• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Arkham Has Moved

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
batman-arkham-asylum-sequel-confirmed.jpg

Since I don't see a thread for it, and it certainly deserves one even if there is very little info.

I can't say how excited when I saw the teaser on Spike and heard Hamil giggling like a psycho on 12x speed.

However, since there is very little info, I figured we can post what we'd like to see in the game until there is some info(likely won't be till e3 tho).

Let's see.

-Customizable Batsuit and gadget loadouts

-More gadgets in general, a lot of good ones were left out that would have been awesome ingame such as explosive batarangs, electric batarangs(causing melee damage and incapacitating foes with high voltage currents, like smaking a guy in the face with a live taser) smoke pellets for getting the drop on armed gunmen, just to name a few.

-More indepth melee combat. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed the combat the first time around, there's certainly room to flesh it out. There's enough flexibility in the system for them to add combos, and guards into the counter heavy system. It's a little lame that you're limited to a simple punch until someone interrupts you enough to build up to a more varied array of strikes.

-Better bossfights. Make each their own experience with more quirks and unique settings. Some patterned bosses like Ivy was, with more organic scripting that makes for more surprises in a fight. Look at games like God of War, DMC, and Bayonetta for the type of bossfight. Fuck, they could have easily made the Joker a bossfight without being a giant freak. Just give him his own special attacks and abilities. Give him his gun, his acid, his bombs, and you're good to go. He's already been described as being unpredictable and really fast in the comics. It's not such a stretch and suits a videogame.

-Upgraded stealth, Batman needs more takedowns and interactivity with the environment to keep it from getting too stale(never had this problem myself though).

-A real croc bossfight. Batman has several very brutal and visceral encounters with Croc that weren't limited to playing peek a boo.

-Clayface bossfight. Could take place in an abandoned theater or showroom, filled with mannequins or some other device that would give Clayface the element of suprise, forcing players to be on edge during the entire fight. Fill the area with creepy sounds, and an eerie look and it'd work incredibly well.

-Boss fight with Deadshot, taking place on Gotham rooftops with Lawton perched on some far off sniper spot, requiring Batman to sneak to his location without getting his head blown off, culminating in a cinematic takedown. Can throw in some henchman on higher difficulties for better tension.

-More heroes. Gotham isn't just Batman's stomping grounds.

-Co-op challenge rooms. This is one of my big hopes. Adding this mode would add a shitload of replayability and fun. Making it limited to challenge rooms wouldn't ruin Batman's solitary mission in single player.
I'd make the playable characters:
Batman(obv) with more available Batsuits.

Nightwing(If Barbara is Oracle already in this timeline, then Dick has been Nightwing for a while now)

Tim Drake as Robin or Red Robin: Drake has easily been the best Robin imo,(no other has managed to take down the entire League of Assassins by himself) and he has some awesome costumes, well he's had the best as far as Robin costumes go. He's also the most like Bruce when it comes to the Batfamily.

Cassandra Cain as Batgirl: If Oracle is involved the timeline can easily include Cass as her protege, and she's downright the best melee fighter in the Batfamily, even better than Bruce(Bruce beats her hands down in experience though). She also has a fucking AWESOME costume.

More of Gothams heroes could be included for the hell of it, such as Huntress, Black Canary, Ragman, The Creeper Hell even Alfred with his shotgun.

-More references to past events in gotham.

-More platforming, kinda like in Uncharted 2, but to a different degree. This one is really a stretch, but it's suitable for a game taking place in a chunk of gotham. Batman is always hopping, swinging, and climbing already.

-Epic interactive setpieces. Fighting criminals on top of a collasping building, fighting ontop of a moving train, sneaking around assassins in a building on fire. Stuff like that. See Uncharted 2 for similar encounters.

-Bigger more engaging plot all around. You don't get any bigger than Ras Al Ghul when it comes to Batman. It fits too after his body's disappearing act. With Joker beaten to shit, it'd fit.

That's all I can think of right now. Like I said, this is just a wishlist, I don't really have any expectations of any of this stuff making it into the game.

Oh and here's the teaser from the VGA awards for the few of you who haven't seen it.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
You mean that's NOT the legit version? It seemed perfectly in line with the Joker's MO.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Come on folks, what do you want in the game, and what do you think of my suggestions, lol vid's getting more attention.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Well, just watched the real trailer and two things stood out. One being the Iceberg Lounge, obvious reference to The Penguin. The second was the word "Sionis" above the cart on the tracks. And I expect Dacon to know that's Black Mask's real name.

I've been waiting for Black Mask to make appearance somewhere for a long time. As a villain, he's seriously underrated.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The False Facers should be in it too, even if it's just a nod.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I wouldn't mind seeing multiple characters with multiple concurrent and crossing storylines.
And not just Batman and a few levels of Nightwing or Robin, but stories depicting everything that happens throughout the night for everyone.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
You mean parallel plotlines like in comics huh?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Two Face was confirmed when the game was announced.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Hamill is a fantastic Joker and much more classic than Ledger or even Jack.

He is the absolute last guy I would cast for Wolverine though. W.T.F.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
He was a pretty good Wolvie though.

Jack was a terrible Joker :/

He did wolverine? I didnt know that, did a good job. And its good to see him come back in the sequel. He'll always be my favorite joker, with Ledger behind him. Jack sucked, too much Romero

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Hamill is one of those guys who I don't get fits of anger over whenever I talk about Hollywood actors taking over professional voice-actors, simply because he's done so much more voice-acting than actual on-screen work and he's one of the best in the industry. The Joker is just his crowning achievement, really.

Also, Heath Ledger is good, but highly overrated, imo. Seriously. As chilling as his performance was in The Dark Knight, and as tragic as his death was, as a pharmacist I read the details of his overdose and I facepalm.
Also, Robert Downey Jr. > Heath Ledger but that's for a different thread.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Ledger did an outstanding job with the character he was asked to portray, but it's not quite the Joker. Not really. The Joker isn't some philosophical anarchist who performs social experiments. He is exactly the way Hamill has always played him - a unpredictable, violent clown who might be halfway amusing if he didn't just kill a room full of preschoolers.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Actually the joker has done shit like that before in the comics, hell, he just got done with one of his biggest cons in Batman and Robin. TDK just focused way too much on that, instead of that AND his insanity.

The Joker is a genius, but he's fucking retardedly insane. Ledger's character is just HALF of what he is.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Yeah that's what he was missing. Ledger created a great villain but he comes off as being too much of a focused, rational genius and not enough... well, Joker.

Top Bottom