantasy series
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy
  • Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy series
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call

Chocobo Series
  • Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
  • Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon

Final Fantasy: Unlimited series
  • Final Fantasy: Unlimited with U
  • Final Fantasy: Unlimited on PC Adventure - Labyrinth

Other
  • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
  • Final Fantasy Adventure
  • Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
  • Final Fantasy Dimensions
  • Final Fantasy Legends: Toki no Suishō
  • Pictlogica Final Fantasy
  • Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade
  • Final Fantasy Artniks
  • Final Fantasy Artniks Dive
  • Final Fantasy All the Bravest
  • Final Fantasy Explorers
  • Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  • Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
  • Mobius Final Fantasy
  • Final Fantasy Grandmasters

God damn that's a lot. I used a simple criterion for determining which games made the list: they had to have the words "Final Fantasy" in their title.

How many of those games have you played, even for a moment? How many have you played for a decent length of time? How many have you completed? How many have you completed multiple times?

You can answer those questions separately if you want... or you could combine them all into what I'm going to call your Final Fanscore.

I've put together a calculator using Jotforms: click here and select the rightmost category that applies to you for each game. You can go do that now, come back and post your score - the rest of this introduction just explains how the score is calculated.

For each game on that list (if you think I've missed something, let me know), you score points from one of the following categories, whichever is highest:

• Played the game, even for a moment: 1 point
  • Played the game for at least one hour: 2 points
  • Played the game for at least 10 hours: 3 points
  • Completed the game once: 5 points
  • Completed the game multiple times: 8 points
  • Completed the game fully (100%): 10 points

So, if you had played Final Fantasy VII for 60 hours without completing it, you'd score 3 points for it; if you had completed it as well, you'd score 5 points, not 5+3. If you later complete it a second time, you'd replace that 5 with 8.

The games on the list above vary considerably, which is why I'm not putting any strict limits on what counts as 100%. You should have a good idea yourself of whether you've done it or not. You should at least have beaten all the game's optional/super bosses and completed all the main side-quests. You don't have to reach the maximum level with every character, since if you can beat the super bosses at a lower level, there's really no point. It's not a "perfect game" requirement, in other words.

If a game can't be completed (if it's open-ended, for instance), just choose a category based on how long you've played it. MMOs are treated slightly differently:

• Played the game, even for a moment: 1 point
  • Played the game for at least one hour: 2 points
  • Played the game for at least 10 hours: 3 points
  • Played the game for at least 100 hours: 5 points
  • Completed the main story at least once: 8 points
  • Played the game for at least 1000 hours: 10 points

Finally, since some games are more important than others, they are weighted as follows:

• Main series, including MMOs: 3
  • Final Fantasy IV series, Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X series, Ivalice series, Fabula Nova Crystallis: 2
  • Everything else: 1

Let's say you've completed Final Fantasy IV twice and played All the Bravest for one hour (which is one hour too long, you poor soul). You'd score (8 * 3) points for IV, since it's in the main series, and (2 * 1) points for AtB, since it's in the "other" category. That would give you a total of 26 points.

Here's the calculator link again for those of you patient enough to read this far. What's your score? I'll post mine later. :)

Disclaimer: any sort of calculation like this is inevitably going to be arbitrary. I'll take feedback on board, but we're never going to make it perfect. I also wanted to keep it relatively simple.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
According to the calculator, I scored 189. I'm going to have to read through this again to understand the calculation. :lol:

I've only ever fully completed FFVIII. In all my years on this earth I've never defeated Ruby OR Emerald weapon in FFVII. :wacky:

RedFFWolf

Donator
Let's see - 9 games. Two played just over an hour and little more (FFX-2: Last Mission & FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus). Five fully completed (FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX-2), with FFX & FFXII just not defeating Penance (yeah, I Zanmato'd the guy at one point but I can't bring myself to let that count) and Yiazmat (got bored with him, even though I could've beaten him) respectively - so those two will go under "completed multiple times" instead.

The calculator has given me a score of 196
I think when I play, I really play, but I haven't ventured much beyond certain consoles.

Lex

Administrator
Now I understand why you were asking me how many hours I'd logged in FFXIV :monster:

Great idea btw.

