• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Aerith or Tifa?

Who do you prefer, Aerith or Tifa?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • Tifa

Votes: 60 67.4%
  • Neither; Yuffie wipes the floor with both of them

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters

Isabella

Your Mom
First of all, this is NOT an LTD thread so let's leave Cloud out of it. This is in response to the 'Cloud or Zack?' thread. I thought we should do one for the leading ladies as well. So which girl do you think makes the best all-around character and why? Do you prefer Tifa's level-headedness and warmth, or Aerith's optimism and enthusiasm?

Oh, and instant FAIL to anyone who mentions breasts as a reason. :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Aerith *and* Tifa. Because both have great bre.....legs.

Seriously, they've both got their strong points in terms of looks *and* personality. Aerith has that sort of girl-next-door appeal while Tifa is more buxom. Aerith is a lot more chearful while Tifa is more reserved.

I'd go with Aerith. I put on a good show on the internet, but in real life I can be pretty moody and mopey. Having an upbeat and cheerful girl like Aerith as a girlfriend might help cheer me up - for more reasons than one. :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I wish there was an option for both cause I like 'em both. But I guess I shall pick Tifa.

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
Tifa. Her looking after vegetable Cloud in Mideel alone was enough to win me over. She's very, very strong, in more ways than one.

I've never liked Aerith as a character. She's scripted to hit on Cloud repeatedly even when he states that Tifa is his girlfriend, and frankly, I find that disturbing. And added to that, her frivolity and her lack of tact with Barret at the Gold Saucer disgusted me.

I don't, however, subscribe to the notion that she is a "slut" just because she hits on Cloud (unprincipled, maybe, but not a slut), or because she forgets Zack (she waited for years, come on).

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Chose Tifa. Not because I dislike Aerith, but I like her more than Aerith (in the same sense I like Rosa better than Rydia), and there's no option for both.

Tifa taking care of the Veggie Cloud and supporting him in his darkest hour are what make me make that choice. Granted, Aerith's not totally unsympathetic, and she has an interesting story in her own right, she's just not my favorite.

Also, I gotta say, CC made Yuffie a lot more enjoyable in my eyes. Her quest plotlines are just silly.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I really like them both, but I decided to choose Tifa, because she’s the one who I can relate to more in terms of personality. I use to encourage people around me, but I get depressed easily, and people often tell me that I sometimes act like a mother, plus, I’d die of embarrassment before telling that special someone what I feel about him. Just like Tifa.

her frivolity and her lack of tact with Barret at the Gold Saucer disgusted me.

I can tell you that it’s not out of frivolity, because sometimes it’s way better to let angry people to cool down on their own. As much as it would look wrong, showing someone with bad temper that their anger doesn’t affect you is the best way to deal with them, rather than cower of fear or confront them. And I speak from my personal experience.

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
I can tell you that it’s not out of frivolity, because sometimes it’s way better to let angry people to cool down on their own. As much as it would look wrong, showing someone with bad temper that their anger doesn’t affect you is the best way to deal with them, rather than cower of fear or confront them. And I speak from my personal experience.

This is generally true. It's also the best way to deal with someone spoilt who's throwing a tantrum to scare someone. A tantrum over something small, perhaps.

But remember, Barret had just told the party how he'd lost his village, his wife, his best friend, and most of his friends and family - and how it was "his fault." He'd just walked through a settlement where almost everyone hated and blamed him, and made no effort to hide it. You've just gotten a glimpse into how fucked up his past really is.

I called her frivolous, because I got that impression when even after hearing something so awful, and while it was clearly evident that Barret was suffering, she'd just flippantly go "Let's have fun!" I called her tactless because she even waltzed right up to him and told him to "cheer up!" That's hardly leaving him alone to cool down. :monster:

I really like them both - as characters, each enhances the other. I was always sorry their friendship couldn't be more fully developed. But Tifa is so real. I love her dedication to Cloud, her strength, her depth, her toughness and her femininity, and her intelligence. The game barely scratches the surface of what she could be as a character in, say, a novel.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
This is generally true. It's also the best way to deal with someone spoilt who's throwing a tantrum to scare someone. A tantrum over something small, perhaps.

But remember, Barret had just told the party how he'd lost his village, his wife, his best friend, and most of his friends and family - and how it was "his fault." He'd just walked through a settlement where almost everyone hated and blamed him, and made no effort to hide it. You've just gotten a glimpse into how fucked up his past really is.

I called her frivolous, because I got that impression when even after hearing something so awful, and while it was clearly evident that Barret was suffering, she'd just flippantly go "Let's have fun!" I called her tactless because she even waltzed right up to him and told him to "cheer up!" That's hardly leaving him alone to cool down. :monster:

Maybe Aerith needed a degree on Psychology :monster:

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Wow. We're pretty biased on this site. :monster:

I really like them both - as characters, each enhances the other. I was always sorry their friendship couldn't be more fully developed. But Tifa is so real. I love her dedication to Cloud, her strength, her depth, her toughness and her femininity, and her intelligence. The game barely scratches the surface of what she could be as a character in, say, a novel.

Precisely this. Well put.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Tifa, cause she'll fuck your shit up royally with her fists. Seeing her kick ass just sends shivers down my spine. <3

Aerith's awesome too, and a potent mage. But I just love good ole' fashion ultra violence :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
I wish there was an option for both cause I like 'em both. But I guess I shall pick Tifa.

I did that on purpose so people couldn't take the easy way out. :)

I had a tough time answering this one. Tifa is definitely a lot like me and therefore more relatable. But Aerith possesses qualities I admire, that I wish I had. I like her joyfulness, and her ability to confront most any situation head-on. Though there are moments when I find her exuberance a bit OTT and cloying.

I ultimately voted for Tifa. I did get frustrated with her insecurities at times, but in the end her quiet strength won me over.

Last edited:

fainessae

sleepy
I chose Aerith, although there was once a time when Tifa was my absolute favorite. =)

I enjoy the complexities of Aerith's character more now. It's unusual to have a heroine in a game who has to face herself and her own inability to accept reality the way Aerith does. I really like how the past echoes strongly within her, and how even though she's always looking to the future, she can't quite completely free herself from the past. I enjoy her grace in accepting her role as a Cetra and equally how she's rather ungraceful in every day life. These round her out a little more than most characters get to be, and that's rather refreshing.

Tifa is fabulous as well, but I think she's almost too patient and too understanding to be my favorite. =)

Vendel

Banned
Tifa. Because I only use Aerith for that one boss fight.

Plus Tifa has them big ol honkin' tits.

Gotta love a woman who can kick your ass, run a bar and raise a family at the same time.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
... I voted for.... no really if you don't know, you don't know me very well at all.

Orbiting Gravity

Rookie Adventurer
Aerith receives my vote.

She's kind-hearted, determined, and she has something about her that just makes you feel relaxed.

Tifa's good too, of course. I just like Aerith more though.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I adore all three, but it has to be Tifa for me. Brains and beauty and probably one of the most selfless characters I have ever seen. I like how well-balanced her character is with her positive and negative attributes.

Top Bottom