On the Way to a Smile Audiobooks

Pixel

The Pixie King
On the Way to a Smile Audiobooks - Final Fantasy VII

Based on official novellas written by Kazushige Nojima, this audiobook series, directed and produced by TLS member Pixel, follows some of our favourite characters as they come to terms with the events of Final Fantasy VII. Featuring an impressive cast of voice actors and beautiful musical compositions, this is a mandatory listen for anyone who is a fan of FFVII.

Case of Tifa / Episode: Tifa

COT%20Cover_zpsgkuah4ko.jpg

Set after the events of Final Fantasy VII, Tifa, impressively voiced by Christina McBride, struggles with her past as she tries to lead a normal life with Cloud(Anthony Muth), Barret(psylentknight) and Marlene(rinrinOrikuriku). Featuring music by HypochondriacPiano and Roy Todd.

Case of Denzel / Episode: Denzel
CoD_covera_zpsupnwaofk.jpg

From the perspective of a young boy named Denzel, played by DemeterLinDavis, we learn of the struggles of the inhabitants of Midgar during and after the events of Final Fantasy VII. Denzel faces the loss of loved ones, loneliness and the dreaded Geostigma as he travels around Midgar, encountering some of the most important people in his life.

Case of Barret / Episode: Barret
COB%20Cover%20small_zps4x7y9rsi.jpg

After leaving Marlene with Cloud and Tifa in Edge, Barret, played by psylentknight, sets off on a journey to settle the sins of his past, meeting a few familiar faces along the way.

Case of Yuffie / Episode: Yuffie
COY%20Cover%20thumb_zpsemp9xejb.jpg

After the Meteor’s destruction, Yuffie, played by Mizura, returns to Wutai to find that a mysterious disease has taken hold of the inhabitants. She sets off to find materia that can cure it.

Case of Nanaki / Episode: Nanaki
CoN_mockup1_zps6hizbscb.jpg

After the events of FFVII, Nanaki (voiced by Christian Sekhanen) resolves to travel the planet as he promised his grandfather, seeking his place in world.

Case of Lifestream / Episode: Lifestreem
CoL_cover_zpsvtsdc4z9.jpg

Told from the perspectives of both Sephiroth(Michael Lloyd) and Aerith(RinrinOrikuriku) as they travel through the lifestream, searching for answers. This story is split into six parts, labeled Case of Lifestream: Black or Case of Lifestream: White.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
:x if I try out for this, will it count as forum activity?

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
My voice sucks, but I'm looking forward to your audiobooks, when will them be ready?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I want to hear the other auditions first before I even start to try :monster:

Pixel

The Pixie King
Right, so I just cast an awesome vincent, and possibly Zack.

After these roles are gone, I'll move onto some smaller parts.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
But I don't like any of those female characters enough. x'D

If you did Maiden... I would try for Aerith. *O*

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
This sounds interesting. I unfortunately sound like a pre-pubescent boy when I speak thus will not be auditioning. I can't wait to hear this when it's done though, it would probably make these badly written stories SOUND much better :)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
If you'd like to try for a role, record a few lines of dialogue and drop me a line

I'll try out for Cid and Zack. Expect that sometime today, hopefully.

Pixel said:
First off, Cid
Ideally I would like someone who can do a voice like leutenent Dan(Gary Sinise) from Forrest gump.

Ho shit, I love you, yes! I've been saying Gary Sinise was Cid's voice actor since AC was announced. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking.

I can't be Gary Sinise, but I'll give it a shot.

And, Celes, and everybody else: Audition, goddamn it!

Looneymoon said:
This sounds interesting. I unfortunately sound like a pre-pubescent boy when I speak ...

Looks like we have our Denzel. :awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Needs more roles for English people :awesome:

Not that I can really do anything, especially if you're going for something that sounds professional.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Does anyone know of any game, anime or anything else characters that would suit Red xiii. That would give me some sort of first step for what to look for.:joy: I was so tempted to get a mufasa soundalike in to do it, but i restrained myself lol

When I have enough final voice tracks, I'll do a little audio trailer and put it on youtube.

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Alright. can you wait till tomorrow or monday? be getting the lines to practice. I can make him sound wise.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
Any idea what Shera should sound like? I'd be interested in auditioning for her but I don't know what you're looking for.

I probably would sound too deep for Yuffie, but I might give her a shot too.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I think she should be kinda soft spoken, because she has geostigma. And she contrasts Cid's personality.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
lol stupid question:

what's the best method of recording these things? I had a friend who had the whole slew of professional equipment, but I doubt everyone here has all of that.

just curious! :monster: If it's anything that I can easily get my hands on I'll give Yuffie a shot since I am a teenage-ish girl and I used to do acting and shit or whatever. :monster:

Pixel

The Pixie King
Rock band has a pretty good mic, apparently.

I dont want anyone buying equiptment, because i'd feel guilty if i had to turn people down

Top Bottom