For anyone wondering, you can get your actual in-game playtime in FFXIV by typing /playtime in the chatbox. My XIV playtime is at 1480 hours right now, which actually isn't that high compared to some people. Knuxson and Miscreant have definitely logged more but I've probably logged more than the rest of the folk here on the board.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
(This post has been updated)

I ended up with a score of 248. I've played every main series game (non-MMO) except the original Final Fantasy, and I've completed seven of them (IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII). Of those, I've completed all but IV and VI multiple times, and I've completed all but IX and X 100%. I'm very close to completing those two 100% as well, but I'm not counting them yet. My spinoff experience is very limited.

Last edited:

AvecAloes

Donator
287. Not bad, not bad :P

@Lex - I've logged 431.5 hours in XIV, which I'm sure is nowhere near as many as you have logged. I did take about a year off, though, haha.

brb gonna play some XIV

Lex

Administrator
My final score is 622.

There are few FF games that I haven't played at least for a little bit, most of them Japan Exclusive. I've completed every main-series game (aside from XI) and the only two I haven't 100%'d are II and III.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
A nice round 200. I rarely complete games but I do have many with 10+ hours of game time (I'm at the final boss stage for VI and VIII. One day I'll stop procrastinating and finish them... maybe). I think the 100% completion of X-2 worked in my favour here. Also a lot of games I've played for at least an hour. Out of the main series the only ones I have spent less than ten hours on also happen to be the first two in the series. I beat X but I have never been able to get the final weapons for several of the characters so I don't count it as being 100%, all Dark Aeons defeated though.

Edit: Lex's score is making me feel ashamed lol

AvecAloes

Donator
I think the only person who should feel ashamed of Lex's score is Lex :P

Just kidding Lex, I love you and am inspired <3

Lex

Administrator
I'm a completionist and FF games always present a mountain of fun (and rewarding) challenge in that respect. When filling out the survey I was honestly disappointed that there are a lot I haven't even tried, but they're games I don't care about or can't have access to.

If there was an option for how many times you've completed/ 100%'d a game, my score would be truly ridiculous. Because a "regular" playthrough for me in FF is a "100%" (in the context of this calculation) playthrough. I don't consider the game complete until I've done everything there is to do.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Got 268. Does defeating the superbosses equal completed fully?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Looks like I've scored 264. More than I thought I would get. :)

I've never played I, II, and V, but the rest of the main series (that are not MMO's) I've played. The ones I haven't completed are III, IV, and VIII (though IV and VIII I got very close to the end!)
I've come close to scoring 100% on FFVII CC and DoC, but I've never completed every mission on either game, though I've come close with CC. Also close would be IX and XII; I've played IX so many times growing up, I've found almost everything/beaten all the bosses (except Ozma). With XII, I've come close to finishing all the Hunts except for the last few; biggest bosses I've conquered was the Hell Wyrm and Zodiark.

Funnily enough, the only game I can say for certain I've scored 100% on is XIII-2.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've played all of the main series except III and beaten all from IV on save for XI and XII. However, not being a completionist I haven't fully completed many. Just VII and XIII.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
I've completed all the main series non-MMO FFs on Sony home consoles (so basically not III), Crisis Core, DoC, X-2, and XIII-2; and I've played about an hour of Type-0, and briefly Tactics:WotL.

I can say I've 100%ed FFI, FFIV, and FFVI only because I played versions without superbosses. I would have put II on that list but I only did it on Easy (I don't think Normal's any harder, it's just the NES version so doesn't have sprint or retarget-if-dead). I've gone quite some way to 100%ing Crisis Core, XIII-2, IX, VII, and X, but in each case I never beat the superest of bosses.

I did beat VIII's superboss though.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Well... 361, not bad! :)

I've played quite a bit, completed most games in the main series.

Surprisingly (or not), I have played only three of the "other games".

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I got 131. Yay for being the lamest here so far :monster:

There now. We're all here for the company, not the gaems. :properhug:

^ Seriously though. I prefer Breath of Fire and Star ocean over sooooo many FF games. I've only ever completed VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XIII and XIII-2. Only fully completed FFVIII. I am ASHAMED that I have never defeated Ozma in IX. :wacky:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
0.jpg

VEGETA. WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS FAN LEVEL?

hqdefault.jpg

HE'S A TOTAL GEEK!

... Er 377

Top Bottom